Troll & toad order problem
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:51 pm 

"An Acaeum member who works for Troll and Toad contacted me and apologized to me.   He also expedited Troll and Toad sending me a free copy of the item in question.  He's working on the problem but these kinds of things keep happening.  I emphathize with him because I too work in a job where other people sometimes make me look bad."

Who was that Troll and Toad Employee?  Did you get back to him and tell him the product was damaged?

Paul Burdick
Author, Publisher: Castle Thrax
Publisher: The Future King
As Michael Mirth, professional Magical Entertainer
Consultant to the Game Industry: In2itive Solutions

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:54 pm 

"Why not e-mail that last muppet who said he'd fix all problems personally"

Will you post this reference or a link to this individual's comment?

Paul Burdick
Author, Publisher: Castle Thrax
Publisher: The Future King
As Michael Mirth, professional Magical Entertainer
Consultant to the Game Industry: In2itive Solutions

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:02 pm 

It's funny how T&T's listings, FUs and the way they deal with their customers regularly brings people here in phases. I wonder if its because one individual who does know how to work, goes on holiday twice a year, or if this is the cycle of 'the new guy' T&T has to emply every six months to fix the FU's and try to limit the damage to their reputations, because they found out the sun really didn't shine out of the arze of the last guy they came here and bigged up.

Sorry, PBurdick. You made a mistake buying from them in the first place. Its a learning curve we all have to go through and learn from. Hope you didn't loose too much on the deal. A lot of people here know what you're going through. Bottom line is, there isn't anyone there who will help you. The staff who come here and say they'll help have all been shown to be FOS. Then they either run away or try to make excuses saying it's company culture and the whole company is against them, or f"cked up. They are all AHs.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:48 pm 

Just do a chargeback on your credit card. I don't often agree with mbassoc (:)), but I think most of us are on the same page with T&T. They're too small to keep good people, and too big to care much if something get's f'ed up. Occasionally they assign someone to patrol here for damage control, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:51 am 

PBurdick wrote:"An Acaeum member who works for Troll and Toad contacted me and apologized to me.   He also expedited Troll and Toad sending me a free copy of the item in question.  He's working on the problem but these kinds of things keep happening.  I emphathize with him because I too work in a job where other people sometimes make me look bad."

Who was that Troll and Toad Employee?  Did you get back to him and tell him the product was damaged?

I dropped the matter and moved on.  I had gotten a refund and a somewhat bent up module.  I figured I was ahead.

Recently, I took a chance on completing my KOBOLD QUARTERLY and KNOCKSPELL collections through Troll and Toad.

I paid through PayPal on September 1st.

About a week later, I was hit with four (4) "Failure to Pay" claims.

After calling PayPal (no one answered) and Ebay (told me to call PayPal again), I just went ahead and answered their claims with four messages that said essentially:  "Dear Incompetent Seller:  Please reference PayPal transaction #xxxxxxxx sent to you on September 1, 2011."

All four claims were dropped the next day.

Several weeks later  I contacted Troll and Toad again with four messages that said, "Ebay wants me to leave feedback for this item.  Do you intend to ship it to me?"

The four magazines arrived about four days after that...one with a cover damaged by careless handling.  I complained.

Someone at Troll and Toad asked me if I wanted another copy or my money back.

I answered, "At this point, I want a refund - unless you're planning to file another false accusation against me."

I got a refund.

The thing is...I dealt with Troll and Toad open-eyed, knowing that this sort of thing was possible (likely?) to happen.  I don't blame Troll and Toad so much as I blame myself.  I knew what I was doing.

Yesterday, a nice, new copy of Eldritch Sorcery, by Necromancer Games, popped up on Ebay with an attractive Buy-It-Now.  I've been looking out for exactly this item for some time.  I jumped on it.

I used the credit in my PayPal account to purchase Eldritch Sorcery.  The seller was...yes...Troll and Toad.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:03 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Yesterday, a nice, new copy of Eldritch Sorcery, by Necromancer Games, popped up on Ebay with an attractive Buy-It-Now.  I've been looking out for exactly this item for some time.  I jumped on it.

I used the credit in my PayPal account to purchase Eldritch Sorcery.  The seller was...yes...Troll and Toad.

You are a glutton for punishment, yes?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:59 pm 

Apparently.  :x

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:50 pm 

Fwiw, the last two orders were packaged well and I had no problems.  I suppose the statistics could catch up with me, but I've not had a problem yet with them.  Everything has been as described, reasonably priced with combined shipping.

Being a bigger reseller, they are probably not going to provide the same type of service as an individual though.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:21 am 

Anybody have a good contact for Troll & Toad?  I placed an order with them ( I know it was a bad idea  :oops: ) and some books arrived in less than supposed to be Near Mint Condition.  I have called 3 times and emailed 4 times and have received no response.   I placed the order directly through them, so I can't file with Ebay.  Anybody know someone that can help me?

Thanks,

Neal

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:39 am 

NMilty wrote:Anybody have a good contact for Troll & Toad?  I placed an order with them ( I know it was a bad idea  :oops: ) and some books arrived in less than supposed to be Near Mint Condition.  I have called 3 times and emailed 4 times and have received no response.   I placed the order directly through them, so I can't file with Ebay.  Anybody know someone that can help me?

Thanks,

Neal

Reverse the changes on your credit card, that will get there attention!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:00 pm 

Neal[/quote]

Reverse the changes on your credit card, that will get there attention!![/quote]

Post Gencon is not the only time they lapse, hmm?
They probably wouldn't even notice the reversal.

I ordered from a computer parts company once, and they were taking so long I canceled it.
For some reason they shipped everything to me anyhow, asi if their system never noticed the cancellation.  2 weeks later.
My card was never charged.
After 3 months they called me saying they don't know what happened to the billing and were seeking their funds.

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:53 pm 

I wouldn't be surprised at that.. someone has to find out which transaction, its takes time etc to happen at their end etc..

Which reminds me of a funny story.. I once bought a large tent and it came in a rather large bag, walking out of the store I of couse just chucked the receipt in the bin (no bits of paper in the pocket).. got home and the zip just burst, so I rang them up and said I would like to change it over as I had just bought it (and there was a huge pile of tents.. literally) , no I didn't have the receipt but I was just there.. "sorry we can't exchange unless you have a receipt as proof of purchase".. "I tell you what, I'll ring my credit card company and cancel the transaction, when you see the money refunded to me then you'll know its me and you can give me a call".. "would you like to come in now and change the tent over sir?" "Sure that sounds great"

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:12 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:I wouldn't be surprised at that.. someone has to find out which transaction, its takes time etc to happen at their end etc..

Which reminds me of a funny story.. I once bought a large tent and it came in a rather large bag, walking out of the store I of couse just chucked the receipt in the bin (no bits of paper in the pocket).. got home and the zip just burst, so I rang them up and said I would like to change it over as I had just bought it (and there was a huge pile of tents.. literally) , no I didn't have the receipt but I was just there.. "sorry we can't exchange unless you have a receipt as proof of purchase".. "I tell you what, I'll ring my credit card company and cancel the transaction, when you see the money refunded to me then you'll know its me and you can give me a call".. "would you like to come in now and change the tent over sir?" "Sure that sounds great"

Brette:)

Sometimes a little threat can help the common sense come forward  :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Previous