Alarums & Excursions Table of Contents
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:13 pm 

Alarums & Excursions #4 September 1975
(14 Double Sided Pages including cover sheet. Pages are of different colors and paper type)

Cover Art: Jack Harness
Editor: Jack Harness
Contributing Artists and Writers:
Joel S. Davis
Lee Gold
Jack Harness
Hilda Hannifen
Robert Hollander
Jock Root
Robert Sacks
Mark Swanson

Table of Contents
Contributor and Subscription Guidelines Pg#2, 3
Index to Issues #1 & #2 By Jack Harness Pg#3
Cartoon (Full Page) By Jack Harness Pg#4
Tantivity By Lee Gold Pg#5, 6
Billy Balrog's Own Fanzine number three By Mark Swanson Pg#7-10
Alarums & Excursions #4 By Robert Sacks Pg#11
Blank Page (Misprint?) Pg#12
Thou Art God By Robert Hollander Pg#13, 14
So You Want To Be A Were By? Pg#15
The Mad Scientist By? Pg#16
The Emerald City Flash Part 2 By Jock Root Pg#17-20
The Distracted Mockturtle or My Mind's A Million, Million Miles Away By Hilda Hannifen Pg#21, 22
More Mockturtle By Hilda Hannifen Pg#23, 24
Colorado Comments By Joel S. Davis Pg#25-28

Without a Table of Contents inside the Zine itself I can't be certain this list is complete.

NOTE\: Edited to Correct page numbering

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Last edited by JasonZavoda on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:13 pm 

Is this the start of a complete A&E contents list?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:33 pm 

This would be a VERY nice project.
Too bad I recently sold all the copies I had.
Otherwise I could add 8 issues to the list.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:48 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:This would be a VERY nice project.
Too bad I recently sold all the copies I had.
Otherwise I could add 8 issues to the list.

I only have 22 issues myself but they are in a nice block of #4-26 (missing #21). issue #4 has an index of issues #1 & 2 but I'm not sure if it covers everything. I will have to talk with Hermit and see how I can enter info into the wiki. I'm really low tech and just wasn't sure from the help page how to do it. I'm also not sure about how to reduce the size of the scan to something the wiki will accept.

Otherwise I figured on doing some reviews of the issues and posting the table of contents with as much relevant collecting info as I can find. I figure a concise review of these first three years of the zine might make a good article for the Acaeum Newsletter.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:39 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:
I only have 22 issues myself but they are in a nice block of #4-26 (missing #21). issue #4 has an index of issues #1 & 2 but I'm not sure if it covers everything. I will have to talk with Hermit and see how I can enter info into the wiki. I'm really low tech and just wasn't sure from the help page how to do it. I'm also not sure about how to reduce the size of the scan to something the wiki will accept.

Otherwise I figured on doing some reviews of the issues and posting the table of contents with as much relevant collecting info as I can find. I figure a concise review of these first three years of the zine might make a good article for the Acaeum Newsletter.

Hi Jason,

I just gave you editing rights (for the user name JasonZavoda). Now when you click on the editing tab, it will open up the markup. Feel free to experiment. You can open the edit tab of any page, copy the markup to a wordpad or word file and back out of any page so nothing is changed.

If you like you could send me cover and contents scans of one of the issues and I'll get an Alarums and Excursions section started and you can then just model subsequent issues off the first one I put up.

I use IrfanView to re-size pictures (it is a free download). You simply open an image. Crop the picture a little to make it tidy (i.e. click on the picture and draw out the square of what you want included in the image). On the edit tab, click 'crop selection' to tidy your picture.

Then click 'save as'. At the bottom of the 'save as' window is a box 'show options dialog' check this and the options for saving the image will come up. Here there is an option 'set file size' - check that box and type in a limit of 200kb .... done!

If you try putting up some pages and make a mistake. It is no problem as I can easily fix them. Once you get the hang of it, you can put up pages quite quickly and it is quite fun and addictive.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:24 am 

An Alarums & Excursions index is long overdue, so I am happy to see this Jason, especially with such early issues (1977 and earlier) that have material for OD&D rather than AD&D.

The contents of each contributer's zine within each issue is rarely reflected by the title (which would be the same from issue to issue). I have one copy right now, issue 30 - Jan 1978, (which I bought from Gnat), so I can help with the contents for that one. As an example, Steve Marsh has a zine called "A Page from the Verdigris Testament" but it is mostly a 2-page alternate assassin class for OD&D. So the very best index would describe the contents of each article beyond the title. But what you have is an excellent start (and I see you are planning to do more in-depth reviews).

