"Donjons et Dragons" by Mathilde Maraninchi
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:00 am 

Hi,

i'm looking for this:

http://myvyrrian.free.fr/DDMaraninchi.html

can someone help me? i know that there exist some copies in PDF, i think the copyright has expired..am i wrong?

thanks to everyone willing to help :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:52 am 

Vault keeper wrote:can someone help me? i know that there exist some copies in PDF, i think the copyright has expired..am i wrong?

Yes, you're wrong :)
Copyright does not exist in France. We have something more efficient published during La convention de Berne, and a translation in French Law protecting any work (even published on internet) during 70 years. So the Maraninchi (very HTF book) is protected until... 2052...
The main problem is that this French translation of D&D (which is actually not a translation considering that the rules have been greatly modified) in 1982 was done without any TSR authorizations... So the book has been removed form all stores only few days after its released date.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:48 am 

And as a general rule of thumb, in the rest of the western world, books are copyrighted for either 40 or 70 years after the death of the author. So this work is unlikely ever to be available legally in PDF form without written consent of the author.

Pirate PDFs and copyright infringement is something we may discuss here, but you're unlikely to find anyone willing to give you stuff or provide links to such materials.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:51 pm 

If you're lucky and very patient, you can find this book on www.ebay.fr or www.PriceMinister.com (frequency is once or twice a year) for ~100 euro.