The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 20 of 74123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 727374
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:49 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:I received the Dundracon Artifact cards today with the blue cover. It is the first time I saw one for sale on ebay (at least these last years).
For a decent price.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

The only other copy I have seen with the blue cover is the one Christophe won (probably 8 years ago).  I picked it up in his selloff - probably paid a bit more than you too.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:57 pm 

Very nice find Géraud!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:29 am 

I am very pleased considering the final price. I was surprised.

Mars wrote:
The only other copy I have seen with the blue cover is the one Christophe won (probably 8 years ago).  I picked it up in his selloff - probably paid a bit more than you too.

How many sheets there is? 5?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:37 am 

Yep. 25 artifact cards plus the cover card and instruction card, making 27 total. Is that what you'd get if you cut them out?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:42 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Yep. 25 artifact cards plus the cover card and instruction card, making 27 total. Is that what you'd get if you cut them out?

Yes, I was wondering if my copy has the correct number of sheets (5 so 25 cards) and so if the number of artifact cards has changed between this print and the white one or not. I have 5 sheets so it is the same.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:27 am 

Mine is the pre-cut set. I have 25 cards, plus instruction and cover card, so 27 total all in a little ziplock. What I don't hve is the cover sheet. Anything on the back of the coversheet? Any rear cover sheet or adverts for other products?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:33 am 

Actually, the back cover of the cover sheet is the "How to use these cards". Nothing more than on the pre-cut version.

Here is some pics to compare.

1st print, blue cover sheet:

2nd print? precut version

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:38 pm 

Not a GREAT price, but a rare find nonetheless...

I have gone through perhaps 12 copies of Dark Tower and only once had a 1st print and it was totally ragged out.
IIRC: I traded that copy several years ago for a piece of bubble gum, or perhaps it was a slurpee...  :lol:

The Seller has been listing a lot of collectables lately and you never know what yer gonna get.
The seller never gives a detailed description and often uses stock photos from someone/somewhere else (Perhaps here, perhaps elsewhere).
This one was the real deal though...

It is a first print too.
Listing says it is NM.
IMO it aint near mint, but it is close to it.

This one has 2 small stains on rear cover, normal shelf wear.... the outside corners are slightly dinged too, with a small bent corner on front cover (top right).
No writing, no highlighting, no rips, no tears, no dog-earred pages...
Inside pages are NM, even if the cover is not.
No rust either (inside or outside) and the cover is solidly attached to the staples (Many of these books have loose covers, like Inferno)

It is easily the nicest copy (any printing) of Dark Tower I have ever owned.
This makes one less item to find for my Judges Guild collection.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:45 pm 

I picked up a lot of Judges Guild stuff locally and when I got home I found this mixed in with it:

I noticed that Noble Knight had a copy that seems like a later version.  Was wondering if anyone here picked it up back in 2006?  It was called Red Fang Castle.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:53 pm 

Very Nice find!

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:15 pm 

Wow! Early module! Great find. CanGames is a tournament in Canada?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:27 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Wow! Early module! Great find. CanGames is a tournament in Canada?

Yes, CanGames started in 1977 and is still going:

http://cangames.ca/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:37 pm 

Nice pick up, Mark: new to me.
Mars wrote:I noticed that Noble Knight had a copy that seems like a later version.  Was wondering if anyone here picked it up back in 2006?  It was called Red Fang Castle.

Both that and House of the Oracle sold within one day at $95 each, I see: someone knew what they were looking for... (That would've been around the time Aaron's "unusual item" prices started to rise, no?)
Is it possible that's typoed since both are "1979 tourney, published 1980"?

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:04 pm 

faro wrote:Is it possible that's typoed since both are "1979 tourney, published 1980"?

It's possible but Aaron's description of the item sounds like his copy was a bit more polished.  

"Module is 28 loose-leaf pages with front and back semi-professional covers, the former featuring artwork."

My copy is 28 pages but obviously stapled and I don't think I would call the covers "semi-professional".

My guess is that I have one sold in 1978 in original format and then it was maybe used again in 1979 and sold in 1980 with a more polished presentation.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:07 pm 

Nice snag, Mars.  Just once I would like to find something like that.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:48 pm 

Mars wrote:I picked up a lot of Judges Guild stuff locally and when I got home I found this mixed in with it:

[ Image ]

I noticed that Noble Knight had a copy that seems like a later version.  Was wondering if anyone here picked it up back in 2006?  It was called Red Fang Castle.

Very cool!!!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:07 am 

Mars wrote:My guess is that I have one sold in 1978 in original format and then it was maybe used again in 1979 and sold in 1980 with a more polished presentation.

Which would kinda mirror Tsojconth (played as a tourney in 1976, sold 1977/78 in "professional" format but still also played at the con in those latter years), save that the original format was apparently sold in your case. Don't recall seeing that mentioned in A&E or elsewhere but I needed to do a more through cross-referencing one of these days...

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:21 am 

I bought stock from a bankrupt Italian distributor (that bought stock from another bankrupt Italian distributor in 2000...) and this is what I got:

Photo 1: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28697569@N ... otostream/

Photo 2: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28697569@N ... otostream/

Photo 3: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28697569@N ... otostream/

Just taking photos of this stuff and preparing it for sale (excluding something for the collection of course  :P ) took days, I haven't finished yet! The biggest finds were Don't Give Up the Ship, Monsters Galore, Amberzine, Corum...

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 20 of 74123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 727374