Later issues, such as #30, have a Contents section, but it just lists the number of pages from each contributor (since each zine may be numbered separately or not at all). Even later issues (like below) included the color of the zine in this section, which helped in locating particular contributions.

I posted some info from several later issues in a thread back in 2007, but just the titles, and only those from the names I recognized.

General:
From the title page: "This fanzine is set up as a monthly discussion apa for SF fans and others interested in role-playing games"

Each issue has approximately 150 pages and 40 contributors. Some of the more recognizable names are listed below.

Contributors review current RPGs and discuss rule changes and additions. There is, of course, much focus on Dungeons and Dragons and the new AD&D, Gary Gygax, and Dragon magazine, but contributors also discuss Chivalry & Sorcery, The Fantasy Trip and other games.

Issue #44: includes 2 pages by Steve Marsh, contributor to many TSR products ("Analects of a Mad Sage"); 6 pages by Ed Simbalist, co-author of Chivalry Sorcery ("Kismet: Role Playing Modes of Gaming Wilderness Tourney"); 2 pages by Wilf Backhaus, also co-author of C&S ("One Frost Giant's Icicle"); 3 pages by Phillip McGregor, another C&S sourcebook co-author ("Morningstar Mutterings"); a 3 page review of the Arduin Trilogy by Mike Gunderloy; 2 pages by Greg Costikyan, author of the TOON RPG by Steve Jackson Games ("We're Looking for a few good DM's") 11 pages by John Sapienza ("The Golden Dragon"); 8 pages by Lee Gold ("Tantivy" and editorial comments). Cover by Glenn Blacow.

Issue #45: includes 4 pages by Dave Hargrave, creator of Arduin ("The New Arduin Chronicles"); 3 pages by Steve Marsh ("Analects of a Mad Sage"); 14 pages by John Sapienza ("The Runelord Writes #4"); 8 pages by Lee Gold ("Tantivy" and editorial comments). Cover by Ken Murphy.

Issue #46: includes 4 pages by Dave Hargrave, creator of Arduin ("New Arduin Chronicles #4"); 5 pages by Steve Marsh ("Heroquester #5"); 11 pages by John Sapienza ("The Runelord Writes 5"); 8 pages by Lee Gold ("Tantivy" and editorial comments). Cover by Peter E. Dixon.

Issue #64: includes 9 pages by Dave Hargrave, creator of Arduin ("New Arduin Chronicles"); 1 page by Steve Marsh o ("Analects #5"); 15 pages by John Sapienza ("The Golden Dragon" and "Dragonsgold"); 10 pages by Lee Gold ("Tantivy" and editorial comments). Cover by Ken Murphy.

Issue #70: includes 13 pages by Dave Hargrave, creator of Arduin (2 different installments of the "New Arduin Chronicles"); 4 pages by Ken Rolston, who has various TSR, Avalon Hill and Paranoia! game credits ("Dungeon Register #8"); 1 page by Phillip McGregor, a C&S sourcebook co-author ("Morningstar Mutterings"); 12 pages by John Sapienza ("The Golden Dragon #30"); 10 pages by Lee Gold ("Tantivy" and editorial comments. Cover by Phil Alexander.

Issue #72: includes 1 page by Steve Marsh ("Analects of a Mad Sage"); 10 pages by John Sapienza ("The Golden Dragon"); 8 pages by Lee Gold ("Tantivy" and editorial comments). Cover by Artemis Gail.

about4850.html

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:38 pm 

Zenopus wrote:An Alarums & Excursions index is long overdue, so I am happy to see this Jason, especially with such early issues (1977 and earlier) that have material for OD&D rather than AD&D.

The contents of each contributer's zine within each issue is rarely reflected by the title (which would be the same from issue to issue). I have one copy right now, issue 30 - Jan 1978, (which I bought from Gnat), so I can help with the contents for that one. As an example, Steve Marsh has a zine called "A Page from the Verdigris Testament" but it is mostly a 2-page alternate assassin class for OD&D. So the very best index would describe the contents of each article beyond the title. But what you have is an excellent start (and I see you are planning to do more in-depth reviews).

Later issues, such as #30, have a Contents section, but it just lists the number of pages from each contributor (since each zine may be numbered separately or not at all). Even later issues (like below) included the color of the zine in this section, which helped in locating particular contributions.

I posted some info from several later issues in a thread back in 2007, but just the titles, and only those from the names I recognized.

The titles of the topics are very misleading. For example Billy Balrog's fanzine contains a first-hand account of Gygax's Castle Greyhawk as run at Origins 1 a tid-bit of information which is to me incredibly helpful as I have been trying to track down all I can find about the Castle, the city and the entire Greyhawk campaign.

