The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 14 of 74123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 727374
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:01 pm 

I thought, I was wrong :)

Actually, price on non-TSR items dropped considerably these last months and even if 2-3 years before it would have easily been sold for over $200, currently this is not a cheap price for it.

If we look to the last uncommon/rare non-TSR items sold recently, we can see that prices are rather low. Starstone for 27£ (and I was second bidder after another French guy who bid on it without really knowing it), Carnival In Windermere for 42£, and so on. I am not sure prices will rise again to what they were 1-2 years before.

So I was thinking that $122 will be enough... I should have bid more, but perhaps his bid was highly over $123.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:44 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Actually, price on non-TSR items dropped considerably these last months and even if 2-3 years before it would have easily been sold for over $200, currently this is not a cheap price for it.

True.  But still quite surprised it didnt fetch more considering how rarely it comes up on Ebay.

lokiwookie wrote:If we look to the last uncommon/rare non-TSR items sold recently, we can see that prices are rather low. Starstone for 27£ (and I was second bidder after another French guy who bid on it without really knowing it), Carnival In Windermere for 42£, and so on. I am not sure prices will rise again to what they were 1-2 years before.

Neither one of these items were listed in the "Interesting Items" thread.  If they had been, I think at least Starstone might have pulled in a higher price.  It is always coming up on people's wishlists.  If I had known about it I would have bid on it just to see if I could get a nicer copy than the one I have.

lokiwookie wrote:So I was thinking that $122 will be enough... I should have bid more, but perhaps his bid was highly over $123.

I toyed about with the idea of tossing in a bid of about $160 (I came in fourth with my token bid of 88 bucks) but decided not to after buying a few of Al's items and finding another auction for something I want more than a Valla.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:00 pm 

I was going to drop a bigger bid but had to go out and forgot to place it at - the troubles of manual sniping.

Also, the same seller as the Carnival in Windermere sold a Bavenlon for a good price.  I usually put the Quicksilver Fantasies stuff in at around $65 each so 42 pounds is pretty close.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:41 pm 

I was the winning bidder on the Tombs of Valla.   8)  Given how seldom it comes up on eBay, I am pretty happy with the price.  I also picked up the Carnival in Windermere, but was outbid on the Bavenlon (which nevertheless went to a good Acaeum home).

And King is correct, this is my second Tombs of Valla . . . but I needed a second copy.  Why?  Stay tuned . . . more may be revealed in time . . . .

Now, if anyone happens to have a City of Valla lying around, PM me, and I'll make an offer so I can complete the set.   :D

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:09 am 

Bracton wrote:INow, if anyone happens to have a City of Valla lying around, PM me, and I'll make an offer so I can complete the set.   :D

I'm glad it went to a good home.  Are there two prints of Tombs of Valla?  Do you have both prints of Notnaidag Robber Headquarters?  City of Valla seems to be the hardest one to find.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 am 

Mars wrote:I'm glad it went to a good home.  Are there two prints of Tombs of Valla?  Do you have both prints of Notnaidag Robber Headquarters?  City of Valla seems to be the hardest one to find.

Sigh . . .  No, I need a Notnaidag Robber Headquarters as well.  And now that I know there are two prints . . . no . . . must resist . . .   :lol:  But if you do have an extra Notnaidag, Mark, let me know.  :D

As far as I know, there is only one print of Tombs.  The one I have doesn't indicate any printing, at least.  I'll post if the one I just picked up is any different.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:05 am 

Now I'm still wondering why you need two copies of Tombs of Valla.

I have two different prints of Notnaidag but 1 is missing the map (and has a different map code colour scheme) - its tough to find someone to get a scan of the map.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:38 am 

wow tombs of valla is worth $200??!! now then now then *rubs hands together*

for that, i might even part with mine :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:04 am 

killjoy32 wrote:wow tombs of valla is worth $200??!! now then now then *rubs hands together*

I offer my $122 for it  :twisted:

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:12 am 

killjoy32 wrote:wow tombs of valla is worth $200??!! now then now then *rubs hands together*

Al

It's a really sweet item and a gap in most collector's inventory. Very hard to track down. It was one of my favourites.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:59 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:It's a really sweet item and a gap in most collector's inventory. Very hard to track down. It was one of my favourites.

the one i got, i got by pure fluke and its in really nice condition (as prufrock will also confirm as he got to see it as i had it shipped there).....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:39 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
the one i got, i got by pure fluke and its in really nice condition (as prufrock will also confirm as he got to see it as i had it shipped there).....

Al

Ten dollars or so IIRC?  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:51 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Ten dollars or so IIRC?  :wink:

i think it was almost 20 :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:37 pm 

*looks around*

Um, I guess nobody else noticed this?

** expired/removed eBay auction **

That's a heck of a lot less than I thought it would go for.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:42 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:That's a heck of a lot less than I thought it would go for.

You've been on a hot streak lately - making the rest of us look bad :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:50 pm 

Indeed... didn't notice it... I would have bid on it  :roll:
Excellent price!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:14 pm 

Well, it finally happened... I found Pegasus #1. I bought it. $20.

Has not arrived yet, but I should be able to say I finally completed those damn things soon....

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:08 pm 

serleran wrote:Well, it finally happened... I found Pegasus #1. I bought it. $20.

Has not arrived yet, but I should be able to say I finally completed those damn things soon....

Congrats.

Have seen the various Judges Guild magazines really selling these past few months.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 14 of 74123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 727374