Esoteric Jorune Printing Question
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:11 am 

I recently acquired a second Jorune boxed set, and noticed that the contents differ slightly from my first one. I'm guessing that both are complete, but would like corroboration from other(s).

My original (#1) set I believe is a second printing/release, because it contains the "8-87 Supplement" with updates to the character generation process and some other addenda to the rules (I believe this document was also available through the mail from SkyRealms Publishing, so this could complicate matters). The second set (1985) does NOT contain the "8-87 Supplement" booklet, but does contain the "Resouce Sheet", which is absent from my first (1987) set. The total contents of each are as follows:

Set #1 (I believe this to be the 1987 release)
Tauther Guide
Player Manual
Sholari Guide
The SkyRealm Kolovisondra
1 Resource Sheet (EDIT: Correction, Zero Resource Sheets)
0 (zero) Combat Summary Sheets (EDIT: Correction, 1 Combat Summary)
4 Character Sheets (this I assume is because 1 was used, there are supposed to be 5)
"8-87" Rules Supplement

Set #2 (I believe this to be the original 1985 release)
Tauther Guide
Player Manual
Sholari Guide
The SkyRealm Kolovisondra
2 Resource Sheets (EDIT: Correction, 1 Resource Sheet)
2 Combat Sheets
5 Character Sheets

Both boxed sets and booklets are more or less identical otherwise, aside from slight color saturation differences on the book covers. The books from both sets state that they are first printings. This could mean an overstock of books from the first printing used in the second release, or a 2nd printing without bothering to change this information in the books.

My basic question is this? Did the "8-87" booklet replace/supplant the Resource Sheet from the '85 printing, or am I missing a Resource Sheet in the 1987 set? Do I have the "right" number of Combat Summary Sheets in Set #1 (1 as opposed to 2)?

Any insight/information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Last edited by MetaSigma on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:32 am 

I have the 8-87 supplement and 2 combat summary sheets in my boxed set. But no  Resource Sheet (?). What does it look like? My boxed set should be complete since I bought it new and open the shrink by myself.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:41 am 

lokiwookie wrote:I have the 8-87 supplement and 2 combat summary sheets in my boxed set. But no  Resource Sheet (?). What does it look like? My boxed set should be complete since I bought it new and open the shrink by myself.

Interesting... It could just be there was some sloppiness or shortages of certain "non-essential" contents when these were boxed up originally. I will scan and post the Resource Sheet, and double check the contents of my sets.

EDIT: OK, Back up a bit. I mixed up the Combat Summary and Resource Sheets, and my memory played tricks in other ways. I've double-checked, and what I actually have is this:

1985 Set (1st printing): 1 Resource Sheet (posted below), 2 Combat Summary Sheets, 5 Character Sheets.

1987 Set (2nd? printing): 0 Resource Sheets, 1 Combat Summary Sheet, 1 "8-87" Rules Supplement, 4 Character Sheets.

So, just comparing my 1987 Set to yours, Lokiwookie, it seems as if they agree except I'm missing one of the Combat Summary Sheets. Neither mine nor yours has the Resource Sheet, both have the "8-87 Supplement". So it looks like the "8-87" might have replaced the Resource Sheet. Sorry for the confusion.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:14 pm 

And I have 5 character sheets. You said that one was used, so it would be that, 5 character sheets in the 2nd print?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:59 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:And I have 5 character sheets. You said that one was used, so it would be that, 5 character sheets in the 2nd print?

I only have 4 char sheets in my "1987" set, so I assume one was used. It is no longer present. My "1985" set has 5 (as does the Acaeum wiki's "1985" set, no "1987" is listed there), as does your "1987", so my conclusion (so far) is that I have a complete "1985" and an almost complete "1987" (sans 1 of 2 Combat Summary Sheets and 1 of 5 Character Sheets).

Please, anyone else chime in if your set disagrees or you have other info.

Thanks!

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-