The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 46 of 74123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 727374
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:14 pm 

it was me..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:09 pm 

and i thought i had a search running for linguisia....well i do now.

nice grab brette

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:35 pm 

I actually have no idea what is in this lot.. looked interesting.. will let you know

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:32 am 

Great. ANd if you want to sell (or exchange) some T&T modules.... ;)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:03 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Great. ANd if you want to sell (or exchange) some T&T modules.... ;)

Which T&T modules you looking for, Géraud?  I've got a pile I'm planning to unload, and am still looking for a copy of "La chute d'Arwoor" ;)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:50 pm 

grodog wrote:
Which T&T modules you looking for, Géraud?  I've got a pile I'm planning to unload, and am still looking for a copy of "La chute d'Arwoor" ;)

Actually, the ones included in this lot :) (Mylar's revenge, Trivial Death), and a lot of small press modules (Knights of the Broken Cross, Archives Arcane, the infinite adventure, the Elemental Dungeon, The Mines of Moria, etc.)
I think I am missing a few 1st prints of standard solos (Dargon's Dungeon (the one with the horrible cover's art ) and perhaps Weirworld, but I need to check).

I am still looking for a copy of La Chute d'Arwoor too. A very very HTF Thoan supplement  :x

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:23 am 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

It's been quite a while since I found something that really got me a bit excited.  I always like home brew memorabilia, but this little booklet is a great read.  It not only reminds me of the material we were creating for use in my games in Fl and SC about the same time this was done, but the campaign evolved and grew into an unofficial d&d campaign that survived over 25 years (and apparently is ongoing).  

My favorite part is the critical hit tables on a % die base.  3-5 is brain pierced... you might die, be lobotomized or simply suffer double damage.  Then their are pierced armpits, chunks of leg detached, genitals detached or scalping... which results in 1-4 hp of damage and permanent baldness.  

There is an annual calender, fetes and a Mad God.  

I was planning to start a campaign group in the next week or two and use some of this in a hybrid ad&D/aponion campaign.  

Also, I couldn't find a reference to aponion or aphonion on Acaeum.  Am I guilty of a sloppy search or do some of you have related material stashed away you might share...

Happy collecting everyone!

Pipswich

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:36 am 

I was just trying to explain to my wife how many memories this brings back and was reading the critical hit tables.  I failed to note that there are separate tables for critical hit damage by weapon type.  I remember hours of discussions/arguments about the difference between taking a critical hit from a mace... as opposed to a sword.  Back then, we actually thought about such things and perhaps even took some fruit in the backyard to hack, slash or smash.  In early aphonion a critical hit 1% roll with a blunt weapon crushed your head.  75% death if you were lucky...  25% left you barely alive and really really stupid.  

I think I am going to sleep well tonight.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:33 am 

That's great stuff!  Aphonion is a new one for me although the author's name sounds familiar.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:31 pm 

I did figure out that the cover is misspelled.  It looks like a friend initialed the cover artwork and made the error.  The inside cover info was written by Reynolds and he used the spelling Aphonion.  This is possibly the best home brew publication error I have seen... the name of the campaign world prominently misspelled on the cover, lol.  

Mars, I am shocked this one is new to you, but I bet it's in your searches now!  

Happy hunting all.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:25 pm 

Wow I am sure glad I picked two of these up at Gencon   8O

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:28 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Wow I am sure glad I picked two of these up at Gencon

Insane!  These were selling for $30-$50 a week ago.  I grabbed one for $28+shipping.

How much were they at Gencon?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:30 pm 

Mars wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:Wow I am sure glad I picked two of these up at Gencon

Insane!  These were selling for $30-$50 a week ago.  I grabbed one for $28+shipping.

How much were they at Gencon?

Cover price, $30 bucks, I got one for keeps and one to play

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:12 pm 

I just picked up my weekly comic books and the store I was at had a stack of these at the front counter for cover price.  And its a beta for chrissakes.  What the hell?!?  PDT_Armataz_01_05

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:30 pm 

Nobleknight has them available, $25

(.... but I can't link to it right now, the office computer keeps me blocked from such unsavory sites, lol)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:51 pm 

Here's a link:

http://www.nobleknight.com/productdetai ... 2147910104

Only 2 left.  I couldn't help but pick a couple more up - they have the promo poster for 1 cent too.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:28 pm 

Too bad, no copy left :(

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:59 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:I actually have no idea what is in this lot.. looked interesting.. will let you know

Wow.. what a great lot..

common/not that interesting stuff: Abyss (Pocket Adventure 2) T&T, Barony of Chaos (Dark Realm rpg by Guild of Blades), Interface vol 1 (mag),  Midwest Phoenix (issue 8, club mag, noting interesting in)

Stuff of Interest:

Trivial Death- T&T GM adventure, 1985, game based on Trivial Pursuit (republished by Outlaw press)

The Star of Naril- T&T adventure first published in issues 2,3,6,7 of Sorcerers' Scrolls (zine), 1987

The Keepers of Lingusia, Write up of T&T game world, 1986 (there is an updated book on Lulu)

Mylar's Revenge- T&T adventure, 1986

Daerthog's Legacy-  T&T solo adventure, 1987 (comes with a letter from the writer apoligising for lateness, says one of the first 5 people to have ordered the game ("I never claimed it was a best seller"), made in England

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 46 of 74123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 727374