Non-TSR forums?
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:17 am 

I think grodog may be right - I personally collect more cthulhu and middle earth than D&D, but I also think I am in the minority here.  

Of course, I would like to see a Cthulhu forum but - there is already a great Cthulhu site which mixes collecting with playing (Yog-sothoth.com) so why duplicate it?  Regarding MERP stuff - well there are ways in which I keep track of rarer stuff...

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:02 am 

I have four stances on this.
:P

For the site, the focus on D&D is what lends it its identity.  So that should always be the main theme.

For the casual forum-goer, conversations on RPG collecting naturally filter off into other systems once in awhile.  So it makes sense to have another forum to take the brunt - just avoid the threads you don't have an interest in.

For the reseller, knowledge of rares for as many systems as possible is helpful.  I also end up with bizarre odds and ends that I can't identify.

As an RPG collector, I collect Call of Cthulhu, Space 1889, Runequest, etc., but 90% of my focus is on D&D.

So that's 1 vote for D&D-exclusive, 2 votes for non-exclusive, and 1 torn up ballot due to internal confusion.  Since the initial conversation was about pulling Changeling out of the main collecting forum, I think the intent is clear.  But I could be wrong.
:wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:46 am 

Logistical nightmare. I say start out small. If the non-TSR D&D expansion goes well, then it would be time to consider Cthulthu and others. Progress is good, but in steps, not warps.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:49 am 

:)

..the engines cannaey take it cap'n, the warp  injector is gonna blow...

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:01 pm 

As a distributed computing problem, definitely too much to do.  Sadly I don't have the 3000 hours to donate ...
:lol:

But as a forum, free-for-all seems to work.

Previous