A quick scan through the issues shows that a table of contents was quickly added and the size of the Zine quickly increased to around 60 double sided pages, but page numbers themselves seem to be lacking.

If anyone has access to issues 1-3, 21 and 27-400!!! I'd love to know what was in them. I should have a good chunk of issues post #30 myself but I can't find them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:49 pm 

I have the first 70 or so, I will get the table of contents for #1-3 to you over the next few days :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:49 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:I have the first 70 or so, I will get the table of contents for #1-3 to you over the next few days :)

8O
WOWSERS!
NICE!!!

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:19 pm 

Here's some limited content from the issues you have, Jason. These are J. Eric Holmes (of the Holmes Basic set) contributions. Feel free to copy and paste any of this info for the index.

ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS submissions
A&E is an APAzine edited by Lee Gold; these submissions pre-date his short stories in DRAGON, and read more as descriptions of campaign encounters
  • "Warrior-For-Hire", ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #11, May 1976, 1 page (unnumbered)
    • hybrid narrative/OD&D variant rule suggestion; see here for a short review
    • features Ajax the warrior, who appears in MAZE OF PERIL
  • "Were-shark", by Eric and Chris Holmes, ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #13, July 1976, 2 pages (unnumbered)
    • early version of chapter 2 ("Dark Water") of MAZE OF PERIL
    • mentions Boinger but not Zereth
    • 1 illustration by Chris Holmes
  • "The Adventure of the Giant Chameleon", by Eric and Chris Holmes, ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #14, August 1976, 4 pages (unnumbered)
    • mentions a hobbit and elf, but not by name; there is a Murray the M-U as in MAZE OF PERIL
    • 2 illustrations, presumably by Chris Holmes
  • "The Adventure of the Lost City: Part One, ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #17, November 1976, 6 pages (unnumbered)
    • adventurers include Boinger the Halfling and "Xoreth" the Elf
  • "The Adventure of the Lost City: Part Two, ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #19, January 1977, 5 pages (unnumbered)

"Letter", article, ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #18, Jan 1977, 1.5 pages (unnumbered)
  • thanks Lee Gold for mentioning MAHARS OF PELLUCIDAR in A&E #17
  • describes use of Pellucidar creatures in OD&D, including stats for Mahars, Sagoths and Thipdars

Untitled Letter, ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #24, Aug 1977, 15 lines of text
  • mentions that Red Axe sequel "is never going to be released by ERB, Inc" and that the envisioned third novel would have been titled "Swordsman of Pellucidar"

The last one was just a part of a page. I think Lee would use short letters and submissions to fill up pages. I'm not sure if these are included in the Contents page. Another challenge for indexers.

Lee gave me the above information very quickly after I asked her about Holmes' contributions. She may have her own index, or a phenomenal memory (she also copied the articles for me for a nominal fee).

I'd be interested in info any responses to J. Eric Holmes stories/articles (or any missing from above), and any discussion of the Holmes Basic Set. Issue #30 has a response to Lee Gold's submission from #27 (Oct 77) where it appears she mentioned the new Basic Set. John Sapienza replies that he hasn't looked at it because he's waiting for AD&D to be released. For the most part I believe the Holmes Basic set didn't make much of an impact on the A&E regulars - they were too experienced with D&D to have much use for it.

Holmes also had a section in his 1980 FRPG book devoted to A&E, including a picture of one of the covers.

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:57 pm 

Zenopus wrote:Here's some limited content from the issues you have, Jason. These are J. Eric Holmes (of the Holmes Basic set) contributions. Feel free to copy and paste any of this info for the index.

ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS submissions
A&E is an APAzine edited by Lee Gold; these submissions pre-date his short stories in DRAGON, and read more as descriptions of campaign encounters
  • "Warrior-For-Hire", ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #11, May 1976, 1 page (unnumbered)
    • hybrid narrative/OD&D variant rule suggestion; see here for a short review
    • features Ajax the warrior, who appears in MAZE OF PERIL
  • "Were-shark", by Eric and Chris Holmes, ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #13, July 1976, 2 pages (unnumbered)
    • early version of chapter 2 ("Dark Water") of MAZE OF PERIL
    • mentions Boinger but not Zereth
    • 1 illustration by Chris Holmes
  • "The Adventure of the Giant Chameleon", by Eric and Chris Holmes, ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #14, August 1976, 4 pages (unnumbered)
    • mentions a hobbit and elf, but not by name; there is a Murray the M-U as in MAZE OF PERIL
    • 2 illustrations, presumably by Chris Holmes
  • "The Adventure of the Lost City: Part One, ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #17, November 1976, 6 pages (unnumbered)
    • adventurers include Boinger the Halfling and "Xoreth" the Elf
  • "The Adventure of the Lost City: Part Two, ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #19, January 1977, 5 pages (unnumbered)

