The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 65 of 74123 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 727374
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:36 pm 

Wyrms Footnotes #5, promising the upcoming publication of Isaac Bonewitz's X-Rated Supplement (illustrated), & asking for reader submissions. I guess it was like the Penthouse Forum of RPGs. If your gaming session ended in a wild orgy, you were supposed to mail in your account of it to Chaosium, marked "Attention: X." I don't think this supplement was ever published, so it's not too late to make your contributions.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:10 pm 

I found these in a boxed set that I purchased. I admit, I had to investigate the bottom two. Unfortunately, the Basic Character File appears to have a few sheets missing.

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:13 am 

And for those that collect the ephemera of D&D, I found this little item. Very hard to find and this one is sealed.

ImageImage

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:14 pm 

Another cool item that I've wanted for a while and finally got the chance to get. It'll be a nice addition for the gaming area. :)

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:21 pm 

Another odd item that I picked up. A Dungeons and Dragons kite. This is the only one of these that I've seen. Does anyone know if there were more produced?

ImageImage

Carpe DM!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:45 pm 

cdenham wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Another odd item that I picked up. A Dungeons and Dragons kite. This is the only one of these that I've seen. Does anyone know if there were more produced?

The kites were meant to facilitate the 6th-level magic-user spell Summon Air Elemental, but a faulty conversion from 1e to 2e caused them to summon fire elementals instead. So a lot of these burned up with their casters & the rest were recalled. Probably contributed to the collapse of TSR as a business over the next few years, & is one of those shameful episodes in the history of fantasy role-playing games which no one wants to talk about. That's why you haven't heard of these products before.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:26 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

A fun find for SOMEONE. And dirt cheap.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:16 pm 

Deadlord wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

A fun find for SOMEONE. And dirt cheap.

Definitely still worth the price, but they weren't originally three hole punched.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:18 am 

Recently acquired this. Been waiting for a decent one for awhile. After I did the BIN I kept waiting for a sellers remorse email. lol

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:33 am 

webrik33 wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Recently acquired this. Been waiting for a decent one for awhile. After I did the BIN I kept waiting for a sellers remorse email. lol

Definitely a nice hit!  Question is about the signature: has anybody ever seen one of these set without arneson's signature? I doubt it exists...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:52 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

A steal even at $725, but it went for less.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:20 am 

aia wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
webrik33 wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Recently acquired this. Been waiting for a decent one for awhile. After I did the BIN I kept waiting for a sellers remorse email. lol

Definitely a nice hit!  Question is about the signature: has anybody ever seen one of these set without arneson's signature? I doubt it exists...

I have Richard Snider's personal copy and it is not signed. He included with it an enlightening 4 page letter describing the circumstances of the making of Adventures in Fantasy and his relationship with Dave Arneson.

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:35 pm 

Attachment:
DSCN4640.JPG

Here are my copies, Excalibre & Adventure Games versions... not signed but still Fun Finds!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:01 pm 

Bought this the other day and while going through the contents found this interesting bumper sticker

Not sure if it actually came with the set or not

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:45 pm 

webrik33 wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Bought this the other day and while going through the contents found this interesting bumper sticker

Not sure if it actually came with the set or not

So, why would someone insist on nuking small crabs?  :scratch:

Those silly Nevadans.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:09 pm 

Arrived today!

It's a first print Carse.  This has been on the want list pretty much forever.  I believe this finally completes my Midkemia collection.  Woot!

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:31 am 

Well done Bracton!

See you at GenCon!

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:54 pm 

Bracton wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Arrived today!

It's a first print Carse.  This has been on the want list pretty much forever.  I believe this finally completes my Midkemia collection.  Woot!

You beat me by one second! I knew I should have bid higher!!  :x

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 65 of 74123 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 727374