A couple of DragonQuest questions...
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:08 pm 

I got recently a copy of the first edition of DragonQuest. It was in a ziplock bag containing all the first edition box contents plus a copy of the Palace of Ontocle and a copy of the Game Master Screen. My questions are:

1) Were the first edition of DragonQuest sold in a ziplock bag? Perhaps when SPI ran out of boxes? The ziplock bag is surely from the time...

2) How much could a DragonQuest screen being worth? I bought the lot to complete my first edition boxed set and I plan to sell everything else...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:42 pm 

Alexander1968 wrote:1) Were the first edition of DragonQuest sold in a ziplock bag? Perhaps when SPI ran out of boxes?

The first ed was always in box. Unlike some other SPI products like Demon or Deatmaze, dragonquest was never released in ziplock.
(I never saw any copy in ziplock, nor saw any advertising for a ziplock version and it is one of my favorite games :))

Alexander1968 wrote:2) How much could a DragonQuest screen being worth?

Not a lot... I would say 4-5$. I sold two copies for less than that.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:17 pm 

I don't think the 1st Edition was sold in ziplock either - only in a box.  But the boxes are somewhat fragile so they can easily be destroyed.  I don't remember the screen going for more that $10.  Ziplock bags from the time are easy to find.  Crazy Egor seems to have a huge supply of them - he bags just about everything in them - this is a normal practice for a number of resellers.  Titan games also seemed to have an endless supply of old ziplocks and NK has newer ones.

The boxed set is a bit hit and miss.  A lot of them sell cheap (under $10) but some others sell well.  Books by themselves probably won't get you much.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:55 am 

Thanks guys. I think the screen will be in my 'listings with a very high price so buy it only if you really really want it because I'm not that eager to sell it' category  :P  8)