"Letter", article, ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #18, Jan 1977, 1.5 pages (unnumbered)
  • thanks Lee Gold for mentioning MAHARS OF PELLUCIDAR in A&E #17
  • describes use of Pellucidar creatures in OD&D, including stats for Mahars, Sagoths and Thipdars

Untitled Letter, ALARUMS & EXCURSIONS #24, Aug 1977, 15 lines of text
  • mentions that Red Axe sequel "is never going to be released by ERB, Inc" and that the envisioned third novel would have been titled "Swordsman of Pellucidar"

The last one was just a part of a page. I think Lee would use short letters and submissions to fill up pages. I'm not sure if these are included in the Contents page. Another challenge for indexers.

Lee gave me the above information very quickly after I asked her about Holmes' contributions. She may have her own index, or a phenomenal memory (she also copied the articles for me for a nominal fee).

I'd be interested in info any responses to J. Eric Holmes stories/articles (or any missing from above), and any discussion of the Holmes Basic Set. Issue #30 has a response to Lee Gold's submission from #27 (Oct 77) where it appears she mentioned the new Basic Set. John Sapienza replies that he hasn't looked at it because he's waiting for AD&D to be released. For the most part I believe the Holmes Basic set didn't make much of an impact on the A&E regulars - they were too experienced with D&D to have much use for it.

Holmes also had a section in his 1980 FRPG book devoted to A&E, including a picture of one of the covers.

In the quick skim through of these issues (the ones at least that did have a table of contents of some sort) I noted the Eric or Chris Holmes articles as well as some other luminaries such as Gygax, Marsh, Tim Kask, Perrin, etc...

But I also noted that at least one issue (#11) contained a good deal of material not noted in the Table of Contents. Apparently material that should have been in issue #10 was simply appended to the back of issue #11

I have just typed up a Table of Contents for issue #5 which did not have one. These early issues are much shorter than the later issues but are also very confusing in some respects because, as you have noted, some things seem to have been added as filler for pages but not titled, credited or noted down.

I haven't done an in depth review or even a real read through of any of these yet. Given the size of the later issues this may be around 2,000 pages of sometimes badly copied print, reproductions of every kind of printing method available in the mid to late 70's many with the look of a high school mimeograph.

One of the things that is very interesting is the list of fanzine recommendations. I will make a list of those as a seperate post.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:58 pm 

Alarums & Excursions #5 October 1975
(18 Double Sided Pages - Front & Back Cover Sheets Inclusive)

Cover Art: Jack Harness
Contributing Artists & Writers:
Sherna Burley
Dick Eney
Hilda C. Hannifen
Jack Harness
Jeff May
Robert Sacks
Nicholai Shapers
Wayne Shaw
Elst Weinstein

Table of Contents (Note: Pages Are Not Numbered. This page count starts with the front cover)
Contributor & Subscription Guidelines Pg#2
Full Page Cartoon By Jack Harness Pg#3
Reviews And Honorable Mentions By? Pg#4, 5
Depth Perception 1 or Operation Orifanc 565 By Dick Eney or By Sherna Burley Pg#6-15
Robert Sacks By Robert Sacks Pg#16, 17
Jeff May By Jeff May Pg#17
Notes From The Underground #1 By Nicholai Shapers Pg#18-21
The Portal to Temporalana By Wayne Shaw Pg#22-24
Everyone Knows Department By Jack Harness Pg#25
Nasties at the Nasfic By Jack Harness Pg#26
Depth Perception 2 By? Pg#27-30
Dungeons & Dragons Character Sheet (Might be part of Depth Perception 2) By? Pg#31, 32
Another D&D Mockturtle Just Barely Though By Hilda C. Hannifen Pg#33, 34
Hogwashed, Poppycocked And Baloneyed, but Boulder Dashed ! #2 By Elst Weinstein Pg#35

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:38 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:One of the things that is very interesting is the list of fanzine recommendations. I will make a list of those as a seperate post.

