Lost Necromancer PDFs
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:56 pm 

Well, mark me down as a former nay sayer who has been convinced.  No question Necro's stuff was the cream of the d20 crop and I am looking forward to this.  Heading to the site to sign up!

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:31 pm 

Wow, glad to hear it, Grug.  And thanks!  I hope and think you will be pleased.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:33 pm 

Is there going to be a forum on the Frog God site?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:33 am 

Probably not--I have the necro boards after all

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:27 am 

Am I right in reading there's a hard copy available (or will be) and can that be shipped to the UK?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:19 am 

It can be shipped to the UK. It's free. You only pay for the shipping. But to get the Hardback, you have to buy the subscription to the 13 softcovers at $125, and when they're complete, you'll get the Hardcover which is a compilation of all the softcovers you subscribed to, bound together and presented with a bonus chapter. At least that's my understanding of things so far.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:11 pm 

tsathogga wrote:Probably not--I have the necro boards after all

I am indexing part 1 and writing up a review for DF from the point of view of AD&D conversion. So far part 1 has a great editing job, no typos, misspellings or format problems that I've noted. Some things that might be minor inconsitencies, such as a lack of physical description for some of the NPCs and not others. One case where NPCs are listed with alignments but in a similar list alignments are not included. The plot and setting are very intriguing so far though a couple of the story elements feel awkward in a minor nit-picking way.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:It can be shipped to the UK. It's free. You only pay for the shipping. But to get the Hardback, you have to buy the subscription to the 13 softcovers at $125, and when they're complete, you'll get the Hardcover which is a compilation of all the softcovers you subscribed to, bound together and presented with a bonus chapter. At least that's my understanding of things so far.

That's not selling it for me..  :?   I'd buy a hardcopy, but not when I've got the softcover series already. Perhaps they'll consider the hardcover as a single sale option??  8)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:56 pm 

There is going to be a hardcover single purchase item, supposedly at the same £125 cover price, but it will not include the signiatures or the 'bonus chapter'. That said, it's allegedly in excess of 700 pages already.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:01 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:
That's not selling it for me..  :?   I'd buy a hardcopy, but not when I've got the softcover series already. Perhaps they'll consider the hardcover as a single sale option??  8)

I thought the hardcopy deal was wither the $125 subscription or buying the pdfs individually and then you might not get the signed edition (or was the extra chapter only available with the $125 upfront subscription?).

I'd thought the POD deal was something else entirely.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:20 pm 

Maybe some clarification is needed here?
If the signed numbered hardback comes with the PDF only subscription whether or not you buy individually or hit the one off payment button, I might well collect the PDFs directly from FGG as and when they are released.
I already have the first one.
I wonder how they're gonna assign numbers to customers?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:37 pm 

If you do the premium subscription for $125, you get all of the .pdf's as they come out and a signed, numbered hardcover when all is said and done.

If you dont want the hardcover, you can pay $89.99 for just the .pdf's.

If you dont want the .pdf's you can wait until they have finished with the subscriptions and then you will be able to buy the hardcover by itself for $169.99.  Only it will not contain the extra content and wont be signed and numbered.

This is all there on Frog God Games product page.  If you want the hardcover for $125 you have to purchase the .pdf package thru Frog God Games.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:24 pm 

I could always receive any British copies and post them on if that's of interest (as long as we can agree on how to split the cost), like Ian did with those modules.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:31 pm 

I don't think there are "softcovers" as part of the plan.

I think there is only a hardcover and the PDF versions.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:38 pm 

Kingifpain89 wrote:If you do the premium subscription for $125, you get all of the .pdf's as they come out and a signed, numbered hardcover when all is said and done.

If you dont want the hardcover, you can pay $89.99 for just the .pdf's.

If you dont want the .pdf's you can wait until they have finished with the subscriptions and then you will be able to buy the hardcover by itself for $169.99. Only it will not contain the extra content and wont be signed and numbered.

This is all there on Frog God Games product page. If you want the hardcover for $125 you have to purchase the .pdf package thru Frog God Games.

King,

Yep, though I think the limited edition and PDF offer is available @$169.00, for a month or so after the short-term $125.00 offer ends.  

FormCritic wrote:I don't think there are "softcovers" as part of the plan.

FC,

You are correct.

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:58 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I don't think there are "softcovers" as part of the plan.

I think it's pretty safe to assume Ian was going for "softcopy" and not softcover.  However, there is this comment on their website:

As an additional option, we have made all these books available through Drive through RPG, and will soon be offering print on demand softcover books as well as electronic copies through DTRPG

So eventually you will be able to get a POD "softcover" booklet.

PaulKM wrote:Kingifpain89

Who the hell is Kingifpain89?  :P

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:48 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Who the hell is Kingifpain89?  :P

King,

:lol:  What's one letter between friends?

There's a little black hole in my brain today.

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:09 pm 

PaulKM wrote:King,

:lol:  What's one letter between friends?

I guess I should be glad my name isn't Rick or Buck.  That could get dirty.  :roll:

PaulKM wrote:There's a little black hole in my brain today.

You're supposed to sip the single-malt Paul.  :wink:

PreviousNext