The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 68 of 74123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 727374
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:13 am 

FoulFoot wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:I know.  I just wanted to contribute something.

Try making interjections of sarcasm that point to the absurdity of human existence. Those are always on-topic.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:12 am 

Right, right, I keep forgetting.

Foul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:39 pm 

sauromatian wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
FoulFoot wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:I know.  I just wanted to contribute something.

Try making interjections of sarcasm that point to the absurdity of human existence. Those are always on-topic.

PDT_Armataz_01_37

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:17 am 

And here's my last Fun Find from Saturday... the last I'd seen one was on ebay in 2012.  I'd been looking at least that long!  So when it popped up in my saved searches, I was very excited to have another opportunity to bid.  It arrived here just yesterday (great postal service from the UK!):

Attachment:
FullSizeRender.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:13 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:And here's my last Fun Find from Saturday... the last I'd seen one was on ebay in 2012.  I'd been looking at least that long!  So when it popped up in my saved searches, I was very excited to have another opportunity to bid.  It arrived here just yesterday (great postal service from the UK!):

Heh, "punk rools O.K."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:06 pm 

beasterbrook wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:so.. just seeing if this actually arrives;)

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

And? :D

I once found 5 copies of the 6th edition CoC rules listed on their web site for $0.00 and they did fulfill the order! :D

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:07 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:And here's my last Fun Find from Saturday... the last I'd seen one was on ebay in 2012.  I'd been looking at least that long!  So when it popped up in my saved searches, I was very excited to have another opportunity to bid.  It arrived here just yesterday (great postal service from the UK!):

Very cool, Dave---you'll have to let us know what you think of it, after you've had a chance to read a bit :D  

I dropped out on that one to focus on the The Beholders and Spectres zines, which I'm hoping will arrive soon!

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:11 pm 

grodog wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
Very cool, Dave---you'll have to let us know what you think of it, after you've had a chance to read a bit :D  

A little too dependent on dimensions, directions and dice rolls for me to call it a winner.  Choosing north/south/east may have it's place, but without foreshadowing and context, the decisions feel dry & lifeless.  Solo adventures struggle I think to deliver consequences from choices.  It had some moments of zany, but not enough suspense to feel like an adventure to me.

The art however is excellent :)

lippy wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
Heh, "punk rools O.K."

Attachment:
Capture.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:55 pm 

This was my latest find from the UK.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:46 pm 

Cool find Mark!
Is this a publication, or a magazine?
Does it have fantasy content, or is it all science fiction? It looks like it has fantasy content...
Who was the publisher, and what year is the copyright?

Thanks Mark.
My wife won't be happy with you for necessitating that I add something to my want list :-)

Shrink is not a condition

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:56 am 

The resemblance to JRRT's Smaug on the back cover is noteworthy:

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:27 pm 

I saw you crossed off a few items from your list the other week so good to add another one.  It is more product than magazine.  Here's the table of contents.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:15 pm 

Thanks very much Mark!

Shrink is not a condition

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:57 am 

Hi Mark,  useless to say,  if you have more than one copy,  i d like to have one...
Ciaoo

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:27 am 

Anyone here pick this Starstone up?:  

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Allan.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:29 pm 

grodog wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Anyone here pick this Starstone up?:  

Allan.

Not me, but it looks like it's missing the map.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:13 am 

Various issues of The Space Gamer magazine, 50 cents each. Fun mainly due to all the product reviews, many of which were sent in by readers & exhibit all manner of entertaining writing styles & criticisms unrestrained by professionalism or good taste.

"...the game looks every bit as bad as it is," states the reviewer of something called Phase VII, "so few gamers will be tempted to buy it because of classy packaging." -#57 (11/82) Then the reviewer compares it to 1974's OD&D, the most unfavorable depiction anyone can ever think of.

Such harsh judgments also prompted replies from the game manufacturers, & these are every bit as precious: "We are disappointed. When we publish a bad game and get a bad review, we take it. When we publish a game system like Adventures in Fantasy we do not expect a magazine like yours to publish a poorly written hatchet job by a reviewer impressed with his own critical commentary. Not one customer, even those who had to wait several months to get Adventures in Fantasy when our printing was delayed last winter, had one bad thing to say about it...At Origins we expressed a strong interest in advertising in your magazine. Since this is our only effective protest...we will not place any advertising with you this year." -#32 (10/80) At least they'll always have fond memories of Origins.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:10 pm 

Not a fun find on my part but on Goodman Games' part. A very limited number of modules they found in a warehouse and thought were long out-of-print. So if you're a DCC collector, check it out:

Warehouse Finds!|Goodman Games

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 68 of 74123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 727374