Interesting Items now on RPG Marketplace
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:24 pm 

bombadil wrote:Hm, that's funny.  There was one available just now when I went AND SNAPPED IT UP.   :lol:

There was one left when I got there too.
I hit BUY and was told it was no longer available. :?  :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:12 pm 

Shipping at RPGMarketplace.com has to be setup by the seller for multiple items...

Most sellers don't take the time to set up (just like non of the buyers take time to setup their Paypal address so when they buy something the seller gets a confirmed sale via Paypal and thus is insured)... I can't make people use the system properly.

Should you choose to buy/sell at RPGMarketplace.com, please take the time to read the FAQ etc and go through your member area to configure your settings properly.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:15 pm 

Mike's problem is, he setup the wrong kind of auction for multiple items....

If you are going to sell multiple items and make them available do people can buy multiple copies, it has to be configured as a DUTCH auction, not a Standard auction... Standard is for single items.

Again, I can't make people use it properly... read the FAQs, ask for help :)

lucyjoyce sells a lot there, and I am sure she or I will answer any questions you might have.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:19 pm 

Here's to not collecting tournament items!

(Although I'm not really sure why I don't, and there are a couple exceptions.)

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:00 am 

ScketreWhisp® wrote:Mike's problem is, he setup the wrong kind of auction for multiple items....

If you are going to sell multiple items and make them available do people can buy multiple copies, it has to be configured as a DUTCH auction, not a Standard auction... Standard is for single items.

Again, I can't make people use it properly... read the FAQs, ask for help :)

lucyjoyce sells a lot there, and I am sure she or I will answer any questions you might have.

So I'm doing it right?  Thanks Doug! :D

I bought two of Tim's books and paid the double shipping as well.  Was promptly refunded the extra $8.

So cool to see such interesting items there.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:01 am 

FAQ?  Who the "faqk" reads the FAQ?  

Ok, I set them up as Dutch Auctions....so it should be ok now.

If you buy one of these, I'll message you with the invoice info.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:36 am 

Link to Mike's dutch auction --> https://rpgmarketplace.com/auction_deta ... _id=112399

down to 9 now ;-)

I can't find a way to actually pay for it though...I'm probably missing something

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:58 am 

There are "tons" of payment types on the site, but the seller has to setup or define which types they accept.

Mike has set all his types to "offline", meaning you can't pay for them at the time of sale.

Mike does this to prevent the possibility that shipping might be incorrect for out of country buyers, or he may NOT have configured his additional shipping per item so you'd end up getting charged $8.00 per item like Tim's auction (he could have set a flat rate for sale and this wouldn't have happened).

You can actually set your shipping up as say $6.00 for an item, then $1.00 per additional item and define this as "local" meaning your country, then setup a table that defines additional shipping amounts per country/region/state etc so it adds additional shipping when needed.

Again, it requires a bit of account setup to be more automated.

In Mike's case, he manually issues an accurate invoice after reviewing the sale, where it's being shipped, does he need to include insurance, tracking etc. That's his way.

Tim wanted to sell them fast, collect the funds, then issue any refunds after working out the details. (actually it's Tim's first time to sell anything there, so he's learning)

Stay tuned though for other items being sold at RPGMarketplace.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:09 am 

The new link:

http://rpgmarketplace.com/112399,auctio ... on_details

Doug is correct, you have to pay "offline".  I can send you an invoice or you can send me the money, the info will be in the message I send you after the sale.

I corrected some of the description per Doug (the item was 200 copies, not 100 copies, sorry).  I also raised the price (for only new sales, if you bought at the old price, that is your gain).  Also, when the last few copies I have listed are sold, that's it....for awhile at least (probably until after the convention).

Doug and I have discussed this, and we have plenty of overstock NTRPG Con goodies from the last few years.  Stay tuned as you never know when something will go up for sale at the marketplace in limited quantities....they will be announced here first, with a link.

Also Doug tells me Tim was really excited about his quick sell out and may be thinking of selling more interesting items on the Marketplace.....!

Also in case you didn't know all the funds to to support the NTRPG Con, we have very few revenue streams, these purchases really help us out!
Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:20 am 

http://rpgmarketplace.com/Dragons-Crag- ... on_details

Doug actually has a few of these up, search for "Dragon's Crag" for other numbered copies....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:08 pm 

Badmike wrote:http://rpgmarketplace.com/Dragons-Crag--Lithograph-by-Paul-Jaquays--186-of-500,name,112410,auction_id,auction_details

Doug actually has a few of these up, search for "Dragon's Crag" for other numbered copies....

