The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:26 pm 

I received a copy of Bifrost Vol 1. today, bought from T&T for 14.99$! I am very happy for that price, even if the booklet has been slightly damaged during shipping.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:58 pm 

Well, its neat to me...

Castle Keepers Guide for C&C by Troll Lord Games. Its the digest version but smaller, and Steve said the one I got was a "test" version. Still has all the content, just physically different. I guess that makes it a "pre-publish."

Oh, and that does mean the "vaporware" book is real. They're waiting on the better binder to make the hardcovers.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:50 pm 

Have a look,

Nice item for any collector (especially if you like french).  :)

Dungeon Street

(Definitely not new!)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:08 pm 

I was just doing an inventory of my Grenadier boxsets yesterday when I opened up an old one and found one of the limited Gold Plated minis. :)   If anybody recalls these were promos stuffed into the Gold Line mini box sets as sort of chase minis.  Very hard to come by and can be expensive.  Cool to finally own one.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:30 pm 

"...and found one of the limited Gold Plated minis."

Nice! Is it the orc or the wizard? Either way, very cool to uncover an overlooked treasure.

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:33 am 

TollHouseGolem wrote:"...and found one of the limited Gold Plated minis."

Nice! Is it the orc or the wizard? Either way, very cool to uncover an overlooked treasure.

It was the orc :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:04 am 

Despite the price I'm happy to have picked up these Cthulhu items :

* http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

* http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Anyone know how many of the Death in Dunwich books were signed and numbered ?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:02 am 

Been up for a little while those.. first time I have seen em to be honest..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:48 am 

Blackmoor wrote:I was just doing an inventory of my Grenadier boxsets yesterday when I opened up an old one and found one of the limited Gold Plated minis. :)   If anybody recalls these were promos stuffed into the Gold Line mini box sets as sort of chase minis.  Very hard to come by and can be expensive.  Cool to finally own one.

I have all of the boxes in shrink so I will never know.......mind you I'll never know if they have turned into powder either  :D

I GOT A 4!!!

Last edited by Cushionsnbeans on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:48 am 

xRalphx wrote:Despite the price I'm happy to have picked up these Cthulhu items :

** expired/removed eBay auction **

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Anyone know how many of the Death in Dunwich books were signed and numbered ?

If you're happy, that's great, but the price seems awfully high to me.  Actually, all his CoC stuff is at a huge premium.

These are definitely an oddity, but what's the value of signatures from obscure people?

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:23 pm 

This is the first time I see all those signed too. Didn't know some were signed. They seems to be highly overpriced. However, a decent price is a price which satisfied you, and since you seems to be happy, it is a decent price :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:06 pm 

Cthulhu stuff in general isn't going very cheap in my opinion. Or maybe I'm just missing all the cool auctions  :P

But I totally agree the price was high.

That shopping urge is just too hard to handle at times  :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:45 pm 

xRalphx wrote:Cthulhu stuff in general isn't going very cheap in my opinion. Or maybe I'm just missing all the cool auctions  :P

But I totally agree the price was high.

That shopping urge is just too hard to handle at times  :wink:

The signed items you got are definitely something different, but most of that seller's listings are very high.

I've built up a CoC collection over the last year or so, and I definitely didn't pay $25-50 each for the novels (more like <$10) or $60+ for TOME/Triad/Pagan material.  I think the only thing I couldn't find cheaply was HotOE, some of the early box sets,  and maybe a couple of the limited hardcovers.  $100 for Grace Under Pressure, really?  I think I paid like $8.

Core CoC items with big value (let's say $50+), from what I've seen:

CoC 1E box
HotOE
TUO 2
the rarest Pagan items (CM, SRM, ToT, MToT, KC, WC)
CoC 25th hc
CoC 20th hc
Walker In The Wastes
Golden Dawn
Delta Green: Countdown

And I bet if I check my notes I got a couple of those for <$50 too.

Now, all that being said, I think CoC has held value a lot better than many other things, but it's still down, just like everything else.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:10 am 

Thanks a lot for these insights!

I'm sure there are nice deals to be found. $8 for Grace under Pressure is very nice.

I tend to buy in lots mostly just to offset the shipping a bit. I was able to get my collection started from a guy who sold basically his complete collection. Except for the very rare pagan stuff that I couldn't afford at the time.

Pagan stuff I was able to buy at coverprice mostly. Except for the zine-like publications of course.

Some of the items you mention there I was also able to get below $50. Just have to get lucky some times  :P

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:51 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Core CoC items with big value (let's say $50+), from what I've seen:

CoC 1E box
HotOE
TUO 2
the rarest Pagan items (CM, SRM, ToT, MToT, KC, WC)
CoC 25th hc
CoC 20th hc
Walker In The Wastes
Golden Dawn
Delta Green: Countdown

The Players aid kit too (Walker in the wastes Player's aid kit, and Realm of shadow PAK). Last ones sold for more than $100 IIRC

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:51 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:
The Players aid kit too (Walker in the wastes Player's aid kit, and Realm of shadow PAK). Last ones sold for more than $100 IIRC

Yes, I definitely should have listed those.  Lurking Fears (Triad) has a handout pack too; it would also be on the list.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:55 pm 

Now that was one of those lucky cases. The Lurking fears handout pack I just got included with the book without extra charge  :D

What about those Pagan Sosostris, Broadalbin, and ambrose books ? Any price indication on those ? I've never even seen those.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:02 pm 

xRalphx wrote:Now that was one of those lucky cases. The Lurking fears handout pack I just got included with the book without extra charge  :D

What about those Pagan Sosostris, Broadalbin, and ambrose books ? Any price indication on those ? I've never even seen those.

I'd agree - rare and thus pricey.

But it's not gaming material either - they're novels/plays.  So it doesn't even make my cut for wanting it in the first place.  :)

PreviousNext