The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 74123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 727374
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:34 am 

And you have the Légendes fighting wheel by Philippe Mercier :)
He created this wheel to help during combat without knowing that TSR did the same for AD&D.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:50 pm 

I was able to source these Board Enterprise & Legendquest books from about three different places in just a few weeks and enjoyed putting this assortment togther :)

The rules aren't super interesting, and the scenerios are kinda dull, but I love the old-school artwork on the covers... and the construction-paper-colours are excellent!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:50 am 

I am still surprised that these don't sell for more.  They do have an old school feel.  I should point out there are different prints for those print run completists :)  I see you picked up a few from the Sentry Box.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:05 am 

lokiwookie wrote:And you have the Légendes fighting wheel by Philippe Mercier :)
He created this wheel to help during combat without knowing that TSR did the same for AD&D.

Yes, I have put out it for sale on eBay.fr (a pity they don't use the 'make an offer' option, I always fear asking for too little... or too much  :roll: ).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:58 am 

Mars wrote:I am still surprised that these don't sell for more.  They do have an old school feel.  I should point out there are different prints for those print run completists :)  I see you picked up a few from the Sentry Box.

Thank you for the referral Mark!  

Yes the Sentry Box supplied many of them, about $6 each for the supplements... they must be about out of them now, so maybe the prices will creep up?  There was (is?) a lot on ebay recently for considerably more.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:15 am 

The price are very low, and as Mark, I don't understand why. These are definitely old school in their designs. I really enjoy them too. Very nice display David.
I saw that TFM have a LegendQuest binder for sale. It is the first copy I see of it.

Alexander1968 wrote:
Yes, I have put out it for sale on eBay.fr (a pity they don't use the 'make an offer' option, I always fear asking for too little... or too much  :roll: ).

No more than 12-15€ I guess. The last ones sold for less. 2 prints exist. The differences are the system to fix the wheel, the back of the wheel, and the explanation sheet (glossy or not).

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:11 pm 

Got this in the mail today. I didn't know it exists before seing it on ebay. If anyone have more information about it (release date, and so on):

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:52 pm 

Maybe UK only?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:49 am 

Flying Buffalo certainly seemed to put out a lot of UK only printings around the time, more so than other companies. The UK RPG scene in the 80's was a very different place from the US scene, and had a whole different feel to it.

I just knocked back a T&T collection at a local 'con this weekend, 'cos I don't know anything about it, but there was an orange box (3rd?) and a stack of mono solo adventures. I thnk the guy ended up going home with it for the lack of interest. That looks like a really interesting piece, though, and it's finding the obscure stuff that makes collecting fun as I see it.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:37 am 

yes certainly UK only. As Ian said, there is a lot of UK specific prints for T&T. The weird thing is that I had never see this before and I cannot find any informations through the internet.
Perhaps David (faro)?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:10 pm 

[quote="lokiwookie"]The price are very low, and as Mark, I don't understand why. These are definitely old school in their designs. I really enjoy them too. Very nice display David.
I saw that TFM have a LegendQuest binder for sale. It is the first copy I see of it.

i have a legendquest binder, so his copy is not unique.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:43 pm 

Nicee little LegendQuest starter set here for someone, especially if you're in the UK.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:33 am 

Today - on return trip from Seattle with wife and kids....

Stopped in Tacoma Half Price Books...

NO QUARTER magazine by Privateer Press.  Issues 1-22 for $0.99 each.  All in excellent condition.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:36 am 

FormCritic wrote:NO QUARTER magazine by Privateer Press.  Issues 1-22 for $0.99 each.  All in excellent condition.

Are these worthwhile?  I have passed them by a few times now mainly because I think they are mainly miniature based magazines.  Any RPG content?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:50 am 

NO QUARTER is a lot like WHITE DWARF in their focus on miniatures wargaming and hawking of their own miniatures line.

Privateer Press is also the publisher of the Iron Kingdoms D&D 3.5 campaign setting...the Witchfire trilogy, Five Fingers Port of Deceit and related items.

The earlier issues include D&D related articles.  Issue #3, for instance, has the cover art from the Witchfire hardback on its cover.

Iissue #22 is purely miniatures oriented

I was happy to get the entire early run of the magazine (2005-January 2009)  for a reachable price...which included a 10% discount.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:01 pm 

Just got in a DCC#30 tournament edition boxed set and the thing is amazing.

Same adventure as the plain book though there is a very slight difference between the two books (one is a different shade of light blue and the 9000 portion of the isbn number is a different size).

Nice to get the 30.5 adventure though it would have been nicer with its own cover like the DCC#35 modules had.

The miniatures are amazing. That Dragon/Ettin thing is huge. This has to be one of the snazziest boxed sets I've ever seen.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:45 pm 

Hit one of my local Half Price Boos recently ... found a minor haul:

ICE #8000 MERP 2nd Ed softcover w/couple of creases in front cover
ICE #8006 MERP Treasures of Middle Earth softcover slightly worn spine and a staple in front cover [easily removed]
ICE #2003 Middle Earth Campaign Guide near mint w/o poster map
ICE #2210 Middle Earth Adventure Guidebook II near mint w/o poster map
ICE #8060 Erech and the Paths of the Dead near mint
ICE #8113 The Necromancer's Lieutenant near mint
ICE #8203 Calenhad A Beacon of Gondor near mint

All items at $6.95 each ...

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:54 am 

WereSteve wrote:Hit one of my local Half Price Boos recently ... found a minor haul:

ICE #8000 MERP 2nd Ed softcover w/couple of creases in front cover
ICE #8006 MERP Treasures of Middle Earth softcover slightly worn spine and a staple in front cover [easily removed]
ICE #2003 Middle Earth Campaign Guide near mint w/o poster map
ICE #2210 Middle Earth Adventure Guidebook II near mint w/o poster map
ICE #8060 Erech and the Paths of the Dead near mint
ICE #8113 The Necromancer's Lieutenant near mint
ICE #8203 Calenhad A Beacon of Gondor near mint

All items at $6.95 each ...

Oh lord...nice one!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 74123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 727374