32 mm Minis
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:50 pm 

So my friend had a question about Racham Miniatures

http://www.rackham-e.com/en

They're made out of resin. So are they reliable, fragile, easy to paint?

OH... also...

What's the standard (traditional) sized miniature, 25mm?

(and moreso for me)

When were 28mm mini's introduced.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:02 pm 

Standard right now is 32-35mm.  Rackham traditionally had some of the best casts in the industry but after going broke started doing pre-painted junk.

If they are doing resin they should be nice but very fragile.

Hope that helps :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:02 pm 

I have two or three. A vampire, a buy blacksmith and one other. Vey easily broken, but also easily mended with poly' adhesive. I just don't like the weight in them. Maybe, only having grown up with metal minis has done it. They just feel cheap to me.

Finish detail is good, and they take paint well over a single spray undercoat. Easy to paint graduating shade/colour as you can smooth out imperfections far easier on the resin than on white metal.

Size of some minis, like the blacksmith, is acceptable when playing with 25mm, because a blacksmith could be a big fella, but I'd stick with naturally oversized creatured, or undefined creatires like ghosts, elementals, etc. Skeletons and clearly defined humanoid creatured generally don't cut it if you play 25mm.

Just my 2c based on the three figures I bought a few years back.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:31 pm 

Since someone has mentioned Rackham, I'll ask if there is a market for the older metal Confrontation minis?

Today, I couldn't help myself and bought another huge batch of bulk RPGs and minis.  I think I have around 400 Confrontation blisters (also, 1000+ Reaper blisters, etc but I will ask about those later).

EDIT: have counted now and only have about 300 Confrontation and 800 Reapers.