The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 48 of 74123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 727374
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:41 am 

Got this in the mail today

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I was afraid that the Geomorphic Wilderness was incomplete. Conversely, there is twice the contents! A unpunched set and a punched set. Awesome!

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:45 pm 

That's the first unpunched set I've seen. In fact, it's only the second set I've seen. Congrads.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:47 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Well, these were fun finds for someone!  Remember when these sold for, um, a LOT more?

Bargains. Particularly on Brotherhood of the Bolt.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:09 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:That's the first unpunched set I've seen. In fact, it's only the second set I've seen. Congrads.

Me too, only the second one I've seen. Actually, the second and third ones :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 am 

lokiwookie wrote:Got this in the mail today

I was afraid that the Geomorphic Wilderness was incomplete. Conversely, there is twice the contents! A unpunched set and a punched set. Awesome!

Hey Gerrard,

I knew it had to be you that I was competing against in the auction! :P
Nice win there. I had forgotten to increase my bid before the auction ended.

Best regards,
Ronald

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:55 am 

And my bid was not very high...  :)  Glad you forgot to increase yours.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:24 pm 

And I received this today. It is the 1st Crimson Cutlass boxed set I've ever seen. Complete, even with original dice (and a tarot game, which is not an original part of the box)

Last edited by lokiwookie on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:22 pm 

I had to look a couple times at the thumbnail, looked like a nondescript JG item to me at first - I'd never seen one :)  Well done, congrats on the win!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:51 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:And I received this today. It is the 1st boxed set I've ever seen. Complete, even with original dice (and a tarot game, which is not an original part of the box)

What a great pick up.. I picked up one is shrink a coueple fo years ago.. only 2 I have seen

edit: complete that is, the writter was selling off just the books (he had spares) 6 odd years ago if I remember correctly

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Last edited by beasterbrook on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:54 pm 

A shrinked one? Wow! The box of this one is damaged but the content is in excellent condition.

I am wondering what the 1979 edition looks like though. If it exists.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:56 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:And I received this today. It is the 1st Crimson Cutlass boxed set I've ever seen. Complete, even with original dice (and a tarot game, which is not an original part of the box)

Never heard of it:  what's the game like/about, Géraud?  (And what tarot set was in it? :D ).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 pm 

Nice pickup Geraud!

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 pm 

grodog wrote:
Never heard of it:  what's the game like/about, Géraud?  (And what tarot set was in it? :D ).

Not an interesting one ;) (only a common deck, but NM!)

It is a piracy/buccaneer and conquistador RPG. First  published in 1979. This edition is the 1989 edition. The books (it includes 3 rulebooks) regularly pop on ebay (once or twice a year, especially books 1 and 2, rarely book 3). The box is never present, nor the dice. It includes 3 sheets of small "cards" to create your own tarot deck.

From RPG encyclopedia:
A swashbuckling RPG using the "Free-style"/"Quick & Dirty" game system. The 1st edition was published in magazine format, while the 2nd edition as a boxed set of three 5"x8" perfect-bound books. Action resolution uses a homemade Spanish tarot deck included with the boxed set. The system has 4 "traits" (Dashing, Cunning, Stout, and Lordly); four backgrounds (Soldier, Commoner, Aristocrat, and Noble); and various skills based on background (fencer, briber, goldsmith, equestrian, etc.). Books 2 and 3 cover scenario design, including extensive tables of randomized storylines and encounters.

Here are 2 reviews:

http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/reviews/rev_5225.html

http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/reviews/rev_3159.html

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:12 pm 

The author has since ran out.  I remember Brett's win and am still kicking myself for not bidding more :)

beasterbrook wrote:
lokiwookie wrote:And I received this today. It is the 1st boxed set I've ever seen. Complete, even with original dice (and a tarot game, which is not an original part of the box)

What a great pick up.. I picked up one is shrink a coueple fo years ago.. only 2 I have seen

edit: complete that is, the writter was selling off just the books (he had spares) 6 odd years ago if I remember correctly

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:16 pm 

Did both of the sets come with cover sheets or just the one?  Also what's the count on number of sheets?

My copy didn't have the cover sheet but the sheets look like they are in the original bag and untouched - this set came with the module so I was thinking maybe it was bought as a combo deal.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:38 pm 

Mars wrote:Did both of the sets come with cover sheets or just the one?  Also what's the count on number of sheets?

Sadly not, only one cover sheet.
10 sheets with 3 hex on each (total of 30 hex).

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:57 am 

TheHistorian wrote:Well, these were fun finds for someone!  
Remember when these sold for, um, a LOT more?

I was quite pleased to get this book (and some others from the same seller) for that price.
And I was willing to go higher for this one if needed.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:59 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Sadly not, only one cover sheet.
10 sheets with 3 hex on each (total of 30 hex).

I am left wondering if all sets were actually sold with a cover sheet or not - I suspect not.

My set is 10 hex sheets and no cover sheet.

Last edited by Mars on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 48 of 74123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 727374