The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 46 of 74123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 727374
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:50 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Someone got a FANTASTIC deal on this one

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I had never see this version before.
As ever, I was to late....  :roll:

Same seller has a few other interesting items (like a Don't give up the ship at $30 BIN)

dam it ... one to add to the want list..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:39 pm 

Quite a bit less than this has been going for lately:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I love GenCon week on ebay!

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:25 pm 

WoW!!!  8O

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:11 pm 

I received this:

I had never seen them before. Not CoC but Cthulhian related products. Both are dedicated and The King in Yellow is numbered (3/30). They are from 1995. Someone has more informations on these editions?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:05 pm 

Lokiwookie

Those both look really cool...and the price was outstanding.

I would like to read both publications and I think you got a good deal.

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:12 pm 

This lasted about half an hour on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221121234754

Doesn't look like something I would have wanted, but I'm still curious, as it didn't ring any bells.  Anyone have info about it?

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:20 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:This lasted about half an hour on ebay:

Doesn't look like something I would have wanted, but I'm still curious, as it didn't ring any bells.  Anyone have info about it?

Hmm, food/drink stains are now page discoloring.  Sounds plausible to me.  :P

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:53 pm 

It's a home brew, apparently going on for 20+ years...

Aphonion Website

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:29 pm 

That's a great find! I will be very interested by more information about the content. I guess it is new classes for D&D?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:37 pm 

It someone here won this lot

I am very interested in some informations about the T&T modules. A wonderfull lot of small press items. I should have bid more, I was sure that $163 would have been enough :(

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:14 pm 

it was me..

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:09 pm 

and i thought i had a search running for linguisia....well i do now.

nice grab brette

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:35 pm 

I actually have no idea what is in this lot.. looked interesting.. will let you know

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:32 am 

Great. ANd if you want to sell (or exchange) some T&T modules.... ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:03 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Great. ANd if you want to sell (or exchange) some T&T modules.... ;)

Which T&T modules you looking for, Géraud?  I've got a pile I'm planning to unload, and am still looking for a copy of "La chute d'Arwoor" ;)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:50 pm 

grodog wrote:
Which T&T modules you looking for, Géraud?  I've got a pile I'm planning to unload, and am still looking for a copy of "La chute d'Arwoor" ;)

Actually, the ones included in this lot :) (Mylar's revenge, Trivial Death), and a lot of small press modules (Knights of the Broken Cross, Archives Arcane, the infinite adventure, the Elemental Dungeon, The Mines of Moria, etc.)
I think I am missing a few 1st prints of standard solos (Dargon's Dungeon (the one with the horrible cover's art ) and perhaps Weirworld, but I need to check).

I am still looking for a copy of La Chute d'Arwoor too. A very very HTF Thoan supplement  :x

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:23 am 

It's been quite a while since I found something that really got me a bit excited.  I always like home brew memorabilia, but this little booklet is a great read.  It not only reminds me of the material we were creating for use in my games in Fl and SC about the same time this was done, but the campaign evolved and grew into an unofficial d&d campaign that survived over 25 years (and apparently is ongoing).  

My favorite part is the critical hit tables on a % die base.  3-5 is brain pierced... you might die, be lobotomized or simply suffer double damage.  Then their are pierced armpits, chunks of leg detached, genitals detached or scalping... which results in 1-4 hp of damage and permanent baldness.  

There is an annual calender, fetes and a Mad God.  

I was planning to start a campaign group in the next week or two and use some of this in a hybrid ad&D/aponion campaign.  

Also, I couldn't find a reference to aponion or aphonion on Acaeum.  Am I guilty of a sloppy search or do some of you have related material stashed away you might share...

Happy collecting everyone!

Pipswich

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:36 am 

I was just trying to explain to my wife how many memories this brings back and was reading the critical hit tables.  I failed to note that there are separate tables for critical hit damage by weapon type.  I remember hours of discussions/arguments about the difference between taking a critical hit from a mace... as opposed to a sword.  Back then, we actually thought about such things and perhaps even took some fruit in the backyard to hack, slash or smash.  In early aphonion a critical hit 1% roll with a blunt weapon crushed your head.  75% death if you were lucky...  25% left you barely alive and really really stupid.  

I think I am going to sleep well tonight.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 46 of 74123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 727374