The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:24 pm 

Congrats on the completion and looks like you have pretty stellar condition throughout.

No looking for upgrades, that's a real Complete!

Great Job!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:41 am 

I finally found a copy: rubbed my sleepy eyes in disbelief, confirmed it was real, then clicked 'buy'.  :)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:15 pm 

That looks really cool, congrats!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:20 am 

VancianMagic wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:I finally found a copy: rubbed my sleepy eyes in disbelief, confirmed it was real, then clicked 'buy'.  :)

This is my want list since ages... Congrats!!!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:43 pm 

This is not a finding i did... But it deserves an answer:

The question is rather obvious: why on earth two reprints (made in any case in the early days!), went for such a high price? Nearly 200 per item!?!
Do i miss anything?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:18 am 

they weren't reprints, just double issues

there were a couple of auctions for this seller that I bid on.. I though I had over bid just to make sure that I won them.. but even then I was only half the end bids.. looks like 2 people bid insane amount of money to win.. its only money..

Bazinga!

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:26 am 

Hey Brette, sorry: they are double issues. But given this detail, the question doesnt change... Why are they worth so much?!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:53 am 

two people obviously thought so.. and that's all it takes on ebay;)

I didn't bid this high.. and I thought I overbid on them at what I did

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:11 pm 

Via E-Bay managed to snag myself a Kobold Press Kickstarter exclusive (Southlands, $200 pledge level booklet). Big fan of Midgard setting, so this was neat to see in the wild.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:32 am 

Ka Bala (Transogram, 1967), a fortune-telling game that's a mashup of every occult tradition its makers could stuff in:
ka-bala game - lost & found vintage toys

In the photo of the instructions below, parts of the game board are labeled "Astral Plane #1," "Astral Plane #2," & "Astral Plane #3."
https://friendlyghost.typepad.com/.a/6a ... 26f970d-pi
It resembles the planes of existence shown in the Players Handbook or Deities & Demigods. Both the game & AD&D's planes diagrams are combinations of various mythologies, all arranged in circular geometric patterns.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:07 am 

Punktown popped up at NKG a few days ago and I grabbed it immediately.

I missed this Kickstarter project, which then went totally off the rails. Fewer than 200 print copies pledged for, some still haven't been delivered, and some refunds were given over the years, so maybe only about 150 actual copies. It's possible this might eventually show up as a POD at DTRPG, but at this point I'm skeptical, so I was a very happy buyer at $25!

Some of these short run items, especially the ones that have problems, will be really tough to find down the road. Kind of the modern equivalent of third party items from the 80s that we hunt for now. Another CoC item in this category is Red Eye Of Azathoth. I got the last extra from the author a few years ago, and I don't think I've seen one available since.

Attachment:
punktown.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Last edited by TheHistorian on Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:20 pm 

Happy Halloween! Thought some here may find this interesting. This box was beat up bad, I counted at least three separate tape jobs to try to maintain this thing. At some point someone replaced a missing section with part of a orcs of the severed hand box. Talk about Frankenstein-ing!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:47 pm 

That's awesome!  I understand 100% - you want your box, you're missing a piece.. but you have a patch and some tape.  #relatable :) :)

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:11 pm 

Clancy wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:At some point someone replaced a missing section with part of a orcs of the severed hand box.

The medicine of the orcs is harsh but effective.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:32 am 

Happy to find this one:

First Border Patrol, The - Fantasy RPG - Noble Knight Games

Actually i never actively looked for it, but when i found it at NK at such a resonable price, i had no doubts!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:28 pm 

Officially one of my more unusual rpgs.  I picked it up from a member here years ago and promptly misplaced it.  So I guess it's new to me :)    The  game company has gone on to bigger and better, I'm not sure if they produced other rpg titles?  This is kind of a board-game and rpg combo in an old-west setting.

Attachment:
IMG_5963.jpg

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:44 pm 

sauromatian wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
The medicine of the orcs is harsh but effective.

and possibly prevents lead rot ?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:12 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Officially one of my more unusual rpgs.  I picked it up from a member here years ago and promptly misplaced it.  So I guess it's new to me :)    The  game company has gone on to bigger and better, I'm not sure if they produced other rpg titles?  This is kind of a board-game and rpg combo in an old-west setting.

I think I remember seeing an Ad for that or something of the sort. Very cool!

Guess someone eventually did a really good rootin' tootin' shoot 'em up rpg with a fantasy element to it. Always felt like that was The Cool Setting that didn't really happen when I played. A bit of "Sukiyaki Western Django" vs "The Valley of Gwangi" vs you name it.

'Haaalp Bones Ranger! Mystics have sent spirits to possess our hog farms.

The Medieval setting obviously had Monty Python, so of course D&D would thrive. Couldn't Blazing Saddles have been enough for an Old West one?

Incorrect estimation on my part

PreviousNext