Reasonable prices for Necromancer games
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:07 pm 

I've noticed some people on Ebay are selling/auctioning many of the popular Necromancer Games accessories for quite a chunk of change. What would be fair, and not outlandish, prices to buy for these items?

Rappan Athuk Reloaded
City State of the Invincible Overlord
Caverns of Thracia
Vault of Larin Karr
Tome of Horrors I, II, III

Any other hard-to-find items to add as well?

Thanks!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:54 pm 

bamajon1974 wrote:I've noticed some people on Ebay are selling/auctioning many of the popular Necromancer Games accessories for quite a chunk of change. What would be fair, and not outlandish, prices to buy for these items?

Rappan Athuk Reloaded
Caverns of Thracia
Vault of Larin Karr

Thanks!

I've seen Rappan Athuk Reloaded go in the $130 range a couple weeks back
CSIO I think has come down a bit into the $35-40 range
The others I don't know.
Wilderlands of High Fantasy box set is one that's not on your list. I think those are going well over $100 in shrink, less than $100 if opened (I think I saw one for about $90).
Also City of Brass. Those have come way down in price on Ebay and I think you can still get them new from some retail shops.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:55 am 

RAR is very low at the moment, and if they sell for below $150 you're getting a bargain. In terms of products for D&D, it's one of the best to have been published in the past decade. A gap no collector should have if they have the chance to fill it.

CSIO is incredibly under priced, now selling below cover price, less than half where it should be. These should be up at the $80-$100 but are down at $40-$50 at present.

Wilderlands has maintained it's value in the current downturn. It should be selling at around $120 and seems to be doing so quite consistently.

City of Brass remains a turkey shoot, it sells as low as $30 and as high as £80 with no real rhyme or reason. It should probably be priced somewhere in the middle. In reality it's not that great a product; the one most likely to disappoint the buyer.

Thracia is a sub-$10 module, probably costing more to ship and pay fees on than to sell. IIRC I picked up a dozen copies at $3 each a few months back.

Larin Carr is in the $10-20 bracket. It doesn't come up as often as the other NG modules, and is sought after by the NG collectors for that reason.

Abysthor is an often overlooked gem. A little 8 level mega-dungeon in quite a hefty book. Think of it as Rappan Athuk's Little Brother. Sells on the whole between $30 and $50 depending on condition, and well woth that sort of money.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:28 am 

Was recently out of town and I saw two copies of Tome of Horrors at Half Price Books store I had never been in before.

One copy had a thrashed cover, and the other was in very good condition.
Still each copy was the same price; half the cover price...

Saw several other NG products too, all at half cover price.

I did not buy any of them... 8)
They are likely still there if you want to go on the hunt.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:48 am 

All of the above are good recommendations.
If you find D1 Tomb of Abysthor, it's a gem.
Good luck!

Gildor speaks to Frodo: 'Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.'--Tolkien 

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:03 pm 

puterdragon wrote:All of the above are good recommendations.
If you find D1 Tomb of Abysthor, it's a gem.
Good luck!

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Don't need luck.  This has been there for awhile now.  Really good price too.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:49 pm 

I have a similar play copy I keep. Mine's been well read and played in the time it's been out and it's a great read. $20 for a copy with some highlighing is a pretty good deal, especially seeing as some resellers in the US are selling EX/NM copies at $50 and above.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:36 pm 

bamajon1974 wrote:I've noticed some people on Ebay are selling/auctioning many of the popular Necromancer Games accessories for quite a chunk of change. What would be fair, and not outlandish, prices to buy for these items?

Rappan Athuk Reloaded
Caverns of Thracia
Vault of Larin Karr

Thanks!

CSIO $50
Caverns of Thracia $20-25

Has any of the oldest modules been on Ebay in a while?  Mind you I don't watch anything not Judges Guild of theirs.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own