What price glory?!
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:15 am 

Yes, just found it on my own website.  :oops:
I must have got the information from the buyer/seller of a copy that went through eBay, as it's not something that's ever passed through my collection.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:46 pm 

i'm good with info, bad with posting pictures, so that will probably not happen soon.....the cover to blah, blah, blah has the same typeface/font as gothic manor so i'd bet they were made by the same company.....outime (as pictured in tome of treasures) was the main rulebook; outime: operation guardian is a module to be used with it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:16 pm 

Thanks for the details.

stratochamp wrote:outime (as pictured in tome of treasures) was the main rulebook; outime: operation guardian is a module to be used with it.

Did you bought them from NKG? I saw that they have listed outime and the supplement but have been sold.
Or on ebay?

The interesting thing with these kind of games is that most of them go under the radar on ebay, lose in lots or unknown so no automatic research highlight them. I bought my copy of Gothic Manor for 2£, no bid on it!

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:14 pm 

i bought my copy of outime and the module for it about 25 years ago from my fantastic local flgs Games Plus in Mt Prospect Illinois. best game store in the country that I know of (and I've been to quite a few, although none in Texas....).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:58 pm 

I haven't had a chance to post the other Outime book on the Tome.  Valhalla also produced a fantasy RPG (M'aryanni) that is composed of 3 volumes (looks like NK only has volume 2).  The author of these was also involved with The Apprentice fanzine.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am 

It semms to have been very interesting to live in US in 80's. In France, it was difficult even to find an Unearthed Arcana :/

@Mars: I notice M'aryanni on NKG and hesitated to grab it, but I didn't find any information about it. Do you have more details?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:53 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:@Mars: I notice M'aryanni on NKG and hesitated to grab it, but I didn't find any information about it. Do you have more details?

Book 1: Warrior
Book 2: Sorcerer
Book 3: Wayfarer

All are very hard to find (#3 especially).  I am out of town right now so I can't look up any more of the details.  I only have book 2.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:31 pm 

I know this is a Zombie thread, but I thought I might help clear up some of the history. I started playing D&D in the Spring of 1980 in a set of worlds based on the   Nimolee adaptation of AD&D. One big difference was that experience was accumulated by actual individual actions, such as fighting rounds for a fighter, thieving rounds for a thief, and the expenditure of spell points by a mage, illusionist, or cleric. If you sat in the back of the party and picked your nose, you got nothing, except a roll for loot at the end of the adventure, assuming you survived. However, you could bow from the back and then received bowing rounds, etc.

Anyway, Nimolee was created by a fellow named Paul Keyser who I believe was a grad student at Duke. My friend's played in the original Nimolee world, but he had graduated by the time I started school. By the time I started, they had created their own worlds, and we still play in these same worlds once a month on a rotating basis. I started a post apocalyptic world of my own when I got home from school in the summer of 1980, based on a mix of Nimolee and Gamma World. We all have 40 + year old characters now, older than their game age, which is an interesting temporal reversal. Anyway, I thought I'd speak up in case anyone had any questions...

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:35 pm 

Oh and in case anyone cares, the artist was a fellow who lived in my dormitory who went on the bigger and better things.....

https://www.artstation.com/chukw

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:10 am 

Nimolee runs to 188 pages and seems to be a fairly comprehensive early OSR type conversion of D&D and a campaign world.
Stupidly rare though for the collector as with most early self published stuff.

ImageImageImageImage

As for What Price Glory! It's out there on the internet somewhere as a PDF. I don't know if it's legit/officially been let loose by the author/IP holder, or if someone just scanned it and did it, but I'm sure Google will bring it up quick enough.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:16 am 

That is the third print of Nimolee, the one with the Orange cover. I recently picked up the 1st print from a few years earlier.

Shrink is not a condition

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:18 am 

stratochamp wrote in What price glory?!:That is the third print of Nimolee, the one with the Orange cover. I recently picked up the 1st print from a few years earlier.

I only noticed the 'Third Edition' line when I posted the pictures. That's how little I read some of the stuff in my collection.
PM sent btw. :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:24 am 

What Price Glory?! And it’s official errata is posted here in pdf form with author Jim Lauffenburger’s permission.

What Price Glory?! | RPG Item | RPGGeek

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:08 pm 

Nimolee is still one of my favourites.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:48 pm 

Could someone please show a couple pages of the rules.  I'd love to see how 'realism' is interpreted.  Realism can bog down gameplay so I find it interesting how the author keeps that from happening.

Thanks in advance

-SKA

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:22 am 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in What price glory?!:Could someone please show a couple pages of the rules.  I'd love to see how 'realism' is interpreted.  Realism can bog down gameplay so I find it interesting how the author keeps that from happening.

Thanks in advance

-SKA

Nimolee rules you mean?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:24 am 

vault keeper wrote in What price glory?!:
Nimolee rules you mean?

Yes.  I was PMed a sampling.  

-SKA

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:37 am 

Well, if anyone can tell me how to upload a 2.85MB file to this site, I have a pdf copy of Nimolee 1st ed. Apparently 2MB is the size limit. Coincidentally, my old college buddies are getting together tonight to break out the index cards, pencils and dice and play in one of the Nimolee type worlds that has been around since the late 1970's. I even wore the matching T-shirt today...

ImageUntitled by analog addict, on Flickr

PreviousNext