Mike B.

IMO $45 for one of those Dragon's Crag Litho's is a freaking STEAL!
If I did not already have a copy hanging in my game room (Obtained directly from Paul) then I would have bought one of Dougs copies a long time ago.
(Probably at the convention, when Doug first got them).

I do not understand why they have not sold out long ago... :?

Same thing for the first years "outside the door" Vinyl sign used for the 2009 1st NTRPGCON.
It was signed by the big name guests from that first years NTRPG Convention, yet it sat on the RPGMarketplace site for over a year until I bought it...  
And I  felt like I almost stole that too...   :oops:  
Doug had it listed for about what he paid for the sign to be made... maybe it was not even that much?
I know it was a lot less than I thought it should have sold for. 8)
Not that I am complaining... just saying....
That sign is hanging in my game room too now. :D

There are some GREAT DEALS on the RPGMarketplace... :lol:

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:02 pm 

Badmike wrote:Doug actually has a few of these up, search for "Dragon's Crag" for other numbered copies....

Could you tell me what size these prints are?

I'm just wanting to compare them with the 1996 TSR print I have (although mine is called "Dragons of Krynn":

http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~mdtpetri/art/IMG_4105.JPG

I'm guessing the ones you are selling are bigger.  I think I have gone from trying to sell these Dragon prints, to selling half of them to keeping them all and going out and buying some frames ;)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:08 pm 

Well your print looks exactly the same.
What size is yours?
Perhaps the sizes and name of the prints are the only difference.

Dragon's Crag
Litho #/500:
About 17-1/2" x 23-1/2"

The print pictured below is  Print # 23/500.
In the first picture, you can see it is signed at the lower right corner in the white area with the print number being to the far left and at the bottom.

Also just below the Dragons Tail right near the center you can see Jaguay's in Blue on the Litho itself.

In case you wondered; the print pictured below has something that very few other copies of this prints would have.
The smaller pencil sketch of a dragon was added for me by Paul Jaguay's when I obtained this print directly from him.

The copies that Doug has are the same as this print; except for the print number of course and the small pencil sketch at the bottom.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:23 pm 

Three copies of the Jim Holloway art prints left....won't put any more up until after the con (if we don't sell out at the con, that is....!)

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:25 pm 

Badmike wrote:Three copies of the Jim Holloway art prints left....won't put any more up until after the con (if we don't sell out at the con, that is....!)

Mike B.

Okay, I succumbed to temptation and bought my copy.  Ever since the inception of NTRPG.com a lot of my money has been flowing towards Texas.  This must stop!!!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:46 pm 

Prufrock wrote:
Okay, I succumbed to temptation and bought my copy.  Ever since the inception of NTRPG.com a lot of my money has been flowing towards Texas.  This must stop!!!!

Better to flow towards us rather than towards Washington, DC!!!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:59 am 

My copy of the Tim Kask GaryCon adventures arrived today. Very cool!  Love the snowman NPC!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:05 am 

Two tickets to the charity game Thursday night are up for bid at the site!  This game, DM'd by the esteemed Taco Jon Hershberger, will contain a who's who of gaming legends...we hope 8 of them, taken from the mixed bag of nuts that are Frank Mentzer, Tim Kask, Rob Kuntz, Paul Jaquays, Dennis Sustare, Jim Ward, Jeff Dee, Erol Otus, and Steve Winter.  Two lucky high bidders will be able to sit at the table and adventure with these guys through an original dungeon, and the money will all to to Charity! (cough write-off cough).  Doug has picked a children's charity (not sure of the name yet) so bid often and bid to win!!!  There will be some MAJOR props associated with this, including the opportunity to get all the special guests and Jon to sign your character sheet (how often is this opportunity going to happen???)

Seat # 1 http://rpgmarketplace.com/112504,auctio ... on_details

Seat # 2 http://rpgmarketplace.com/112505,auctio ... on_details

Mike B.

Edit:  This appears to be the charity Doug has chosen....looks like a really good one!

http://www.varietychildrenscharity.org/index.php

NTRPGCON

PreviousNext