The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 69 of 74123 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 727374
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:50 am 

grodog wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
So are the Goodman Games 1e module conversions particularly rare these days?  If so, any in particular?

Allan.

Apologies for the uneducated question: which of the modules listed in that page are 1E? I am not aware of 1E DCC in the last years... i knowledge stops at 2007/2008 (saga of the witch queen and golden auroch...)

ciaoo

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:44 am 

Here are the 1st Ed DCC Adventures that I could find:

12.5 The Iron Crypt of the Heretics - Released in limited quantities at Gen Con 2006
Saga of the Witch Queen - Combination of DCC #17, a new module, and DCC #17.5 - Released at Gen Con 2007
The Golden Auroch / Tower of the Black Pearl - Two adventures formatted as a "flip book" - Released at Gen Con 2008
Saga of the Rat King - Combination of DCC #1 and DCC #27 - Released at Gen Con 2008
36 Talons of the Horned King - Released at Gen Con 2009
7 The Secret of Smuggler's Cove - Published by Black Blade Publishing

I gathered this information here: List of Dungeon Crawl Classics modules - Wikipedia

The Saga of the Witch Queen sold recently on eBay for $85 and is arguably the most valuable of the lot.  Most of the others sell for $10 to $20.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:52 pm 

Thanks for the list! Thats what i knew as well... Now the question is that i didnt find any of those titles in the list of the warehouse finding... Is there any 1E module which doesnt belong to the above list?

A side comment: happy to have a spare saga of the witch queen! Sooner or later i must find the time to post it for trade...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:07 am 

red_bus wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:What happened to the box?

That looks like moisture damage to me.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:34 pm 

Picked up a nice limited Pagan Publishing book I didn't already have:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:06 pm 

benjoshua wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Here are the 1st Ed DCC Adventures that I could find:

12.5 The Iron Crypt of the Heretics - Released in limited quantities at Gen Con 2006
Saga of the Witch Queen - Combination of DCC #17, a new module, and DCC #17.5 - Released at Gen Con 2007
The Golden Auroch / Tower of the Black Pearl - Two adventures formatted as a "flip book" - Released at Gen Con 2008
Saga of the Rat King - Combination of DCC #1 and DCC #27 - Released at Gen Con 2008
36 Talons of the Horned King - Released at Gen Con 2009
7 The Secret of Smuggler's Cove - Published by Black Blade Publishing

I gathered this information here: List of Dungeon Crawl Classics modules - Wikipedia

The Saga of the Witch Queen sold recently on eBay for $85 and is arguably the most valuable of the lot.  Most of the others sell for $10 to $20.

There are two versions of Saga of the Witch Queen. It was re-released as a 2015 NTRPG exclusive. I have them all listed here: Dungeon Crawl Classics Archive

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:12 pm 

grodog wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Picked up a nice limited Pagan Publishing book I didn't already have:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Allan.

Nice! If they're going to botch the title that badly...

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:40 pm 

TheHistorian wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
Nice! If they're going to botch the title that badly...

It was just a double-listing copy/paste error:  they had Mythos Collector listed at the same time (and still may, in fact).

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:08 pm 

As noted elsewhere I did win the Mercury Games lot that had the 3 main books (which I already had) but also two digest sized packages of magic items and monsters and a 128 page book of magic items (which I had not seen before). The seller also threw in two unpublished manuscripts from the same folks.

I also picked up this week the Wizards' Realm binder, something I had been searching for since Heroic Worlds was published in 1991. It's listed on page 233 of Heroic Worlds but all Lawrence Schick wrote was 2nd Ed., Ringbinder. It does have a 3-ring binder, and the Wizards' Realm book, but it also comes with a 4-pack of dice (in a Ziploc bag), Set 1 of SJG Cardboard Heroes, 20 Wizards' Realm Character Record Sheets and 15 Wizards' Realm Graphex Mapping Sheets.

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:13 pm 

Nice Bill! Figured you might have picked up that lot.  What a find!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:09 am 

Great shots,Bill!

Pls post here some pics!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:11 pm 

stratochamp wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:As noted elsewhere I did win the Mercury Games lot that had the 3 main books (which I already had) but also two digest sized packages of magic items and monsters and a 128 page book of magic items (which I had not seen before). The seller also threw in two unpublished manuscripts from the same folks.

Bill:  if you're planning to attend NTX next month, I'd love to take a look at these if you're willing to bring them down to the show?

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:57 pm 

A single page of the 1978 Games Workshop D&D character-sheet pack, folded up inside something else I bought. I would have hoped to have bought an entire folder of these by now, but with prices so high these days, this is probably as good as I'll get.

The sheet has been used by someone named Robin (not sure if that was the character or the player), a thief. Equipment includes the proper leather armor for the class, but also a broadsword. Tsk, tsk, Robin. No choice has been indicated for the alignment grid in the corner, perhaps showing that this character was morally conflicted, or just didn't bother to fill it out. Now we'll never know.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:29 pm 

Lucky you. That is probably the one item from GW that I would love to have again. As intended, the pad I bought at my local hobby shop decades ago got used. I thought it was so cool, I made some homebrew sheets based on it when I first got into desktop publishing in '88.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:56 am 

[Cross-posting from the Appraisal subthread, to one a bit more appropriate.....]

Sometimes, one wonders whether that last item you need to complete a set will ever be found. It has taken a decade of searching, but at last, the quest is over.

Attachment:
Mystery of Wizards Island.jpg

I have only seen one other copy of Mystery of Wizard's Island ever before, in the Library of Stratochamp. For the longest time, I didn't actually believe there were any other copies. Finally, last week, one appeared on eBay, and it now has a new home.  :D

Here is the complete Silverdawn set, all together.

Attachment:
Entertainment Concepts.jpg

I am aware of the various Silverdawn PBM materials, but I don't consider them part of the FRP canon (though Kaldarius is a bit of a hybrid). And I think there is a different cover version of the World of Silverdawn. But as far as I am concerned, the explorer can finally return home to rest, the holy grail in hand.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:22 pm 

Yay Mark!

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:09 pm 

Very nice Mark!  I have a few yet to go to complete the set.  You finding that one is encouraging.

What is the second one from the right, bottom row?  Is that Rivals: The City of North Landing or The Adventures of Kaldarius the Mage?  Can't read it from the pic.  Rivals was supposedly unpublished but perhaps there are some drafts or pre-pubs out there.  I don't have The Adventures of Kaldarius the Mage, so I don't know what it looks like.  I don't recall checking it out at Bill's place, although I did look at the others.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:07 pm 

That's the Adventures of Kaldarius the Mage. I haven't seen a copy of Rivals, and haven't heard of anyone who does, even in an unpublished or manuscript form. Until there's good evidence otherwise,  I'm assuming it doesn't exist. And frankly, Mystery of Wizard's Island was hard enough to find. It's been on my want list for a good decade, and as I said, I've never seen another copy come up. So I'm really pretty happy.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 69 of 74123 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 727374