The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 55 of 74123 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 727374
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:00 am 

JasonZavoda wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:If the Assault on Hoth is complete and in decent shape you could make a chunk of that $100 back on it alone. I know I'd be interesetd in anything to do with the Miniatures battles.

Lots of $100 BIN for Hoth but in open auction they generally sell in the $50-$60 range.

Still a great lot!  The Star Wars Saga books are good money too.  Probably for about $800-$900 at a quick glance.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:14 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:19 am 

I was not too sure about these, but the seller (based upon return address) is Gina Kerestan ...

Pacesetter Games - Dwarven Glory - 1st Print #9/100 - Signed by Peter Kerestan  8)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Pacesetter Games - Misty Isles - 1st Print #22/100 - Signed by Peter Kerestan  8)

Bill, can you provide any provenance on these particular copies  :?:   PDT_Armataz_01_15  :?:

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:04 pm 

Wow, those were good prices, considering that they retail for more than that and they are a limited print run.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:07 pm 

PM-Knight wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:I was not too sure about these, but the seller (based upon return address) is Gina Kerestan ...

Pacesetter Games - Dwarven Glory - 1st Print #9/100 - Signed by Peter Kerestan  8)

Pacesetter Games - Misty Isles - 1st Print #22/100 - Signed by Peter Kerestan  8)

Bill, can you provide any provenance on these particular copies  :?:   PDT_Armataz_01_15  :?:

Peter K. was given several complimentary copies. I would guess were among those given to him. Crap, I never even saw these auctions.

edit: Ok, I hit the link. I probably never would have found them... 8O

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:45 am 

So there I was in the local game & comic store, picking up some bags & looking over the 3E selection on the second-hand shelf, when I spy the old box of Dragon mags in the corner.

(which for me, is the equivalent of, say, this old guy comes up to your table in the tavern... or maybe, you come across the wreckage of a caravan with footsteps leading off into the woods...)

... the store owner kindly says, they're yours!  Some dude left them on my doorstep a year ago (lol!), you're the first person to look at them since.

Nothing terribly exciting, like last time, some old Dragons, Dungeons, Polys, but there was a Best of White Dwarf Scenerios, which I'd never connected with despite completing a run of WD to 85 or so.  A triple-F:  Fun Find for Free :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:31 am 

PM-Knight wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:I was not too sure about these, but the seller (based upon return address) is Gina Kerestan ...

umnnn... none of either booklet was ever numbered, at least not when sold at the Convention; Maybe Peter numbered his comp copies....
I also know that Neither booklet had exactly a 100 print run either....
The exact printing data for the NTPRGCon Digest Reprint of The Dwarven Glory : 55 copies - 1st print:  45 copies - 2nd print.
Misty Iles was also limited to just under 100 copies due to a printing company error.

Even so, both of those BINs should easily qualify as grand theft limited edition booklet at those prices.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:43 am 

Those are the Pacesetter versions not the NTRPG versions.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:31 pm 

Mars wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Those are the Pacesetter versions not the NTRPG versions.

Exactly, I posted up a few posts on this.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:28 am 

Mars wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Those are the Pacesetter versions not the NTRPG versions.

AHA!
That explains it...
The title of the two listings
Wee Warriors Misty Isle Texas convention reprint signed by original author

Wee Warriors Dwarven Glory Texas convention reprint signed by original author

were misleading for me with no pictures and ZERO description, other than saying to look at the pictures which are not there.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:27 pm 

Had a good used bookstore weekend.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:03 pm 

Great!!

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:44 pm 

I should say so! Conan and the Shaman's Curse! WOW!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:49 pm 

Oh come on, there are WAY worse Conan/TOR novels than that one!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:41 am 

Matthias wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Oh come on, there are WAY worse Conan/TOR novels than that one!

What part of Chicago did you pick these up at?    :)

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:27 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Any ideas about these two? I like to buy almost any dungeon crawl to read and see how the adventure is put together. The artwork seems good. Don't know how hard to find these really rare.  Is the price reasonable?

Peter Green

It isn't easy being Green

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:02 pm 

Hey Peter, welcome to the Acaeum!  Those appear to be pull-out mods from fairly common Dragon Mags, probably could buy the whole issue for under $5.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:13 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Hey Peter, welcome to the Acaeum!  Those appear to be pull-out mods from fairly common Dragon Mags, probably could buy the whole issue for under $5.

Yes, from issues 57 (Wandering Trees) and 61 (Midas Orb) respectively.  These were from the IDDC contest where submitted modules, some of excellent content, were printed in various dragon magazines. When they are removed they are often sold separately, but as TD said, better just to buy the Dragon mags themselves with the adventures inside.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 55 of 74123 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 727374