free rpg day 2010
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:10 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Free RPG Day is just a day to get free stuff.  PaizoCon sounds like three days of fun.  You have the better deal.

------------

Benjoshua has priced his items low.  Other sellers *ahem* can't sell their items at a higher price.  For example, here is what one account is selling now.  If this were last year, all of the items would be sold by now.  The top number is Views, and the second number is Watches.  Lots of people checking the pages but not putting it on Watch.

Jason also ruined the BIN on that other auction.  Dammit, Jason.  Just snipe like everyone else.   :)

Beyond the Benjoshua Effect, I wonder if Free RPG Day has finally broken through to the gaming public.  If people now show up at the stores to get their swag, then they don't need to buy from eBay.

Yeah, that was a bit of bin busting, I just want to see what this goes for as a regular auction.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:06 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Benjoshua has priced his items low.

I still made a killing unlike last year where I pretty much broke even.  Plus, I really enjoyed helping out some Acaeum folks who couldn't get their stuff any other way.  But don't see me as some saint; I am profiting.

JohnGaunt wrote:Beyond the Benjoshua Effect, I wonder if Free RPG Day has finally broken through to the gaming public.

I like the term "Benjoshua Effect."  If this helps gamers get more stuff within their budget, then maybe I'm making it easier to get into gaming and making the hobby better all around.  Although, the other side of that is that I'm selling to a lot of collectors who just keep their stuff in poly bags.  Still, I think the good outweighs the bad.

This is the Fourth Annual RPG Day.  I agree that we may have crossed a watershed where people are really getting into it and working to make it to their FLGS early and often.  We may look back and see these years as the good old days when the pickings were good and the competition low.  FREE Comic Book Day this year was madness at a couple of local stores.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 pm 

benjoshua wrote:This is the Fourth Annual RPG Day.  I agree that we may have crossed a watershed where people are really getting into it and working to make it to their FLGS early and often.  We may look back and see these years as the good old days when the pickings were good and the competition low.  FREE Comic Book Day this year was madness at a couple of local stores.

Its about the exact opposite here.  All FLGS stores in my area decided last year and this year that it wasn't worth it and have dropped out of the program.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:39 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I was at PaizoCon all day....totally missed Free RPG Day 2010  :?

And if you're at PaizoCon, you'll be able to pick up the Paizo Free RPG Day book for free, and everyone will be able to buy copies for $5 starting tomorrow, too:

Paizo web site wrote:(PaizoCon attendees will each get a free copy of the module at the show, and, starting Monday morning, everyone will be able to download a FREE PDF or buy a $5 print edition right here at paizo.com, so no need to despair if your store isn't on the Free RPG Day list!)

This per http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/tags/freeRP ... rce=search

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:41 pm 

Mars wrote:Its about the exact opposite here.  All FLGS stores in my area decided last year and this year that it wasn't worth it and have dropped out of the program.

Yep, same here.  The closest stores are between 100 and 200 miles away, in Lawrence and KC (MO---Lawrence's is the only store in the state doing Free RPG Day), or in OK.  Sigh.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:59 pm 

Mars wrote:
Its about the exact opposite here.  All FLGS stores in my area decided last year and this year that it wasn't worth it and have dropped out of the program.

Here, the two FLGS from last year dropped out (as far as I know; they weren't listed on the website) and instead there were two comic book shops participating, though one of the comic book shops has a gaming room/store.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:04 pm 

I know of at least one participating store that wasn't listed on the web-site directory... if I'd known, I would have visited them much sooner :?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:11 am 

Did anyone manage to get a C&C Quick Start? I was not able to obtain one. Damn it.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:40 am 

I am looking for a copy of the Dark Sun module. My local game store ran out before I got in. I do have a copy of the Pathfinder module I could trade if necessary.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:15 pm 

Just an update to the people I mailed out free of charge free rpg day items, your packages went out today. WA, IN, KS and VA each have at least one more item from free rpg day in circulation.

Shameless plug
http://thehopelessgamer.blogspot.com/
(Note, I am not the talent, I am TheBro)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:42 pm 

Hi Chuck---

The CoC module arrived today.  Thank you very much! :D :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Previous