The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 23 of 74123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 727374
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:11 am 

stratochamp wrote:nice set of acquisitions Historian. i do not have a Raflan; what year was it published?

Wow, I have something strat doesn't have.  8O

Mine is already filed behind some things I don't feel like moving, so I'll go by ToT's notation of 1994:  http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2171

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:17 am 

stratochamp wrote:nice set of acquisitions Historian. i do not have a Raflan; what year was it published?

That is strange.  I had another extra set of these pass through my hands last year.  I'll keep my eye out for a Raflan.  It seems a bit less common than Casalana.  I really like both of these - started reading one and ended up reading through them both.  There's lots of info in there.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:00 pm 

Kynan is selling a copy... if you want to pay a lot:  http://cgi.ebay.com/290553917563

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:23 am 

TheHistorian wrote:Kynan is selling a copy... if you want to pay a lot:  http://cgi.ebay.com/290553917563

Purchase price was £5.06 on 5/12/06 if that's the same one I think it is. :)

Seller's market, eh?

(Casalana was £5.66).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:35 am 

I have had 3 sets and each have cost less than £15 each.  These generally go unnoticed in auctions and sell cheap - undervalued in my opinion.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:05 pm 

I've picked up a few items lately too:

Didn't realize that the Larry Leeds Combat Matrix came with an info sheet (but happy to have it too).

I have to do some research into Runequest too - to figure out what exactly I picked up.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:51 am 

Nice find there of the Combat Matrix. Mine didn't have the info sheet, so I'll need to make a mental note to amend the listing on Afterglow2. Haven't seen one of those in a few years now.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:11 am 

Didn't have the info sheet as well. Is it possible to get a closer pic/scan to see what it is written? :)

Great find on Advanced Phantasm adventures. I have never seen one before. The same for Bloodchant... I am looking for Bloodbath for a while, without success. Do you have a copy? A picture would be nice!

Too bad that your RQ Reston book is missing the dust jacket :(

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:09 am 

never seen a real copy of Advanced phantasm adventures.
Did you buy it in Japan?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:35 pm 

Just found a couple cool items from my FLGS.  Never heard of either of them but for a few bucks they are neat to just read

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:38 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Just found a couple cool items from my FLGS.  Never heard of either of them but for a few bucks they are neat to just read

Nice!
After your read, if you want to sell the TCT books, I would be interested :D

Heroes is more similar to tabletop game than to real RPG though. Is the map included with your copy? It seems that a lot of copies are missing the map...

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:46 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:
Nice!
After your read, if you want to sell the TCT books, I would be interested :D

Heroes is more similar to tabletop game than to real RPG though. Is the map included with your copy? It seems that a lot of copies are missing the map...

The Heroes does have its map, great John Blanche cover as well :)

Not really for sale though, it will be lost (both figuratively and physically no doubt  :) ) in my collection for the next millenium.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:01 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Just found a couple cool items from my FLGS.  Never heard of either of them but for a few bucks they are neat to just read

I keep asking to help come and sort out their overstock storage but so far they won't let me in ;)  Nice pickups!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:06 pm 

I actually found these mixed in with some old Wargame Magazines.  Must have been in the store for 20+ years misplaced in the wrong section.  Staff did not even know how to ring in the sale the stuff was so old :lol:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:39 am 

In France, the most recent stuff we can find in a local game store is from hmm after 1990  :cry:
I definitely need to live overseas...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:19 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:In France, the most recent stuff we can find in a local game store is from hmm after 1990  :cry:
I definitely need to live overseas...

Here in Calgary we have the fortune of having a store that has been in business since the earliest days of role playing in the early 70's.  The owner of the store bought his 1st print woody off the shelf of his own store!  He actually wrote Gary and Steve about his thoughts of the 2nd edition of Chainmail.

Heaps of older gamers hang out there, it is a virtual mecca of gaming.  When I first moved to Calgary I was spending more every month at this store than I was on my mortgage  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:15 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
Here in Calgary we have the fortune of having a store that has been in business since the earliest days of role playing in the early 70's.  The owner of the store bought his 1st print woody off the shelf of his own store!  He actually wrote Gary and Steve about his thoughts of the 2nd edition of Chainmail.

Heaps of older gamers hang out there, it is a virtual mecca of gaming.  When I first moved to Calgary I was spending more every month at this store than I was on my mortgage  :lol:

The owner's great to deal with, the staff is specialized, and it's the largest RPG store by sq. footage in NA.
I picked up Cloud Kingdom Games' Riddling Unicorn and Lair of the Sphynx (besides some htf TSRs) there.
<happy and grateful>

Gildor speaks to Frodo: 'Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.'--Tolkien 

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:22 am 

I try and support them as much as I can - I must have spent a few thousand dollars through mail order over the years and I am still finding stuff.  I've dropped a couple hundred there this year so far too.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 23 of 74123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 727374