An Open Letter to My Friends and Customers
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:02 pm 

I've been, sadly, absent from Acaeum except for popping my virtual head in the door lately, but wanted to post this for my friends, supporters and those who might be curious...

Center Stage Miniatures Relaunches Today
As of Nov. 1, we're back - bigger and better than ever before. For those of you who purchased the cancelled Swords & Wizardry boxed set, your refund should have already been tendered through PayPal, and your free goodies will be in the mail in short order.

As many of you already know through private emails and correspondence on various forums, I entered the military in April of 2010...and left Center Stage in what I thought at the time to be competent hands.

Despite the best intentions, I came home in September to what was effectively a non-business - website shut down, no orders filled, and many shrugged shoulders. Not only was our website shut down, but it had been completely erased from the hosting server!

From my perspective, a number of bad decisions and unfortunate circumstances on my part probably played a part in this move, and I blame myself (Center Stage) entirely.

It's taken since then to re-construct a website (thanks to Bonnie Farren of Auric Design) and completely rebuild our shopping cart with OSCommerce (thanks Brian Paganelli!), but we're finally there, and ready to go!

If you have ANY outstanding issues or orders placed during the time we were on hiatus, please contact me immediately through our general email at [email protected].

What happened to Swords & Wizardry miniatures?
Since my departure for the military, Mythmere Games has developed a working relationship with Bill Webb, of Frog God Games (the heir apparent to Necromancer Games.) Swords and Wizardry has elected to move, at this time, in a direction that does not include metal miniatures.

I've spoken with Matt Finch (of Mythmere Games), and he remains very supportive of Center Stage Miniatures and a good friend in the Old School gaming community.

Introducing 25mm Fantasy Encounters

One good thing that came out of my leaving for training was a great backstock of castings ready to be shipped - and several sculptors who made good and had new greens ready upon my return home.

What was the original Swords and Wizardry line is now our Fantasy Encounters line, a number of vintage 25mm miniatures that haven't seen the light of day in some time. The initial offerings are miniatures originally released by Metal Magic and R-Kiiv. It is my hope that they'll be used in Old School games, whether it's S&W, OSRIC, or plain old original edition D&D.

They'll be priced at some of the lowest MSRPs in the biz, so hopefully gamers can fill their tables with quality minis for a low price! They're also in 25mm scale - which means that the miniatures you bought back when "Old School" was can come out and play! No more boxes of lead in the attic - figures are coming that'll look just right sitting with them on the gaming table!

What's new with Center Stage?
We re-launch TODAY, kicking off the re-launch with CSM-004, Lord of the Eyes, the newest addition to our Advanced Fantasy Miniatures line. In the coming months, we'll be releasing lots of goodies, specifically from the talented hands of Jason Wiebe and Simon Summers. One of which is a polar worm whose official name begins with an R....but shhhh, we won't call it that!

To summarize, we've got great new minis out there for "Old-School" fantasy gamers - and if you've been frustrated in the past, give us a chance. We understand that customer service is the most important aspect of being a small company, and we're proud to be a supporter of the Old School Renaissance when it comes to fantasy RPGS.

Sincerely,

Matt S. (AKA Center_Stage)

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:45 pm 

Good luck to you Matt and the mini company. The quality of the minis is very good, sorry the company stuff got derailed.  I have respect for you that you manned up and took responsibility for the problems since you left, and hope you can get everything straightened up now that you are back.

BTW, the Fantasy Encounters line are truly "vintage" minis....the molds date from the old days of classic gaming (early 80s I believe).  Although all the minis are great sculpts these oldies are some of my favorites!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:24 pm 

I agree, it's great when someone steps up.

Plus, it sounds like things weren't so much your fault except picking the wrong people to stand in for you during your absence.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:53 pm 

Was fortunate to receive my "goodies" today.  Very cool.  I have been meaning to try my hand at painting minis, maybe this is the time to begin.  Thanks, Matt.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:54 pm 

Center_Stage wrote:They'll be priced at some of the lowest MSRPs in the biz, so hopefully gamers can fill their tables with quality minis for a low price!

Yeah!  :)

Center_Stage wrote:They're also in 25mm scale - which means that the miniatures you bought back when "Old School" was can come out and play!

Preach it brother!   :)

Center_Stage wrote: One of which is a polar worm whose official name begins with an R....but shhhh, we won't call it that!

Hot dang!  :D

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:55 pm 

Make sure you send me some pictures, Joan, of your first painted mini...Once you do, I'll open the gallery page and yours will be the first "fan picture" posted.

:)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:Was fortunate to receive my "goodies" today.  Very cool.  I have been meaning to try my hand at painting minis, maybe this is the time to begin.  Thanks, Matt.

If you need painting inspiration and some mediocre painted minis to make you own artwork look way better, take a look at my handiwork:

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 43&t=38299

8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 pm 

Thanks, Benjoshua.

The 25mm Fantasy Encounters line will definitely be as low MSRP-wise as I can make it...the Advanced Fantasy Miniatures line not so much, as I have to factor in the costs of sculpting, molds, etc.

As for your painting, I couldn't paint the yellow on a smiley face. That's some pretty decent stuff you've done....now you just need some Center Stage minis to add to your collection :wink:

Appreciate your post.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:14 pm 

Center_Stage wrote:Thanks, Benjoshua.

The 25mm Fantasy Encounters line will definitely be as low MSRP-wise as I can make it...the Advanced Fantasy Miniatures line not so much, as I have to factor in the costs of sculpting, molds, etc.

As for your painting, I couldn't paint the yellow on a smiley face. That's some pretty decent stuff you've done....now you just need some Center Stage minis to add to your collection :wink:

Appreciate your post.

Thanks!  I like them, and that's all that matters.  Maybe my thread and Lucy's painting will inspire a few more converts to take the plunge.  8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:37 pm 

Great to see you back, Matt! :)

The Lord of the Eyes looks awesome - a very nice start for your relaunch!

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:08 am 

Matt.

Welcome back!  

The beholder, er, Lord of Eyes looks great.

Best of luck with the relaunch.

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.