Runequest dice
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:49 pm 

My last request for some help regarding Elfquest went well, so I'll keep going...

Does anyone have a Chaosium Runequest 2E box set (any version, but the 2" boxes would be better for this) with original dice?  I bought one recently, and the dice just don't seem to match up with other early Chaosium box sets that I have, so I'm skeptical.

If anyone has it and can post a picture, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:06 pm 

I copy my PM here if it can help other members :)

We worked something like this on Chaosium boxed sets and dice with French fellow collectors (thanks to tauther/Fred and VXgas/Pierre ;) ).
As you guessed, there is a huge variability in the various boxes but there are all from GameScience (distinguishable from others) in the first era (before 84-85).

Here is several examples (RQ2 as requested and other Chaosium boxes)

And RQ2 from GW (different dice for this set)

After 1984-1985, Chaosium dice changed and looks like these ones:

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:22 pm 

Thanks!

Another tricky part about the Chaosium dice mixtures is that some sets were in print/for sale for a long time, so they could end up with old style/new style variations.

I think I'm going to start a separate thread on this topic, and we can just build a catalog of the original dice for anything and everything.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:54 am 

Yes, during 84-85 there was mixed dice sometimes in boxed sets. After that, I am not sure that any remaining stock of dice was used in boxes.

Good idea to create an own thread for the dice problem.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.