The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:15 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

This would be interesting if someone is still looking for the regular version of the pagan fiction.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:58 am 

xRalphx wrote:Very nice once more Allan  :D

Thanks Ralph :D

xRalphx wrote:Both are still on my wantlist as well I only have the ltd version of Rules of engagement and dark theatres.

I don't know that I knew about DT having a limited edition!  Are the details on the Pagan site?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:19 am 

Per Pagan's site, there's a limited edition of Dark Theatres, but it didn't list a limited version for Rules of Engagement.  Hmmm.  Ralph, can you please confirm the limited version for that one?

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:44 pm 

Rules of Engagement is mentioned on the Pagan site as well : http://www.tccorp.com/site09/tccorp_prod.html?appSession=42767808149984&RecordID=28&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy= but the image used is not correct.

This is what it looks like :

Ltd to 250 pcs, all signed and numbered by John Tynes on the last page. Mine is number 11.

And the Dark Theatres image is correct. That's this one :

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:46 pm 

Gracias mucho!

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:58 am 

I received today the Frontier expansion set for Burros & Banditos RPG. It was the 1st time I see one for sale. Very happy :) (and thanks to smarmy to help me in this transaction). And for a very decent price!

Smarmy1 shipped the Tyr version of Bushido booklets that I won from 1ozzygal in the same package :) That's finally complete my Bushido collection.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:17 am 

You'll have to humour me on this, its not RPG as such, but does take place in a 'dungeon'!  :)

I received Dungeon Bowl this morning, the BloodBowl expansion for just £5, which was the shipping price! Chuffed to mint balls...  :D  :D

Ok, now you can resume normal service...  :oops:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:37 am 

lokiwookie wrote:I received today the Frontier expansion set for Burros & Banditos RPG. It was the 1st time I see one for sale. Very happy :) (and thanks to smarmy to help me in this transaction). And for a very decent price

Can't argue with that price.. I picked up one of thiese years ago I remember.. is it really a rpg or a boardgame?? I remember I couldn't decide..and probably lent towards a boardgame..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:44 am 

Yes, it is borderline between both. The author calls it "Roleplaying game". But a GM is not needed (even if it is better to have one).
It is similar to several Task Force Games rpg, like Musketeer, Heroes of Olympus, etc. or others like Masters of the Universe, etc.
You play a character, there is a scenario, characters can evolve, the roleplaying could be interesting but not compulsory.

I would say a RPBG, a Roleplaying-boardgame? :)

(PS for Mark, the Handbook of arcane artifacts is a 2nd pr)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:48 am 

ashmire13 wrote:I received Dungeon Bowl this morning, the BloodBowl expansion for just £5, which was the shipping price! Chuffed to mint balls...  :D  :D

Very nice price. This is a not easy to find boardgame. I bought one several years back but never played since miniatures are still on prue. Do you plan to play with? I will be interested to know how it runs.

Similarly, does anyone play to Kerrunch?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:46 am 

lokiwookie wrote:
Very nice price. This is a not easy to find boardgame. I bought one several years back but never played since miniatures are still on prue. Do you plan to play with? I will be interested to know how it runs.

Similarly, does anyone play to Kerrunch?

I do plan to. I'm still playing 1st ed on this too (I don't move on much...) so the only difference is I will stick with using the cardboard players rather than the plastic.

Never have been a fan of those really...  

I'm looking for a copy of Kerrunch, but purely on a completion view, so no rush in finding one myself. I've managed to get the 3rd ed board recently, so being bigger, it adds a new dimension to the original passing game!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:27 am 

ashmire13 wrote:I do plan to. I'm still playing 1st ed on this too (I don't move on much...) so the only difference is I will stick with using the cardboard players rather than the plastic.

Why do not use plastic miniatures?
The main problem with plastic miniatures is to put the player numbers on their back :/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:08 am 

lokiwookie wrote:
Why do not use plastic miniatures?
The main problem with plastic miniatures is to put the player numbers on their back :/

That is part of it, but also once they are prone, I found it cluttered the board. Also, I think I probably would have gone for them more, had they been posed i.e throwers, catchers, blockers etc.. more like the metal teams that you can still buy.

Just a personal aversion to plastic figures in this game I guess, not to say they were a bad thing!  8)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:33 pm 

Metal minis are of course better :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:47 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Metal minis are of course better :)

You got that right!  :P

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:32 am 

Just found a copy of Thomas Ryng's "King in Yellow" from Pagan/Armitage House! :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:44 am 

grodog wrote:Just found a copy of Thomas Ryng's "King in Yellow" from Pagan/Armitage House! :D

Have you read the Robert Chambers anthology? It is an absolutely amazing bit of pre-Lovecraft fiction. Chambers was a prolific writer but he wrote popular crap of the most part. The King in Yellow is a major derivation from his usual work and it shows an untapped talent that was never really developed. If he had written half as much as his total output in the King in Yellow style I think we would see just about as many fans of Chambers as we do of Lovecraft.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:55 pm 

Just bought Talisman second edition in a charity shop for £2.
On opening turns out to include the Dungeon, Dragons, and City expansions.

PreviousNext