Arduin fans might appreciate this...
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:44 pm 

A while back, I did some work for Emperor's Choice, right around the time they were working on their poster-sized Arduin world map.  

Recently, while cleaning out some boxes from the basement, I came across something I'd forgotten all about--the color copies we were using for reference.   If I remember correctly, they're copies of Dave Hargrave's originals.

They're battered and somewhat dog-eared, but looking at them makes me smile.  Say what you like about the power level or viability of the material Hargrave put out, the man was passionate about gaming, and had imagination to spare.  There are nine of these suckers, each 11*16, and they're absolutely packed with evocative placenames--and from what I've heard, Hargrave had adventure ideas for each of them.

I'm not going to sell these--I don't really feel they're mine to sell.  However, if I can get in touch with the EmpCho guys and they don't mind, I think I'd like to see these go to someone who can really appreciate them.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:56 pm 

Great great find! Please could you post pictures here? :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:09 pm 

Gladly, assuming that:

1. The EmpCho folks give their okay.  (Proprietary information and all)

2. I can figure out a way to produce pictures of reasonable size that will actually show the maps in detail--like I said, these things are LARGE.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:22 pm 

don't feel badly Phentari, i'm sure several people here would love to have these maps, it is merely the case that people probably don't want to seem to be greedy. it seems your conundrum is probably similar to searching for a new pope: if a man campaigns too hard for the job, he is probably not the right man for it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:50 pm 

Well...hmm.

If I were to get these ironed out, maybe put them in a nice binding, and donate them to the charity auction at Gen Con this year, do you think anyone would be interested in bidding?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:11 pm 

Why do not ebayed the maps and donate the money? A lot of people could be interested out of GenCon (like me :))

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.