The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 65 of 74123 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 727374
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:18 am 

Recently acquired this. Been waiting for a decent one for awhile. After I did the BIN I kept waiting for a sellers remorse email. lol

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:33 am 

webrik33 wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Recently acquired this. Been waiting for a decent one for awhile. After I did the BIN I kept waiting for a sellers remorse email. lol

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Definitely a nice hit!  Question is about the signature: has anybody ever seen one of these set without arneson's signature? I doubt it exists...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:52 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

A steal even at $725, but it went for less.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:20 am 

aia wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
webrik33 wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Recently acquired this. Been waiting for a decent one for awhile. After I did the BIN I kept waiting for a sellers remorse email. lol

Definitely a nice hit!  Question is about the signature: has anybody ever seen one of these set without arneson's signature? I doubt it exists...

I have Richard Snider's personal copy and it is not signed. He included with it an enlightening 4 page letter describing the circumstances of the making of Adventures in Fantasy and his relationship with Dave Arneson.

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:35 pm 

Attachment:
DSCN4640.JPG

Here are my copies, Excalibre & Adventure Games versions... not signed but still Fun Finds!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:01 pm 

Bought this the other day and while going through the contents found this interesting bumper sticker

Not sure if it actually came with the set or not

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:45 pm 

webrik33 wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Bought this the other day and while going through the contents found this interesting bumper sticker

Not sure if it actually came with the set or not

So, why would someone insist on nuking small crabs?  :scratch:

Those silly Nevadans.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:09 pm 

Arrived today!

It's a first print Carse.  This has been on the want list pretty much forever.  I believe this finally completes my Midkemia collection.  Woot!

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:31 am 

Well done Bracton!

See you at GenCon!

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:54 pm 

Bracton wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Arrived today!

It's a first print Carse.  This has been on the want list pretty much forever.  I believe this finally completes my Midkemia collection.  Woot!

You beat me by one second! I knew I should have bid higher!!  :x

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:04 am 

Nice! Well done!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:36 pm 

webrik33 wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:

For what it is worth, I bid a lot higher than what it sold for.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a first print in the wild.  So I was ready to overpay for it.   :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:00 pm 

Bracton wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
webrik33 wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:

For what it is worth, I bid a lot higher than what it sold for.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a first print in the wild.  So I was ready to overpay for it.   :?

Oh it's no big deal. I was trying to put in a good bid with 5s left but my 6yo son decided to jump in my lap at that very moment!

1st Prints are out there, I found mine a couple years ago but it didn't have a map.

Congrats on the win and filling that spot in collection

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:13 pm 

Bracton wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:For what it is worth, I bid a lot higher than what it sold for.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a first print in the wild.  So I was ready to overpay for it.   :?

Hmm..I probably shouldn't ask here, but what are they worth? I think I have a first print of this somewhere. How can I verify printing?

Thanks

Carpe DM!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:34 am 

It's hard to say.  There aren't many collectors of Midkemia.  So it just depends on whether more than one person is looking for an item at the same time.  I was just willing to overpay, if necessary, since I had waited so long.  But I doubt it would normally go for more than $50 or $60 in any case.  It's another example of the fact that prices of old FRP aren't related to the quality or even in many cases the rarity of the item.  

The first printing is blank under the word "Carse" on the cover.  The second edition says "2nd Edition" there.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:36 am 

webrik33 wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Congrats on the win and filling that spot in collection

Thanks!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:50 pm 

It is not that often that I get to add some real old cool stuff to my collection, today I found a couple of very obscure items:

Attachment:
Starfaring1.jpg

Starfaring by Flying Buffalo circ. 1976.  Real old semi RPG Star Trek type game of Exploration of the Stars.  Has some interesting artwork

Attachment:
Dirtside1.jpg

Miniature rules for Sci-Fi armour, ships Battle-Walkers and more, digest size circ 1989

Both are in excellent condition!!

Got these both in trade for some extra RPG stuff I had lying around :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:56 am 

You should post a picture of the full set!!!

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 65 of 74123 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 727374