The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 39 of 74123 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 727374
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:58 pm 

i've always wanted "Lair of the spider mother" adventure  :(

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:49 pm 

A couple Spawn of Fashan reprints arrived for myself and another Member :)

Coolly, the author has added an introductory page commenting on the fuss created by the Dragon magazine review and the resulting bit of popularity... overall it's not an easy read - I enjoyed reading the details of the setting more than the rules.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:18 pm 

davidc wrote: I enjoyed reading the details of the setting more than the rules.

Would this make you a Fashan victim? ;)

Nice find. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:14 am 

Excellent David! I am wondering if the previous reprints have the blue sticker "limited edition" as well. And the same spiral binding.

smarmy1 wrote:
Would this make you a Fashan victim? ;)

*LOL*  :lol:

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:31 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Just as a note to anybody else who owns a Liar of the Spider Mother; there is a map and an experience point calculation sheet folded and put in the middle of the book, these are loose  8O  and may be easily misplaced.

8O  Not heared of that sheet before. I've had three copies over the years, so I'm particularly interested in it because it has a map on it and hasn't been present in any of the copies I've come accross.

What is the map? Any chance of a scan of this sheet? I only have one double sided map staples into the centre pages of the book, so I'm guessing this mao is a general wilderness area map?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:56 pm 

re: quality of lair of the spider mother

I'm not a huge fan of the adventure (which is why I got rid of the prepub version years ago), but I haven't read it in ages and ages.  So, I'm curious to hear from those of you who've read, played, or run the adventure what you think of it, and whether you think it's worthwhile or not in play/at the table.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:37 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote: 8O  Not heared of that sheet before. I've had three copies over the years, so I'm particularly interested in it because it has a map on it and hasn't been present in any of the copies I've come accross.

What is the map? Any chance of a scan of this sheet? I only have one double sided map staples into the centre pages of the book, so I'm guessing this mao is a general wilderness area map?

Here are the pics, there is actually 3 pages, One of the pages is single sided and the other two are double sided.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 pm 

Okay. I have the map. My copy has the two maps, one on each side of a sheet, unnumbered and staples into the centre spread between pages 24 and 25.

I don't have the tables, and don't think I've ever seen them with anything else either. Certainly not Lord Farrick's Keep either. So, given the source of these products, the other prepub, and the proximity to the original publisher, I'd suggest you may be looking at some form of inhouse or playtest rules for the campaign.

Is there anything in the tables that ties them specifically to lair of the Spider Mother, or more generally the campaign? There is certainly conguency in the printing and cropping from what I see in the photos that make them feel like they belong there. Are they labelled as being by Mercury Games?

Has anyone else hot these tables in their copies?

It's a damn shame we can't compare this material to that of the prepub.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:39 pm 

I'll have to check mine too - I've had 3 copies of Lair too.  I think there are 2 prints so they might have made it into the 2nd print.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:32 pm 

my lair of the spider mother does have the map, but does not have the other two sheets. i will check to the aid of dwarves and see if there is something similar inside.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 pm 

well i checked to the aid of dwarves. at the end of the table of contents there is listed: EXPERIENCE POINT CALCULATION SHEET- INSERT
             MAPS-INSERT

Jeff, i think you have my inserts....or i have your module. i'll bring it to the north texas rpg con so we can compare since i just bought my plane ticket and i'm coming down.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:27 pm 

My Spider has the three pages that appear to be separate pages tucked inside the booklet, two are tables, one is a double sided map:

My copy of Farrick had 4 sheets/8 pages of maps as the centerfold which are undetached, unnumbered but stapled... they appear to be easily detachable.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:04 am 

or maybe you don't have my inserts Jeff.... i'll bring it to ntrpg anyway.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:10 am 

stratochamp wrote:well i checked to the aid of dwarves. at the end of the table of contents there is listed: EXPERIENCE POINT CALCULATION SHEET- INSERT
             MAPS-INSERT

Jeff, i think you have my inserts....or i have your module. i'll bring it to the north texas rpg con so we can compare since i just bought my plane ticket and i'm coming down.

Very cool, glad your coming.  I will bring my copy as well  :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:07 am 

I've been hoping that folks coming to NTX and/or GaryCon might consider bringing some rares for a show and tell session.  Ideally, Doug and Mike might have some glass cases to display titles but that's not worked out the past year or two.  

Anyway, would folks be interested in something like that?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:26 am 

davidc wrote:My Spider has the three pages that appear to be separate pages tucked inside the booklet, two are tables, one is a double sided map:

[ Image ]

My copy of Farrick had 4 sheets/8 pages of maps as the centerfold which are undetached, unnumbered but stapled... they appear to be easily detachable.

Well, that settles it for me.
My copy deffinately has the map sheet stapled into the book.
Lord Faffick's Keep also has its mapsheets stapled into the cenre pages.
I have Maps 1 through 7 and an unlabeled cavern map. Am I missing any? I haven't read this one yet.  :oops:
Maybe a later print of Spider Mother had the map unstapled because they realised people would have to pull it out and they were already including the tables anyhow.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:22 am 

grodog wrote:I've been hoping that folks coming to NTX and/or GaryCon might consider bringing some rares for a show and tell session.  Ideally, Doug and Mike might have some glass cases to display titles but that's not worked out the past year or two.  

Anyway, would folks be interested in something like that?

i brought some rares to gencon a few years ago and it didn't work out as well as i had hoped. they were in one of the display cases at the auction and everyone thought they were going to be coming up for sale.

but yes since i heard Doug brought things for display i thought he would probably like some other rare things to join his so i was planning to bring a few things down...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:06 am 

davidc wrote:A couple Spawn of Fashan reprints arrived for myself and another Member :)

[ Image ]

Coolly, the author has added an introductory page commenting on the fuss created by the Dragon magazine review and the resulting bit of popularity... overall it's not an easy read - I enjoyed reading the details of the setting more than the rules.

wow! how much did the author ask you for this reprint? I assume 50 bucks more or less

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 39 of 74123 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 727374