Star Wars D6 Recommendations
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:19 am 

I guess this question actually goes more towards the playing aspect of the game, rather than just the collecting aspect.  Would someone who has knowledge of the West End Games Star Wars D6 RPG please let me know what are the recommended books to get?

Is the 1st Edition recommended for gameplay, or a later edition?  Is only the core book worth getting, or are there other books that are pretty much "must-gets"?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  :)  Thanks in advance!

~Kat  ^_^

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:11 pm 

I have Star Wars d6, and here is a list to get you started.

Core Rulebook (Second Edition, Revised and Expanded)
Star Wars Sourcebook (1st Edition)
Movie Trilogy Sourcebook (I have the 1st edition. Get the Revised and Expanded version.)
Imperial Sourcebook (2d Edition)
Rebellion Sourcebook (2d Edition)
Death Star Technical Companion (1st Edition)

The second edition of Star Wars played so much better than the first. So the 2d Edition Revised and Expanded Core Rules are a must. For the Sourcebook, I kept the 1st Edition sourcebook simply because nothing in 2d edition came close to its usefulness. The only thing you need to find is the starship conversion rules which were originally at the back of the original 2d Edition Core Rulebook to be able to use the starships in game*. The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook has the stats for all the characters of episodes IV-VI, so you can pepper your environment with characters the players have heard of. The two other sourcebooks and the Death Star Technical Companion are totally optional. The first three are more than enough to get you playing for years to come.

*I photocopied the conversion rules from the back of the 2d Edition Rulebook after acquiring the 2d Edition Revised and Expanded Rulebook. I then went and traded the 2d Edition Rulebook in for some other game. I suppose said rules should be available somewhere on the net, but I haven't found them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:30 pm 

Traveller,

Awesome!  Thanks so much!  :D  That's exactly what I was hoping for... an experienced/knowledgable person who would tell me what is best to get for the game.  :)  Thanks a million!

~Kat  ^_^

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:47 pm 

Some sourcebooks were redone for the second edition of the game.

Pictures of all (?) of the books and boxed sets are here:

. . . http://www.rancorpit.com/WestEndGamesBooks.html