The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 54 of 74123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 727374
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:53 pm 

Someone scored a pair of very cool DragonTooth giants:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

It cost the buyer a pretty penny, but they are truly rare miniatures (as opposed to just about every other run-of-the-mill Grenadier or Ral Partha mini listed as "OOP! VERY RARE!" on eBay).

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:32 am 

TheHistorian wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:I actually bought something from T&T!

8O

I know!

I kept seeing listings for the game Agone on ebay, and the cover art looked incredibly appealing.  They I saw that T&T had complete sets of the game for, uh, kinda cheap:

Agone 5 Book RPG Lot (Agone) Multisim Publishing - Agone RPG - RPGs by Game - D&D and RPGs

You can also get the five items individually for a total of $0.06 more, but without the "varying conditions" grade notation (instead all listed as near mint).  I went that route and they did indeed all arrive near mint.  Shipping was more than the books, but I was still in for only about $10 total.  I think I've enjoyed the art enough to be happy with the purchase.  Now I'll have to look and see if the game is actually good and/or there is useful material to mine.

After your post here (and the follow up from others), I figured I'd take a chance and buy the eBay lot they were selling.  I took a chance on the 'varying conditions' but they all came near mint.  A good buy, thanks for pointing it out to us!

~throwi

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:30 pm 

Heritage Dungeon Dwellers, Caverns of Doom boxed set. It's an entire game, D&D on a boardgame scale. At the time it may have been a commercial move, to qualify the product for easier placement (it's not an optional supplement for a class of games or anything complicated like that, it's just a game). Most buyers in the early 1980s probably went straight to using the figures for D&D. Decades later, the whole package looks much like the starter sets for collectible miniatures games, D&D included. Hidden in the flotsam & jetsam of the packing was the beginning of a new genre in gaming, 20 years too early for its time.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:40 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Not an awesome find, but it was a very good price from NobleKnightGames on e-Bay.
Even though I have 3 copies already I could not help myself...
I think I might need professional help........ PDT_Armataz_01_05

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:19 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Not an awesome find, but it was a very good price from NobleKnightGames on e-Bay.

I have over a dozen copies of the D&D Rules Cyclopedia, maybe the therapist will give us a group rate?  :lol:

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:30 pm 

simrion wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
Gnat the Beggar wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I have over a dozen copies of the D&D Rules Cyclopedia, maybe the therapist will give us a group rate?  :lol:

A dozen??? Wow, thought I was doing well with 2 copies.  How about B2, I have 11 copies?  :-)

~throwi

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:15 pm 

I'd been looking for a cheap copy of the original version of Space Marines by Mark Ratner for a number of years.
Just last month I finally managed to snag a 2nd printing for $5. It was poorly listed under books so I was the only bidder:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

The cover art is by David Sutherland. The interior art is by Sutherland and Will McLean.

This version has a few pages on using the rules with Dungeons & Dragons and Metamorphosis Alpha.

Previous Acaeum thread about Space Marines

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:19 pm 

My rarest small press item and a complete print run (for now) :)
Attachment:
DSCN0663.JPG

Thanks to N. Alan Patterson, Mars, and Bill Barsh for bringing this one back to the forefront!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:17 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:My rarest small press item and a complete print run (for now) :)

Nice!  Add another one to originals count.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:16 am 

I prob would have like a bit different version of the cover.. make it look too much like the origional..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:40 am 

beasterbrook wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:I prob would have like a bit different version of the cover.. make it look too much like the origional..

Brette:)

well it is the original cover... the only difference i can perceive is the size of the image compare to the full page... this can be dangerous in case of future sale (tricky to detect original from reprint...)
ciaooo

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:10 am 

The back cover gets the full Pacesetter treatment, no chance of mistaking them from the reverse.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:33 pm 

FWIW: Neither mini's box has a complete set of the minis that are supposed to be in that box set.
In fact all the minis are characters and the larger box is supposed to have all monsters/creatures...
The smaller box is the Halflings set, for which all but 4 of the minis were found between the two boxes.
The larger box included character minis stuffed two to a slot, all from other sets.
Some are painted some are not.

See left side of the picture, just above the mini's open box.
The small tan cards in the picture are Dungeon Tac Cards (Judges Guild)
They are either 2nd or 3rd prints (would need the cover card to know which printing).
The lot included 137 Dungeon Tac Cards with no cover card (a full set would be 140 cards not counting the cover card).

For the amount paid, I think I got a great deal with this lot.
Even incomplete (3 cards short) the Dungeon Tac Cards are worth far more than the price for the entire lot.

I have no clue what the heavy stock card with the PCs is at the top left side of the picture.
It is Blank (white) on the flip side.

The dice are almost all examples of the clear - colored dice recently created and I would be happy to give them away to anyone that wants them.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:51 am 

More a fun find in my collection, but still wondering what it goes to:

A Campaign Map of Northwest Middle-Earth 1989 from I.C.E.  34x22 in size.  Map by Eric Hotz, Concept, Design and Graphics by Pete Fenlon, Art direction by Richard H. Britton.

Wondering also why I have 2 of the same map.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:40 am 

Plaag wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:More a fun find in my collection, but still wondering what it goes to:

A Campaign Map of Northwest Middle-Earth 1989 from I.C.E.  34x22 in size.  Map by Eric Hotz, Concept, Design and Graphics by Pete Fenlon, Art direction by Richard H. Britton.

ShaneG.

Shane, I believe Nogrod is looking for a copy of this if you are interested in selling one of them.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:57 pm 

A Craigslist find...  I'm not a Star Wars collector and I don't play the game but I couldn't pass this lot up.  $100 for everything you see here...

ImageImage

Carpe DM!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm 

Badmike wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
Plaag wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:More a fun find in my collection, but still wondering what it goes to:

ShaneG.

Shane, I believe Nogrod is looking for a copy of this if you are interested in selling one of them.  

Mike B.

I've PMed him to see.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:39 pm 

cdenham wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:A Craigslist find...  I'm not a Star Wars collector and I don't play the game but I couldn't pass this lot up.  $100 for everything you see here...

A very nice find, cdenham! :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 54 of 74123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 727374