The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 62 of 74123 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 727374
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:38 pm 

I bid but not whole-heartedly.

If you look at the signatures on the right, the top one is Ernest Hams who did KABAL so I suspect it is an RPG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:32 am 

Brette again who outbid me on this one? :)

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I don't remember seing another  copy on ebay before.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:48 pm 

I have a copy already that I think came from Ebay some years ago.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:25 pm 

Same seller has volumes 2, 3, and 4:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

TLG Dark Druids 1st printing:

NeverWorld in shrink:

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:26 pm 

lokiwookie wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Brette again who outbid me on this one? :)

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I don't remember seing another  copy on ebay before.

Ah, fun... Which of you two guys (presumably ;)) armtwisted the seller into changing his shipping policy while my back was turned?

I had the misfortune of winning early on and ended up with my wins being unilaterally cancelled because he wouldn't combine shipping by any means and every single item had to be paid at the full, individual p&p cost via eBay's Global rip-off scheme.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:24 pm 

I can't understand sellers who don't want to combine shipping. They miss a lot of sales...

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:12 pm 

faro wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Ah, fun... Which of you two guys (presumably ;)) armtwisted the seller into changing his shipping policy while my back was turned?

That is strange.  It doesn't look like he is using "eBay's Global rip-off scheme" for Canadian shipping.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:52 pm 

Nor for France.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:13 pm 

Mars wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
faro wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Ah, fun... Which of you two guys (presumably ;)) armtwisted the seller into changing his shipping policy while my back was turned?

That is strange.  It doesn't look like he is using "eBay's Global rip-off scheme" for Canadian shipping.

Check the completed sales; e.g.

I was facing something like $60+ plus two lots of customs fees for three small zines and a paperback book, separately charged; $80++ in total for maybe 750gms packed, IIRC.
Sent them several workaround suggestions but received no response, although I presumed they were acting on one of those when they cancelled three out of the four items (with the remainder to be paid direct to PayPal, was the idea). ...Then they cancelled the other item a few days later. :roll:

Frustrating.
(First, as I'd already promised the book elsewhere having given away my previous copy to a board member here. Second, since the seller - as I'd guessed - was on my research list, which went goodbye in the process).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:20 am 

Attachment:
IMG_20150518_161224.jpg

I was pretty pleased to have found these... somehow I must have missed the Kickstarter & these stretch add-ons - Castle & Crusade versions of the original D20 Troll Lord Games modules from the early 2000s.  I'm a big TLG fan and love retro reprints and these re-imaged covers.  Fun find  :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:44 am 

Thunderdave wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
Attachment:
IMG_20150518_161224.jpg

I was pretty pleased to have found these... somehow I must have missed the Kickstarter & these stretch add-ons - Castle & Crusade versions of the original D20 Troll Lord Games modules from the early 2000s.  I'm a big TLG fan and love retro reprints and these re-imaged covers.  Fun find  :)

....any clue on the rarity and value of the original printing of these modules? I am considering to make them available for sale/trade too...
Thanks and ciaooo

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:45 am 

aia wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
Thunderdave wrote:

....any clue on the rarity and value of the original printing of these modules? I am considering to make them available for sale/trade too...
Thanks and ciaooo

They're obscure but I wouldn't say they're very rare, maybe "common rare." Pricing... well, that's trickier seeing as there's likely not much demand for them. Probably $5 - 15, for me, each. Also, having the original After Winter's Dark in there would be helpful for value.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:08 am 

Yes, I am looking for them but will not pay more than $10. I have only one, and I bought it $5 on ebay IIRC.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:08 am 

copycat wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:They're obscure but I wouldn't say they're very rare, maybe "common rare." Pricing... well, that's trickier seeing as there's likely not much demand for them. Probably $5 - 15, for me, each. Also, having the original After Winter's Dark in there would be helpful for value.

Was there a reprint of After Winter's Dark too?  I only have the D20 printing from 2000.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:27 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:
copycat wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:They're obscure but I wouldn't say they're very rare, maybe "common rare." Pricing... well, that's trickier seeing as there's likely not much demand for them. Probably $5 - 15, for me, each. Also, having the original After Winter's Dark in there would be helpful for value.

Was there a reprint of After Winter's Dark too?  I only have the D20 printing from 2000.

The one I refer to is this one:

amazon.com/After-Winter-Fantasy-Campaig ... 097023970X

Funny that one can find it on Amazon undersold.

It was released in 2000, but it is not a d20 product. Nor are any of the S&S-line.

There is a C&C version as well.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:14 pm 

Someone got a bargain.

I totally forgot to bid. I only have the 2nd ed. and miss the box without the yellow flag.

Last edited by lokiwookie on Wed May 20, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:49 pm 

lokiwookie wrote in The Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds thread:Someone got a bargain.

I totally forgot to bid. I only have the 2nd ed. and miss this box version (without the yellow flag).

Someone got a very very good bargain. I've been looking for a boxed set for a looong time.

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:16 pm 

One day I would really like to sort out the mess that is Kabal as far as all the different versions of books and boxed sets and combinations - although I don't know if it will be as orderly as I want.

I'll check and see if I stashed away any extra copies of this one - at one point I had over 15 sets.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 62 of 74123 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 727374