The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 22 of 74123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 727374
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:11 pm 

Badmike wrote:My local HPB stores would have put $50 each on all of those, and kept those prices for a year, then lowered them by $5.  The local stores have completely forgotten what their name stands for....

Mike B.

Well at least you have HPBs...nothing in NY State even remotely like them.  We have to buy stuff from people like...YOU!  :lol:   Not that that is a bad thing...

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:18 pm 

Buying from Mike is as close to a sure thing as you can get and his prices are very competitive.
And MUCH better than many large scale e-Bay sellers.
Would be better if it did not have to be shipped at all, since no one can control what other folks do.

Luckily I get to pick things from him up in person.... 8)
Just bought a nice stack of stuff from him this past weekend.
FREE pickup... :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:16 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Oh lord...nice one!

Thanks ... last time I checked they had an old RoleMaster Character Folio that appeared unused along with one other RoleMaster item ... probably also in the $6.95 range.  If I was certain that there would be any takers here, I would have picked them up, but I suppose I could check for them again on Wednesday when I stop the local HPB again.

Also, if it makes any difference, I will probably not keep the copy of the MERP 2nd Ed softcover I picked up earlier as I managed a Collector's Edition hardback in near mint condition last year from my local HPB for around $12.50.

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:17 am 

I've pulled together enough non-TSR (mostly) stuff for another group picture!

Acquisition was a mix of ebay, trades here, trades elsewhere, and general scouring of the web.

Some notes:

Warpstone - that's issues 3-10 - anyone have 1-2 they want to part with? :).  I haven't added this much to my WFRP collection in a long time, and with the issues of Hogwash from the last batch of items, I'm nearing completion!

Varanae items - I was scooped on the announcement of finding these, but I was able to get my copies, and let a couple friends know.  In case anyone missed it, Dragons and Monstrum1 seem to still be available at http://www.varanae.com

Mythworld - this is another find direct from a source.  If anyone else would like a copy, PM me and I'll put you in touch.  I forgot to take a pic of the separate modules, but those are available too.

Stark Raving Mad - I may have a shot at actually completing my Pagan collection.  Never would have thought that would happen.

Lands Of Adventure - in some ways, my favorite item in the group.  I bought it largely for the great Bill Willingham cover.  It was NIS (at the original 1983 price!) but I couldn't resist opening it to check out the original dice.  I know the shrink collectors cringe, but I love doing that!

And a little self promotion - I now have spares of Warpstone 7, Casalana, and the Imagine Special that I would trade/sell.  PM me if interested.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:44 am 

Ooh. Tradervale is the gem amongst that lot. And that one looks sweet.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:14 pm 

Nice group pic. :)
TheHistorian wrote:Warpstone - that's issues 3-10 - anyone have 1-2 they want to part with? :).

Not at the prices you paid. ;) I spotted the later auctions before you posted here, then checked back to that seller's history...
Pick up those first two for £50 each and you're doing well, but don't forget #0 while you're at it!

mbassoc2003 wrote:Ooh. Tradervale is the gem amongst that lot. And that one looks sweet.

+1 (not being a CoC completionist!)

TheHistorian wrote:And a little self promotion - I now have spares of Warpstone 7, Casalana, and the Imagine Special that I would trade/sell.  PM me if interested.

#7 is the only relatively common issue in the single digits, thanks to a problem with the printer. The "poor copies" were then given away at cons rather than pulped - perhaps worth a check to see whether you can see any differences between your two before you sell one. ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:50 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Mythworld - this is another find direct from a source.  If anyone else would like a copy, PM me and I'll put you in touch.  I forgot to take a pic of the separate modules, but those are available too.

Did you grab the modules?  I think he was working on an update of the rules too.

I've got a list up here:

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2107

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:56 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:I've pulled together enough non-TSR (mostly) stuff for another group picture!

I definitely love these kind of group pictures! Most of us should do that. I remember some pictures from Mars as well, or in the "who has the biggest one" thread as well (with Bill's RPG wall). Always pleasant to see this :)
Thanks!

I will try to make a picture of my CoC collection.

TheHistorian wrote:Lands Of Adventure - in some ways, my favorite item in the group.  I bought it largely for the great Bill Willingham cover.

The artwork is just perfect. One of my favorite FGU games too.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:35 pm 

Nice photo... lots of goodies!  I like to see collections coming together :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:28 pm 

[quote="faro"]Not at the prices you paid.  I spotted the later auctions before you posted here, then checked back to that seller's history...
Pick up those first two for £50 each and you're doing well, but don't forget #0 while you're at it!
[quote]

Hmm.. The "Special Ed" one.. or am I missing one..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:58 pm 

Nice to see a copy of the Black Seal in there. :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:14 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:Hmm.. The "Special Ed" one.. or am I missing one..

That's about the only issue I own.  I keep hanging on to it thinking I will buy a collection of the others and it will be missing.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:12 pm 

What is The Black Seal? Presume it's not D&Dish.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:27 pm 

Black Seal is CoC stuff..

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:24 pm 

faro wrote:Pick up those first two for £50 each and you're doing well, but don't forget #0 while you're at it!

I'd be happy to even see them up for sale at all, and then worry about price.  The last ones I recall seeing went much lower than I expected.

beasterbrook wrote:Hmm.. The "Special Ed" one.. or am I missing one..

I hope he meant the special, otherwise there's one I don't even know about!

Mars wrote:
That's about the only issue I own.  I keep hanging on to it thinking I will buy a collection of the others and it will be missing.

Nah, sell it to me!

mbassoc2003 wrote:Ooh. Tradervale is the gem amongst that lot. And that one looks sweet.

The Tradervale is indeed nearly perfect.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:32 pm 

last ones did go cheep.. there was a run of them 6 months or so ago 4-5 coppies showed up.. Malcolm is going to be selling his (soon?) issue 1 and 2.. so you might want to ask him;)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:48 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:I'd be happy to even see them up for sale at all, and then worry about price. The last ones I recall seeing went much lower than I expected.

Well, those two have gone for ~£70 each several times, as well. ;)
150 copies was not exactly a large print run.

TheHistorian wrote:I hope he meant the special, otherwise there's one I don't even know about!

Don't worry: no repeat of Imagine #31. Presuming Warpstone #30 ever sees the light of day, that is. :?

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:31 pm 

faro wrote:Don't worry: no repeat of Imagine #31. Presuming Warpstone #30 ever sees the light of day, that is. :?

I have spoken to john recently and he hopes to have it out soon... Hopes..

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 22 of 74123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 727374