4. Fair 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
5. Poor 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
6. Awful 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:26 am 

That's an offer you should explore, Thork. Their editing and presentation is the polish 4-9 needs as a supermodule. You won't find greater understanding of the actual art of presentation than the team Bill has put together. Even if you retain your IP and only a tiny %, it may be worth getting into print professionally.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:53 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:That's an offer you should explore, Thork. Their editing and presentation is the polish 4-9 needs as a supermodule. You won't find greater understanding of the actual art of presentation than the team Bill has put together. Even if you retain your IP and only a tiny %, it may be worth getting into print professionally.

I wouldn't  mind that at all. No, sir, I wouldn't.

:D

Hector.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:21 pm 

tsathogga wrote:ok; tough audience here...so it must be good stuff

[email protected] if really looking for a publisher. This sounds right up my alley.

Can you bring back Necromancer fan favourite Brian LeBlanc to illustrate the thing?!

Cheers!

Who says my inspiration was D&D?  That was just a background phenomenon.
                                          -- Ken St. Andre

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:49 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Entire set of papers have a fold along the center, which will eventually be removed by placing heavy books on top to weight the pages down.
Corners are bent at bottom and top as well, affecting the front half dozen pages or so and the back half dozen pages or so.

Reading this I feel for you as I've had to deal with this on a few occasions.  I don't know if this will help but what I have found in these cases is in a typical module with a thick cover it can be very hard but not impossible to restore the cover, depending on the severity of the bend.  But the good news is that in almost all but the most severe cases it is still possible to restore the normal pages underneath and remove the bend completely.  What I do is I lineup a straight edge (a ruler) along the fold and then carefully grab (all) the pages and gently fold back along that line.  Work it back a little at a time until the fold disappears.  Like I said in a normal module it might not do a lot of good since the cover will still be visibily knackered, but in this case with all loose leaf sheets the results could be quite nice.  For corners I do the same, except I use a folded business card as the straight, and you have to do a few pages at a time and not the whole thing.

Cheers!

Who says my inspiration was D&D?  That was just a background phenomenon.
                                          -- Ken St. Andre

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:38 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:That's an offer you should explore, Thork. Their editing and presentation is the polish 4-9 needs as a supermodule. You won't find greater understanding of the actual art of presentation than the team Bill has put together. Even if you retain your IP and only a tiny %, it may be worth getting into print professionally.

Hell Yes Thork!!!     PDT_Armataz_01_37

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:06 pm 

tsathogga wrote:ok; tough audience here...so it must be good stuff

[email protected] if really looking for a publisher. This sounds right up my alley.

emailed you, Bill... :?

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:52 pm 

Cloth Bound £75 a pop + introductory spiel and signature of authenticity from a bloke down the pub

I'm in

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:56 pm 

obiter wrote:Cloth Bound £75 a pop + introductory spiel and signature of authenticity from a bloke down the pub

I'm in

Interesting.
THough I have no idea what you're referring to.  :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:59 pm 

My copy arrived in the UK just fine. The envelope and folder were bashed about, but the MS only incurred a ding to two corners, and at that, they'll flatten out in time or with pressing. Nothing permanently pressed into it.

For future postage, I'd consider placing them in a plastic bag, just in case of water damage. My postman tends to be fairly good about not folding stuff into my mail box, but he will walk around in pouring rain with armfulls of mail just getting soaked.

Just a little agvice from someone who buys and sells a lot of international stuff. My copy is just fine, has 58 pages incl. the cover, and I'll need to find some time to sit down and read some of it.

Thanks, Thork, for the chance to read the original MS, and I look forward to a professional press quality product you go into print.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:23 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:My copy arrived in the UK just fine. The envelope and folder were bashed about, but the MS only incurred a ding to two corners, and at that, they'll flatten out in time or with pressing. Nothing permanently pressed into it.

For future postage, I'd consider placing them in a plastic bag, just in case of water damage. My postman tends to be fairly good about not folding stuff into my mail box, but he will walk around in pouring rain with armfulls of mail just getting soaked.

Just a little agvice from someone who buys and sells a lot of international stuff. My copy is just fine, has 58 pages incl. the cover, and I'll need to find some time to sit down and read some of it.

Thanks, Thork, for the chance to read the original MS, and I look forward to a professional press quality product you go into print.

Glad it arrived intact. I am especially worried about International mail service. The plastic wrap sounds like a good idea, thanks for the tip.

I contacted Bill Webb about a possible publication of the G4-9. We'll see what develops.

Again, thanks Ian, and everyone, for your continued support.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:04 pm 

Received mine today. Hooray for quality post man, obeyed the stamps and did not bend. Folder is in perfect shape.  Thanks Thork!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:11 pm 

Ligmancer wrote:Received mine today. Hooray for quality post man, obeyed the stamps and did not bend. Folder is in perfect shape.  Thanks Thork!

Yer welcome. Very relieved to hear of better receptions.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:22 am 

Thork, I received mine several days ago, in perfect condition.

Thank you!!!!

Jorge

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:00 am 

carrejo wrote:Thork, I received mine several days ago, in perfect condition.

Thank you!!!!

Jorge

Good to hear. The more like this the better.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:06 pm 

Got mine today! Thank you very much. The enveloppe reached France from overseas without any damage :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:22 pm 

#5 & #7 have arrived safely, I look forward to a nice read tomorrow :)

(Don't think I've ever beaten Mars to anything ever, til now...)

Sorry Ak'Ptui, I should have offered to combine with your copy too!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:23 am 

My copy arrived today...in perfect condition.

The page numbering is a bit eccentric...could you explain it again?  :scratch:

My heirs will be suitably puzzled by this artifact...but the signed and numbered front page will let them know they've got something special.

Now...dare I try to use it?    8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:10 am 

FormCritic wrote:My copy arrived today...in perfect condition.

The page numbering is a bit eccentric...could you explain it again?  :scratch:

My heirs will be suitably puzzled by this artifact...but the signed and numbered front page will let them know they've got something special.

Now...dare I try to use it?    8O

:oops:  ...to say, a couple of #s shifted around. Remember when I asked about assigning # according to payment received vs. "I'd like a copy"? So I had a couple of lists floating about--and a request for a specific #--and some double shipments that went out together, which I think fouled me up as well.

I hope everyone is not too disappointed by their #, as the 2nd batch was sent before I realized the snafu.

PreviousNext