Pitfall I by Inner City Games
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:19 am 

Can any of you fine folks give me the scoop on this item that I just won on Ebay?  The listing is here:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I've never heard of this before seeing the auction.  I thought it looked interesting and decided to bid.  Does anyone know anything about it?  Is it a decent adventure or utter garbage or somewhere in between?  Did I overpay, underpay or was I close to the mark?

I believe the seller might even be a member here but as I am a longtime lurker and very infrequent poster I don't know for sure.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:51 am 

It is a correct price. It was not common on ebay until hamilcar sold several copies.
Actually, it is only a dungeon, nothing more. It was written as a tournament module and so there is a scoring system with a table displaying suggested points awarded by players during the game.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:07 am 

A very uncommon old school tourney adventure, and a first stab at publishing by a small press who went on to publish in conjunction with EGG himself (although to what extent he was actually involved in the later works, vs. just mentoring, I have not been able to determine). As to price, I'd say it's well worth what you paid for it.

http://www.afterglow2.com/Product/Innercity.htm

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.