What price glory?!
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:48 pm 

Could someone please show a couple pages of the rules.  I'd love to see how 'realism' is interpreted.  Realism can bog down gameplay so I find it interesting how the author keeps that from happening.

Thanks in advance

-SKA

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:22 am 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in What price glory?!:Could someone please show a couple pages of the rules.  I'd love to see how 'realism' is interpreted.  Realism can bog down gameplay so I find it interesting how the author keeps that from happening.

Thanks in advance

-SKA

Nimolee rules you mean?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:24 am 

vault keeper wrote in What price glory?!:
Nimolee rules you mean?

Yes.  I was PMed a sampling.  

-SKA

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:37 am 

Well, if anyone can tell me how to upload a 2.85MB file to this site, I have a pdf copy of Nimolee 1st ed. Apparently 2MB is the size limit. Coincidentally, my old college buddies are getting together tonight to break out the index cards, pencils and dice and play in one of the Nimolee type worlds that has been around since the late 1970's. I even wore the matching T-shirt today...

ImageUntitled by analog addict, on Flickr

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:47 am 

With all credits to DBD Conn for this, here are the original Nimolee rules after a little server gymnastics.
It would be an interesting exercise for those in possession of the orange cover version to see if these are verbatim or a previous incarnation of those pages.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2022 9:51 am 

Big thank you to the scanner, hosting and posting this! Looks like the orange cover 1982 (3rd? edition) of Nimolee has a significantly greater page count of 188?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2022 10:03 am 

TGMoore wrote in What price glory?!:Big thank you to the scanner, hosting and posting this! Looks like the orange cover 1982 (3rd? edition) of Nimolee has a significantly greater page count of 188?

I was curious as to the comparison between the text blocks. Did the author re-type his rules and chapters in further editions, or did he just add new materials as he went on new sheets? Typing up those tables is a real chore without word processing. I am that old. So I’d imagine he’d only want to re-type what he absolutely had to.

Do any of the more prolific collectors here have a copy of the Nimolee rules that is a distinctly different printing from the orange covered version with the taped binding? Is the author Paul Keyser known to the community?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2022 9:34 pm 

If you are looking for some of the history of the development of Nimolee, Paul was a contributor to some of the APAs during its development.

Previous