The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 74123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 727374
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:24 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:So... no one cared or no one noticed?

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Indeed, both were in the package I just received!

I had no interest, no matter how often Stratochamp tries to get me into these fringe items...   :lol:

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:12 am 

NICE!
Totally missed it, otherwise it would have sold for more.
Either to me or to you, but more certainly.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:49 pm 

Not my find, and I'm not truly a collector in the Acaeum sense (my wife might argue with that point, and our "wasted" walls of RPG material).

Anyhow, a colleague of my wife went to a garage sale and picked up a box of RPG stuff because she wants to play D&D with her son. Heather brought home the box so I could look at it, and I was flat out blown away.

The standout items from her $5 purchase:

Tegel Manor
Dark Tower
Glory Hole
Operation Ogre
Caverns of Thracia
Under the Storm Giant's Castle
Greyhawk folio with *perfect* maps

... plus a few random modules, the usual AD&D books, and a box of Ral Partha minis (most stamped around the late 70s).

None of the materials are in prime "collectible" condition, but it is all I can do not to offer her cash on the spot for the Greyhawk maps. But then I'd be depriving a 3rd grader from discovering the glory of Greyhawk, and I think you go to hell for that sort of thing.  

//H

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:02 pm 

Harley Stroh wrote:But then I'd be depriving a 3rd grader from discovering the glory of Greyhawk, and I think you go to hell for that sort of thing.

Those maps were what pulled me into Greyhawk and kept me there when other "worlds" tried their best to drag me away.  That is a fantastic find along with the Tegel Manor (which print?), Dark Tower, and Caverns of Thracia.  You might want to hold on to Under the Storm Giants Castle though.  Might warp the poor kids mind.  :lol:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:11 pm 

Harley,

That is a great find.  Would like to know more the Tegel Manor.

Martin

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:15 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Those maps were what pulled me into Greyhawk and kept me there when other "worlds" tried their best to drag me away.  That is a fantastic find along with the Tegel Manor (which print?), Dark Tower, and Caverns of Thracia.  You might want to hold on to Under the Storm Giants Castle though.  Might warp the poor kids mind.  :lol:

Third printing of Tegel.

Re. Greyhawk maps. Amen. My father helped frame them when I was in 4th grade and they hung on my wall through highschool. I spent years daydreaming about the world.

//H

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:31 pm 

That's the sort of haul a collector dreams about.

The Greyhawk maps were what brought me to Greyhawk.

The pure, raw potential of those maps as opposed to what I already had drawn at the time..... 8O

Darlene created one of the iconic images of gaming in that double world map.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:12 pm 

Harley Stroh wrote:
Third printing of Tegel.

Re. Greyhawk maps. Amen. My father helped frame them when I was in 4th grade and they hung on my wall through highschool. I spent years daydreaming about the world.

//H

congrats on the garage sale pickup.

I know what you mean too on the maps. I tacked mine up on my walls when I was in elementary school, and then later bought another folio just to know I had a pristine version too. PDT_Armataz_01_34

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:54 pm 

Harley Stroh wrote:

//H

I got a set laminated for gaming table use.  The others are folded and safely tucked away.  By far some of the best gaming maps ever!  Love Darlene's work  :D

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:16 pm 

Harley---

If you don't have the GH maps any longer, let me know and I'll be happy to send you a set :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:46 am 

You're the man, Gro. My framed maps went into storage when I went to college, then my parents went through a couple moves. I give the maps equal odds of being in Colorado, Texas or Wyoming.

Drop me a PM with a price and I'll toss in that product we spoke about at NTRPG for your time and kindness.

//H

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:39 pm 

I don't expect this to be of interest to too many folks around here, but this is really tough Cyberpunk zine to find:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

When I'd seen issues 2 and 3 last, I bought them.  So I now have all the copies of each (two) that I've ever seen.  And I'd never even seen a picture of issue 1 before.  Happy win!   :D

(Oh, yeah, the duplicates are of course now available if they're of interest to anyone else.)

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:51 pm 

Oh that interests me.. Still after issue 1.. first one I have seen sold, that will teach me to look closer;) Have tracked down a copy someone has but he won't sell it;)

I believe that I may know someone that will be interested in the extras.. see if I can find his contact details for you..

Brette

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:22 pm 

This seemed low for a complete (with dice!) copy of Witch Hunt:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Anyone have a Tyme Of Darkness to trade so I can complete the set?   :D

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:31 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Anyone have a Tyme Of Darkness to trade so I can complete the set?   :D

Have Tyme of Darkness but still looking for the boxed set :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:17 pm 

There is a long time since I didn't see a copy of the module for sale on ebay.

And very good price on the boxed set. I was very surprised by the final price considering the number of people who are looking for it.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:25 pm 

Not much, but more than I had....

Found these while vacationing in Florida, inside a quaint little place called Sci-Fi City:

Deadlands 10th Anniversary Limited Edition Hardcover (in shrink) [they had about 6 of them]

Kobolds Ate My Baby! Solo #1: The Warlock of the Extremely High Tower of Painful, Mystical Death!

Kobolds Ate My Baby! Solo #2: Necro-Groundhog of the Awfully Dark Graveyard of Excruciating, Arcane Death!

Shadows of Europe (Shadowrun 3rd Edition)

Also picked up a few other things more for board games like some Zombies!!! Clowns and some Munchkin Card Game stuff.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:51 pm 

serleran wrote:Found these while vacationing in Florida, inside a quaint little place called Sci-Fi City:

Isn't Sci-Fi City one of the larger Ebay sellers?  Isn't he the guy who offers free shipping if you buy enough items?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 74123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 727374