That would be much appreciated.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:52 pm 

(Just happened to kick my box of Alarums & Excursions the other day so I new where it was  :) )

Alarums & Excursions #1 (Undated Probably May or June 1975)

14 double sided pages, back cover is blank

Ok I will start with the inside cover and call that page 1

This is the contents of Issue #1

Page 1(Inside cover)
Music to Loot Dungeons By
Authors Jack Harness and Lee Gold

Page 2
AM APA-L Miscellany of Comment from various L-ers
Writers Tom Digby, Mark Swanson, Ted Johnstone

Page 4
Special Abilities
Authors Mark Swanson and Lee Gold

Page 6
Tantivy
Author Lee Gold

Page 6
Thoughts on animals
Author Lee Gold

Page 9
Thoughts on keeping Magic Users within Bounds
Author Lee Gold

Page 10
Kyth Interstellar Bulletin
Author Mike Swanson

Page 11
My Comment on the non-existence of a "charm monster"
Author Ted Johnstone

Page 12
Lidenbrock's Log
Author Ted Johnstone

Page 16
If It Comes Up Magic
Author Barry Gold

Page 19
Kyth Interstellar Bulletin #56
Author Mike Swanson

Page 20
Propsal For Character Type of Singer or Bard
Author Michael Siemon

Page 24
In This House of Reds
Author Gail Selinger

Page 26Thou Art God
Author "Uncredited but probably by Lee Gold

Page 28
Melee Mayday
Author Lee Gold

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:41 pm 

Alarums & Excursions #2

July 1975
20 Pages

Inside cover is blank but just to be consistent I will start the page numbering there anyway.

Page 1: Blank

Page #2
Letter From Gary Gygax to Lee Gold about Issue #1
Author Gary Gygax

As a note this is a very cool letter, it describes the beginning of D&D and hints at a release of the Blackmoor Campaign book by Dave Arneson and about some other book (presumably Greyhawk) that could be released as well. Loaded with other stuff. Four page letter.  It is soooo cool :bounce:

Page #6
Tantivy
Author Lee Gold

Page #7
Fold Monster Determination Table
Author Lee Gold

Page #8
Gold Encounter Chart
Author Lee Gold

Page #10
Bard Proposal
Author Sienon/Pierson

Page #13
Osgood's Tower
Author Dale Doanne

Page 16
Proposal For Character Type of Singer or Bard Part Two
Author Dan Pierson

Page 19
The normal:  A New Character type
Author Jack Harness and Lee Gold

Page 19
Editorial comments by Ted Johnstone, Lee Gold and it looks like a run down of there game goes on for a few pages

Page 26
Colorado Comments
Author Joel S. Davis

Page 31
Handicapping the Races
Author Jack Harness

Page #33
Billy Balrog's Own Fanzine
Author Mark Swanson

Page #34
Thou Art God
Author Lee Gold

Page #36
The Emerald City Flash
Author Jock Root

Page #38
Boulderdash, Hogwash, Poppycock and Balony#1
Author Elst Weinstein

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:53 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Page #2
Letter From Gary Gygax to Lee Gold about Issue #1
Author Gary Gygax

As a note this is a very cool letter, it describes the beginning of D&D and hints at a release of the Blackmoor Campaign book by Dave Arneson and about some other book (presumably Greyhawk) that could be released as well. Loaded with other stuff. Four page letter.  It is soooo cool :bounce:

*drools* :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:25 am 

grodog wrote:
*drools* :D

My feelings exactly. Excellent stuff. I'd love to see that letter.

Just looking for the table of contents for A&E #3, 21 and 27+ now!

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:12 pm 

Alarums & Excursions #6 November-December 1975
(23 DoubledSided Pages -Front and Back Cover Inclusive)

Cover artist: jack Harness
Contributing Artists & Writers:
Sherna Burley
Richard H. Eney
Lee Gold
Hilda C. Hannifen
Jack Harness
Samuel Edward Konkin III
Brad Schenck
Mark Swanson
UCLA Computer Club (Mike)

Table of Contents (Page Numbering starts with Front Cover as page 1)

Editorial By Jack Harness Pg#3
Table of Contents Pg#3
Contributor and Subscription Guidelines Pg#4
The Bloody Mockturtle or A Dungeon-Master's Tale of Terror and Death By Hilda c. Hannifen Pg#5, 6
Mockturtle in Haste By Hilda C. Hannifen Pg#7
Billy Balrog's Own Fanzine number four By Mark Swanson Pg#8
Mockturtle Heroics By Hilda C. Hannifen Pg#9-16
Full Page Cartoon By Jack Harness Pg#17
Special Abilities Swanson Abilities Harkness Version By Jack Harness Pg#18-20
Tantivy By Lee Gold Pg#21-24
Depth Perception 3 By Richard H. Eney Pg#25-32
Well, Now... By Sherna Burley Pg#33-36
Cosmic Frog Productions Advertisement By Brad Schenck Pg#37
Blank Page Pg#38, 39
Anyone Wanna Sell a Coat of Mithril #1 By Mike-UCLA Computer Club Pg#40
The Competitive Quest By Samuel Edward Konkin III Pg#41-44