Forum Update
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:25 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Been randomly getting them for 2 days now.

Ever since the site was offline I have not only those errors but also problems with searching the site.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:23 am 

Improvstone,

I have been getting these errors as well.  I have a list of items for you to consider purchasing.

Tried to send them to you using PM, but that doesn't seem to be working for me.

Below is the list of items for sale.  Unless otherwise stated, the condition of the items is excellent.  I can provide pictures if desired.

email me at [email protected] with any questions/requests.  If you wish to purchase any of the items below, please list the item and the desired purchase price.  The larger the purchase, the better the "bulk discount" rate.

Thanks!

Ray Taylor

1.  "The Dungeoneer" Issues 1-7
2.  "Chainmail" 3rd Edition (silver cover with stapled binding) - 1975
3.  "The Misty Isles" -- Dungeon Master's Kit Number 3 -- 1975 -- Wee Warriors
4.  3 mini-games from SPI -- "Death Maze", "Vector 3", and "Titan Strike!"  I can give you more detail if desired.
5.  Woodgrain box with the 3 volumes.  Second Printing -- January 1975.  I have the correction sheet and tables included.  All is in great condition with exception of the cover box.  1 corner has been damaged, but the cover box still functions and is otherwise completely intact.  The volumes and extra sheets are in great condition.
6.  Supplement I "Greyhawk".  Second Printing 1975
7.  Supplement II "Blackmoor" First Printing? 1975
8.  Supplement III "Eldritch Wizardry"  First Printing 1976 (with the controversial nude sacrifice girl)
9.  Supplement IV "Gods, Demi-Gods, & Heroes" First Printing 1976.
10. "Monster & Treasure Assortment" Sets One -- Three.  All three are still in the shrink wrap and undamaged.
11.  A solitaire adventure called "Deathtrap Equalizer Dungeon" by Flying Buffalo, Inc.  It is a 4th printing in 1977.
12.  A solitaire adventure called "Dargon's Dungeon" by Flying Buffalo, Inc.  Second printing 1977.
13.  "The Chivalry & Sorcery Sourcebook" First printing in 1978  
14.  "Chivalry & Sorcery -- Warfare & Wizardry in the Feudal Age" First Printing in 1977  (This book has a tear in the bottom cover about an inch to an inch and a half long.  Otherwise, both of the C&S books are in great shape.)
15.  A copy of the "Official Dungeon of GenCon IX  2nd Edition Preliminary Round"  Designer Bob Blake.  1976.
16.  Dragon Magazine Vol. II, Issue 1.  In really great condition considering it is a magazine!
17.  The Judges Guild packets including "Wilderlands" stuff and the "City State of the Invincible Overland."  I also have some cards with items and such on them.
18.A GenCon XIII catalog -- neat, huh? 
19.  "The Spartan Simulation Gaming Journal" Number 9 - This is the issue that contains the "Warlock" stuff
20.  And, of course, some original D&D dice.

Please correspond with me using email.

Thanks!

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:08 pm 

I'm getting these errors now, too.  I've been away for the last two weeks, so of course, that's when things usually go wrong.  I'll look into this and see what the deal is.

Incidentally, message posting still seems to work -- just gives lots of nasty errors.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:49 pm 

OK, I seem to have quashed this latest bug.  Please let me know, here or via e-mail, if anyone's continuing to have problems.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:42 pm 

Spoke too soon.  Now, it appears that automated messages (topic-reply notifications, registration confirmations, etc) are no longer working.  I'm continuing to look into it.  Sigh.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:46 pm 

Alrighty.  I think we're fixed.  In short, this wasn't my fault: my web host, in their infinite wisdom (and their dogged determination to stamp out e-mail spammers wherever they be), decided to prevent any client from sending more than 100 e-mail messages an hour.  Any messages in surplus of that were bounced.

After arguing with them for several days (their solution: upgrade to our VPS server, for only $400/year, and send as many goddamn e-mails as you'd like, buddy), I discovered that by disabling the ability of users to watch topics (receive an e-mail when a topic was replied to), this cut down the number of e-mails the board was sending by nearly 80%.

So, that's what I did.  You will still be able to receive notifications on new private messages, which I deemed more valuable than being able to watch a topic.  I apologize for the inconvenience, but I feel it's a necessary band-aid which will keep operations costs of this web site to something reasonable.  :)

Should anyone continue to have any problems with either A) not receiving a new-user confirmation e-mail, or B) not receiving a notification on a new private message, please let me know.

Foul

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:00 pm 

Heh.  Stamping out spammers is a noble endeavour.  But has your web host never heard of a listserv?  

Keep up the great job, Foulfoot, the site rocks!  I for one can do without a few notifications.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:29 pm 

FoulFoot wrote:Should anyone continue to have any problems with either A) not receiving a new-user confirmation e-mail, or B) not receiving a notification on a new private message, please let me know.

I didn't get a notice for my latest PM from Frank, Scott, and it wasn't caught by my bulk mail/spam filter on SBC Yahoo either.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:32 am 

Grodog, you posted about 45 minutes after I left the "it's fixed" message above -- I left the message immediately after the problem was fixed.  Did Frank send you a PM in that 45 min window?  (Even if he did, it's possible that the server was still rejecting some messages, until the message-limit timer resets).

I haven't gotten any more message bounces this afternoon, and I *have* gotten a few PM notifications.  Let me know if anyone's not receiving PM notifications from this point onwards --

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:06 am 

FoulFoot wrote:Grodog, you posted about 45 minutes after I left the "it's fixed" message above -- I left the message immediately after the problem was fixed.  Did Frank send you a PM in that 45 min window?  (Even if he did, it's possible that the server was still rejecting some messages, until the message-limit timer resets).

Nope, it was yesterday.  Thanks for the clarification Scott!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Previous