PaizoCon 2011 Report
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:19 pm 

FormCritic wrote:No question, the player characters have many tricks to pull out of their sleeves in Pathfinder.  The system is not as lethal to characters.

I imagine it has a lot to do with the game master.

Very True!

A lethal GM can be a lethal GM in any game system.

But Pathfinder Society modules are written in a strict format (i.e. So many CR @ level encounters, so many CR+1 @ level encounters, and maybe a CR+2 @ level encounter that cannot be right after a CR+1). And it's because of that strict format that people aren't challenged as they could be...

I really don't have a suggestion on how to deal with that though... that's the rub... Unless maybe someone like Erik wrote a grinder-type module where the risk-reward was sufficient, but then again it would have to be run by Erik. Because if you get a softball-judge to run it, I don't think it would have the same feel (or lethality...).

Sorry for the ramble...

[CR - Challenge Rating (All monsters/traps/etc. have a challenge rating)]

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:06 pm 

I just bought 48 goblin figures at St. Vincent DePaul for $9.  I couldn't resist.

I haven't been a miniatures maniac for about a decade...but I'm starting to catch the bug again.

I'm thinking of putting together a scenario for lottery play at PaizoCon 2012.

Maybe a burning town with goblins and ogres loose in the streets?  Rescue the townsfolk as humanoids rampage about?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Previous