Looking For A Book With A Zombie Harem Scenario
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:05 pm 

Hello. I was wondering if some one here could help me find something. I'm looking for a book with a particular scenario blurb in. I remember reading a scenario/adventure hook/idea one time that went something like this:

One of the PCs receives a letter that some one they care about has been kidnapped. They and the party investigate, only to find that the person in question has been taken to a harem that specializes in zombie harem girls made to order. This of course puts the party in a position of confronting the necromancer or cleric in charge and finding a way to save their friend, destroying the entire operation, or perhaps taking over the action.

I thought originally that it was in some 2E AD&D book, but after spending a week trolling through my collection I've come up empty handed. I know that this isn't a typical question, but I am hoping that between all of us and the different books we come in contact with we might be able to figure it out.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:35 pm 

khantroll wrote:Hello. I was wondering if some one here could help me find something. I'm looking for a book with a particular scenario blurb in. I remember reading a scenario/adventure hook/idea one time that went something like this:

One of the PCs receives a letter that some one they care about has been kidnapped. They and the party investigate, only to find that the person in question has been taken to a harem that specializes in zombie harem girls made to order. This of course puts the party in a position of confronting the necromancer or cleric in charge and finding a way to save their friend, destroying the entire operation, or perhaps taking over the action.

I thought originally that it was in some 2E AD&D book, but after spending a week trolling through my collection I've come up empty handed. I know that this isn't a typical question, but I am hoping that between all of us and the different books we come in contact with we might be able to figure it out.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Ok, I'll bite despite the poorly hidden clues... Never heard of it, not to say it doesnt exist, but it sounds a bit shite if I'm honest...  :roll:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:15 pm 

Well, let's see, "troll" in the username, and "trolling" in the message, hmmmm...

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:17 pm 

That's my take on it.
A question that should be over on DF, being asked here.
It seems like BS.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:19 pm 

bombadil wrote:Well, let's see, "troll" in the username, and "trolling" in the message, hmmmm...

ahhh, you noticed that too.. sad, eh. Anyone seen the nails recently.  :lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:35 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:That's my take on it.
A question that should be over on DF, being asked here.
It seems like BS.

I don't have a problem with the question being asked here, but I'd agree that inquiring at dragonsfoot.org would be more likely to provide a quick result.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:04 pm 

... and I'd figure anyone with a collection and a search engine would be able to make that same mental leap.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:07 pm 

I12: Egg of the Phoenix has a similar, though not exact, scenario. The zombies made in it are for manual labor or clerical (not the spellcasting type) work... though, pleasure uses would not be impossible.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:39 pm 

Same poster, same question over on Enworld:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rp ... nario.html

Doesnt seem like a question a "troll" would ask to me.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:59 am 

This is the first time I have heard some one actually use the term "troll" in reference to some one asking a question they feel is extraneous. I've heard insults on such a person's intelligence, as well as various unrelated insults, but never an actual accusation of trolling. It is within the confines of the definition, however,  so as it is not an error I can't take issue with it.

I'm also not sure how having a search engine would lead some one to understand that a forum he had only heard of recently would be better suited to trying to find a book he cannot place then a forum that is dedicated to collectors of books of the same genre.

In any case, I only posted the question here because it was suggested for me to do so by one of the individuals at the enworld.org forums. I assumed that he was speaking as some one who had at least participated in this community and that his suggestion was an indication that my question would be accepted. Though, as I'm sure one of you would point out, there is the oft-quoted passage about those that assume.

As to my name, well, it's just a permutation of a real-world nickname: Kontrol (spelling would take some explaining, but it is correct for this instance). However, there is either a very active internet patron with the same name or a bot that uses it, because I found some time ago that it is active in many computer-related forums. As such, I altered it into a form I was unlike to find else where. I just chose to keep using on any forums. Honestly, if my intent was to "troll" I wouldn't give you such an easy shot for jokes.

As to the question being "shite"... well, that depends on the intent of the word. If you mean it as I take it, that the whole question is bollocks, then I can tell you that it is not so. You are welcome to your opinion, however. This is something that stuck in my mind, associated with a desert setting, for some time. Truth be told, given the fact that no one in one of the largest rpg forums nor a group of collectors has ever heard of it, I believe that it must have come from group of small press 3E books that I acquired from friends during 2000-2003 and were destroyed a few years ago. One would assume that if it were anything more widely distributed some one else would have it.

Serleran, I pulled my copy of Egg of the Phoenix. At first the artwork looked familiar, but no dice. I appreciate the suggestion though.

Also, thanks King.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:47 am 

The "shite" comment was aimed at the module storyline, not your question, just to clarify.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:45 am 

sorry, can't say i have come across a storyline like that before in anything i have read....

Al

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:40 am 

If it was intended for D&D, then I am at a loss but I can honestly say there are a few Shadowrun hooks with that sort of plot line, though they do not have "clerics" or "necromancers" in the game.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:18 pm 

Welcome to the Acaeum, Khantrol.  :)  You've narrowly missed having your head nailed to the floor, so that will need to be done at some future date.   :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:19 am 

khantroll wrote:In any case, I only posted the question here because it was suggested for me to do so by one of the individuals at the enworld.org forums. I assumed that he was speaking as some one who had at least participated in this community and that his suggestion was an indication that my question would be accepted.

That was me:  I thought someone else might remember or have heard of such a book, even though it didn't ring any bells to me.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:43 am 

I had thought it was: Pleasure Palace of the Bethumian Demon Whore from XRP, but I don't think so.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:16 am 

grodog wrote:
That was me:  I thought someone else might remember or have heard of such a book, even though it didn't ring any bells to me.

I actually think his question drew considerable consideration and worthwhile thoughts.  I probably would have suggested the same thing. Nobody wears kid gloves around here, so what's new?  8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.