The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 66 of 74123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 727374
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:09 pm 

muaddib5 wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
I received #25  :) .

Glad to see I wasn't the only Acaeum member to be so fortunate!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:44 pm 

A classic Romulan ship.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I've been waiting about ten years to obtain everything I wanted from the Star Trek Tactics Heroclix line, since WizKids announced it, then went out of business, was revived & released it as a board game, then as the tactical game I wanted that included all The-Original-Series ships I wanted except for the Romulan, then released the Romulan ship for a different game (Attack Wing, at $15 a figure), then finally revived the Tactics line to release it in Heroclix form.

I'm going to use my Star Trek clix in a mashup game vs. my Iron Maiden clix, along with the large city map that came with the 1982 Star Frontiers box: Port Loren
The one featuring, of all things, a shopping mall probably similar to where the copy of Star Frontiers was bought. It was the year of mall-centric Fast Times at Ridgemont High & the Zappas' Valley Girl, as well as Star Trek II & a whole bunch of stoner dudes wearing Iron Maiden t-shirts while wandering around malls. What better way to commemorate it than by simulated carnage?

The squares of the map are smaller, but four of them are about as large as a single square of a clix map, & the introductory quick-start rules for Heroclix disregard terrain. If individual actions must be resolved during gameplay, 1982's Alma Mater RPG would be most appropriate. Sample encounter 1: Elise Gygax selling hot dogs in the food court. Sample encounter 2: Roy Moore tries to pick up one or more of your PCs for a date.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:02 am 

Howdy all,  i recently found this game:

Vintage Mortal Combat Role Playing RuleBook 1979 | eBay

...a part from the fact that it is a great game with very interesting rules,  my question is about the author (see pic 3 in the auction): is he "dave morris", the one who worked for TSR UK?!?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:42 am 

If by found it, you meant bought it, congratulaions! The only other one I've seen, I bought about 7 years ago. It comes with a cardstock sheet that has rules on one side and advertisement on the other.

Shrink is not a condition

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:42 am 

Hello Bill,  thanks a lot!  Unfortunately this copy hasn t any handout/pull out page...

In any case i read it very quickly and found a lot of interesting rules! (considering it was written in 1978 these are still updated and clever! )

The question about the author is still unanswered...

Ciaoo

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:37 pm 

aia wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:The question about the author is still unanswered...

Found this...

Fabled Lands: Mortal Combat

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:57 am 

Thanks alot!  Then he is Dave Morris! ...and glad to hear that this is the father of DW!
Ciaoo

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:16 am 

Congratulations again on the rare find. In looking at the credits, I see that playtesting was done by The Oxford EPT Group ... is that "Empire of the Petal Throne" by chance?

A Google search turned up an Oxford Environmental Political Theory Group, but I did no see the authors listed in the group. Just curious  :bounce:

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:51 am 

Ok this one is really obscure to me. I recently won this module:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Well i got it today and found that it is a module for the F. P. A.  rpg... Apparently the module has been issued before the rules (in the foreword the authors writes that the rulebook will be sold very soon).

Has anyone ever hear of this game? Has the rulebook been issued or not?!

Thanks and ciaoo

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:47 am 

Great find. Never heard of it before. Nor about Abbeta RPG.
Did you read the module? Is it good?

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:54 am 

This stuff is obscure, not good.
The rulebook was printed, along with one other supplement called To be a King.

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:57 am 

aia wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Ok this one is really obscure to me. I recently won this module:

ABBETA RPG quot The Pillars of Marmouth quot adventure Very Rare In Good condition | eBay

Well i got it today and found that it is a module for the F. P. A.  rpg... Apparently the module has been issued before the rules (in the foreword the authors writes that the rulebook will be sold very soon).

Thanks and ciaoo

Never heard of F.P.A. RPG, what is it? My Google-Fu is not up to the challenge apparently.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:24 pm 

MadCatUSA wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
aia wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Ok this one is really obscure to me. I recently won this module:

ABBETA RPG quot The Pillars of Marmouth quot adventure Very Rare In Good condition | eBay

Thanks and ciaoo

Never heard of F.P.A. RPG, what is it? My Google-Fu is not up to the challenge apparently.

Not sure what "F.P.A." is referring to, but Abbeta was a game according to the RPG Encyclopedia (Rpg Encyclopedia | Role Playing Games | Tabletop Games) and a guy posting here: Small Press Games of the Eighties - Story Games.

According to RPGGeek "Magic and Monsters" was a later version of this game (Fantasy Gaming | RPG Item | RPGGeek), but although it's definitely by Hackett I am not convinced it's the same game; this is clearly fantasy but Abbeta was SF. It was presented in a book called Fantasy Gaming, apparently, and Hackett also published the very similar-sounding Fantasy Wargaming: Fantasy Wargaming | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:02 pm 

New Magical and Technoloigcal Item Cards and Cards of Power by The Companions | eBay

recently won this item

was tickled pink to get the uncut fantasy art cards!

just proof that you can still get lucky on ebay every now and then

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:13 am 

webrik33 wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:New Magical and Technoloigcal Item Cards and Cards of Power by The Companions | eBay

recently won this item

Never heard of that company before but you definitely did score, saw in the solds that a similar one sold for $75 plus shipping about a week later. Looks like that company did a half a dozen or more accessory type of things for Generic Gaming, very cool. Congrats on the score and thanks for the knowledge.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:46 am 

All the Companions stuff is great!

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:14 pm 

webrik33 wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:New Magical and Technoloigcal Item Cards and Cards of Power by The Companions | eBay

recently won this item

what I meant was the 2nd picture in the auction listing....1979 Fantasy Art Enterprises 'magical & technological item cards'

they were included in the auction. i didn't care about the companions product

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:37 pm 

webrik33 wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:what I meant was the 2nd picture in the auction listing....1979 Fantasy Art Enterprises 'magical & technological item cards'

they were included in the auction. i didn't care about the companions product

Whoa, mighty score!!!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 66 of 74123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 727374