Frog God Games Makes good - damaged but quickly replaced
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:30 am 

September 22, 2010

Updates on several fronts. First, thanks for your patience on shipping. I have invested in some bomb-proof shipping materials, that should arrive shortly. I expect to ship all back orders Monday or Tuesday next week. Next, I have in my hands (literally) the layout proof of Fane of the fallen (PFRPG version) and Matt has completed the S&W conversion, which Chuck is laying out now. Tsar 5 is also in layout, and should be ready to be posted in a week or so. The Complete S&W Rulebook is in final editing. Rowena has maybe 5 more pieces of art to complete and we will pass that book to Chuck.

Strange Bedfellows is next up, Matt will start the S&W conversion today, and the PFRPG version is ready to go thanks to Skeeter Greene! On the short book front, most of the planned ONS and SNS books are done in one version and awaiting translation into either S&W or PFRPG. Art has been ordered for all of them, and Robert has been cranking out maps. Splinters of Faith 1-4 are all done and edited, interiors done, and maps are done for 1-2. Rick will have the cover done very, very soon.

We are all on track for November releases for most of these as planned, but we have to make sure that Chuck gets some sleep too. We have picked up several writers (new and old), and I think may of you will be quite pleased when you see a few of the names. I will have many new book titles and announcements soon. One hint...does anyone like Viking adventures?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:28 am 

Boxes arrived; thanks again Jason for the supplier lead. I packed about 25 (including the 8 damaged ones) tonight. Plaaq--were yours ok?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:09 pm 

tsathogga wrote:Boxes arrived; thanks again Jason for the supplier lead. I packed about 25 (including the 8 damaged ones) tonight. Plaaq--were yours ok?

Yeah they are okay..I don't need any replacements.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:40 pm 

A huge thank you to Bill (tsathogga)! The new books arrived today and the new packing was tremendous. Thanks so much again, :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:07 am 

The boxes must be pretty impressive. I was on the phone with Bill when he first saw them, and he said, "Okay, let me just get these into the house." Then there's a pause, and "Holy crap, these things must weigh 75 pounds." Then there's another pause and I get, "Okay, hold on, I've got to put the phone down..."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:29 pm 

My replacement copies arrived in perfect condition, swathed in bubble wrap inside a cardboard box.

Just wanted to say thanks for the great customer service

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:49 pm 

Glad it worked out. I bought 500 of those boxes last week--they seemed pretty nuke-proof.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:08 pm 

Hi Bill,

Can you tell us when the cut-off date is for hitting the button for the full bells and whisrtles hardcopy with the 'bonus' material is? Is that the $125 Premium subscription? And do you get PDFs if you go for the Premium Hardback (to save you the wear and tear on reading the hardback)

Cheers,
Ian

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:15 pm 

tsathogga wrote:Glad it worked out. I bought 500 of those boxes last week--they seemed pretty nuke-proof.

Nuke-proof indeed!  Thanks so much for the great products and the great packaging.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:30 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Hi Bill,

Can you tell us when the cut-off date is for hitting the button for the full bells and whisrtles hardcopy with the 'bonus' material is? Is that the $125 Premium subscription? And do you get PDFs if you go for the Premium Hardback (to save you the wear and tear on reading the hardback)

Cheers,
Ian

I saw in the June 2010 news updates that subscriptions close in October of 2010, but no specific date mentioned.

http://www.talesofthefroggod.com/index.php/news

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:57 am 

probably another month or so--its only closing so I can plan printing. 2-3 people are still buying it every week; so i want to hold off as long as I can to support that; but soon (I'll give 30 days notice), I am going to have to cut it off just for cost logistics.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:01 pm 

tsathogga wrote:probably another month or so--its only closing so I can plan printing. 2-3 people are still buying it every week; so i want to hold off as long as I can to support that; but soon (I'll give 30 days notice), I am going to have to cut it off just for cost logistics.

If someone hits the $125 button, does that get you the hardback with all the bells and whistles? And does it include the PDFs? Or is it better to buy the PDFs and then offset them against the hardback? I'm still a little confused about how this works.

I'd like a set of PDFs to read and I'd like the hardback with the extra stuff for my collection.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:02 pm 

Gets you the hardcover and pdfs; not the softcover modules. I only added them because lots of people wanted them.

Shipping is separate.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:03 pm 

That's just the ticket then. It's what I'm after. Now to put the funds aside.
Thanks, Bill.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:04 pm 

I am also trying to figure out a "deal" on the other series--shipping is the hardest part

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:16 pm 

Its been tested!!! The postage cart now works, and should be up (allowing Tsar 1-4 to be ordered easily) by Friday. Thank you all for your patience (especially you Ryan). Books will ship Monday. In other news, Splinters, Fane and Tsar 5 are at the printer. Chuck is layout out the rulebook and Bedfellows. Ursined is next.

I am going to take pre-orders of Fane and Splinters next week, but will not ship until the rulebook ships. Hard to release a book when the rulebook is not out yet. Besides, I want a few surprises about the new rules to be secret for now. I am out of town until Friday, so email etc. will not be accessable until then.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:42 pm 

tsathogga wrote:probably another month or so--its only closing so I can plan printing. 2-3 people are still buying it every week; so i want to hold off as long as I can to support that; but soon (I'll give 30 days notice), I am going to have to cut it off just for cost logistics.

I appreciate the 30 day notice.  I have been thinking about it for a while and still haven't completed decided.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:38 pm 

October 16, 2010

Tsar 1-4 softcover modules are up for sale. Fane, Tsar 5, and Splinters 1-2 are at the printer and should arrive before the end of the month. Final layout of the S&W rulebook and Bedfellows is in process. Look for a "for sale" on all these soon, with shipping of all the new books around November 5. The hardcover limited edition rulebook will be for sale soon as well, but will not likely ship until December.

and Ashmire--yes, deal is fine

PreviousNext