New Lulu Coupon: 20% Off Up To $50 Savings
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:41 am 

davidc wrote:he books made it a thousand miles and through Customs in something less than 24 hours!

Just curious, did you have to pay a customs or brokerage fee on them?  My biggest concern about ordering is that I think the free ground shipping uses Fedex which usually means you will get a brokerage bill in the mail a couple weeks after the parcel arrives.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:43 pm 

I had forgotten that FedEx was their carrier until the books arrived... no bill yet... there is a customs-fee-included shipping option, I am hoping Lulu selected that (free shipping, after all :))  I can't honestly say I'll treat an invoice that turns up later all that seriously, though - do they really do that?

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:24 am 

davidc wrote: I can't honestly say I'll treat an invoice that turns up later all that seriously, though - do they really do that?

That's how Fedex works.  UPS collects at the door before you get the parcel, Fedex sends you a bill after you collect the parcel.  I avoid all couriers like the plague for cross-border shipments because they make money on brokerage fees and charging duty/tax so they seem to always charge it when they can.

In Canada, all packages on books should be charged tax (regardless of value).  Its rather silly actually.  If you read the list of things that you have to pay tax on (even if under the $20 value) its tobacco, alcohol and books.  Usually brokerage fees are based on the value of an item, and if no tax has to be collected then you don't have to pay brokerage fees either.  But since all books should be taxed, I wonder about brokerage fees.  I am also not sure how the prepaying of tax effects brokerage fees.  Its a whole subject that doesn't have a lot of clear info out there but could end up costing you a good chunk of money.  Fedex brokerage fees are more expensive than UPS but Fedex doesn't even post them on their website.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:40 pm 

Enter coupon code SPLISH305 at checkout and receive 20% off any order. The maximum savings for this offer is $100. Enter coupon code SPLASH305 at checkout and receive 25% off your order of $500 or more. The maximum savings for this offer is $500. Sorry, but these offers are only valid in US dollars and cannot be applied to previous orders. You can only use these codes once per account, and unfortunately you can't use these coupons in combination with other coupon codes. These great offers expire on April 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM PST, so don't miss out! While very unlikely, we do reserve the right to change or revoke these offers at anytime, and of course we cannot offer this coupon where it is against the law to do so.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:16 pm 

As per Thork's Post.. till July 29

25% off any order (1 order per account)   TIME305

you can also use..  TIMEAU305  and get a second 25% deiscount;)

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:36 pm 

You can use two discounts at the same time?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:10 am 

no.. only one..but nice try..

You can only use a coupon once, but since the Aussie site has an "aussie" coupon you can use that as well on a second order.. I would imagine there may be a UK , canadian one as well??

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:25 pm 

Aussie Cyber monday.. 35% off.. best I have seen.. sure there is a USA one (Just take the AU out I think is how it usually works..)

Enter coupon code CYBERMONDAYAU305 at checkout and receive 30% off your order. The maximum savings for this offer is $300. Enter coupon code MORECYBERMONDAYAU305 at checkout and receive 35% off your order of $750 or more. The maximum savings for this offer is $750. Sorry, but these offers are only valid in US Dollars and cannot be applied to previous orders. You can only use these codes once per account, and unfortunately you can't use these coupons in combination with other coupon codes. This great offer expires on 28 November 2011 at 11:59 PM PST, so don't miss out! While very unlikely, we do reserve the right to change or revoke this offer at anytime, and of course we cannot offer this coupon where it is against the law to do so.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:19 pm 

The codes in the US are indeed CYBERMONDAY and MORECYBERMONDAY.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:55 am 

35% Off - Today Only (December 21)

Enjoy. :)

Enter coupon code SECRETSANTA305 at checkout and receive 35% off your order. The maximum savings for this offer is $100. Sorry, but this offer is only valid in US Dollars and cannot be applied to previous orders. You can only use this code once per account, and unfortunately you can't use this coupon in combination with other coupon codes. This great offer expires on December 21, 2011 at 11:59 PM PST, so don't miss out! While very unlikely, we do reserve the right to change or revoke this offer at anytime, and of course we cannot offer this coupon where it is against the law to do so.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:46 am 

Wouldn't it be easier for Lulu to just add a radio button saying, 'tick here if you want to pay full price'? There never seems to be a time when Lulu doesn't give the impression that they're ripping me off. In the UK we have a sofa stores that sell everthing at between 30% and 75% off all year round, and you just know when you're in there that you're being screwed over by the compeny. Lulu has the same sales model.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Wouldn't it be easier for Lulu to just add a radio button saying, 'tick here if you want to pay full price'? There never seems to be a time when Lulu doesn't give the impression that they're ripping me off. In the UK we have a sofa stores that sell everthing at between 30% and 75% off all year round, and you just know when you're in there that you're being screwed over by the compeny. Lulu has the same sales model.

Heh.  Considering the furniture industry is at least a 400% mark up, that surpises you? :)

Ever thought about the Real cost of items you are used to paying $5 or less for?  Dollar stores... they bought items at 7 cents a piece back in 2003. Maybe 10 cents a piece now.  Welcome to capitolism? :)

I get everything has a margin. I would love to know the true margins on vehicles.  Shall we go into real housing costs? <Gryn>

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:40 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Wouldn't it be easier for Lulu to just add a radio button saying, 'tick here if you want to pay full price'?

I suppose, but if you know that there is always a 20% off coupon to be found, or will be very soon, and 99% of the material stays in print, you can just wait until the right time for you to buy.  It's a little frustrating, but now that you've figured it out, it really doesn't hurt you, does it?

And 35% off is the best one I've ever seen.  Thanks smarmy1!

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:00 pm 

Coupon du jour is 25DEC for 30% off.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:31 am 

And yet another Lulu sale:

Two Day Super Sale - 35% Off (Dec 27 and Dec 28 )

Enjoy. :)

Enter coupon code BLIZZARDS305 at checkout and receive 35% off your order. The maximum savings for this offer is $100. Sorry, but this offer is only valid in US Dollars and cannot be applied to previous orders. You can only use this code once per account, and unfortunately you can't use this coupon in combination with other coupon codes. This great offer expires on December 28, 2011 at 11:59 PM PST, so don't miss out! While very unlikely, we do reserve the right to change or revoke this offer at anytime, and of course we cannot offer this coupon where it is against the law to do so.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:36 pm 

Lesson learned - ignore lulu all year and then buy in late December.

PreviousNext