Report sellers who infringe copyrights!
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:26 am 

Sooooo that being the case, it's ok to sell it then?

A.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:53 am 

killjoy32 wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:Sooooo that being the case, it's ok to sell it then?

A.

Once again - I'm not a legal expert, nor am I offering my personal moral point of view.  My *guess* is that in the strictest interpretation of copyright law, the answer is no, you shouldn't re-sell it (particularly if you know it was created via copyright infringement).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:34 am 

I bet he's writing that to try to cover his you-know-what. He's sold so many of those (dozens) and he's been reported to Ebay so many times for copyright infringement I find it hard to believe he bought a collection with dozens of these fanmade books in it. He's no victim.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:54 am 

Sorry...there was no vindictiveness intended there.

Point being. It is breaching copyright regardless. Doesnt matter how you have acquired it. To offload it and profit is still breaching copyright.

I have a mate who was actually imprisoned back in the 60s for  forging. Maybe if i get him to do a dozen ST1's.....i could then sell them. That should be ok...not :twisted:  :twisted:

A.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:44 am 

LOL... I'm certainly no legal expert, but if I passed a fake $100 bill, the police aren't going to care too much if I actually printed it.  :)

In my mind, this guy is guilty because he knows its fake and most likely, realizes it is not legal.

I just don't understand why people are paying that amount of money for those!! For $200 you can get some things that actually rare and collectible.  :roll:

Carpe DM!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:31 pm 

Probably won't matter anyway. There's a seller from Greece who has been selling DVDs with all kinds of illicit PDFs from various companies (TSR, Paizo, Avalon Hill and more). I couldn't get to WizBorg (without registering it seems), but managed to alert Paizo.

The DVDs are still coming no matter how often they're reported.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 pm 

Some things clearly dont change then...even after all these years

A.

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:02 am 

The failure of WotC & Paizo to act effectively in response to our complaints is disturbing. When I come to this thread, I do it to feel powerful. I expect that these large publishers will immediately jump to my beck & call to squash whomever I accuse. It's almost as if WotC & Paizo believe that they own their own intellectual property, & can choose when or how to enforce their rights without my guidance. Arise, WotC, Paizo, and all of your many lawyers! I command it!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:56 am 

sauromatian wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:The failure of WotC & Paizo to act effectively in response to our complaints is disturbing. When I come to this thread, I do it to feel powerful. I expect that these large publishers will immediately jump to my beck & call to squash whomever I accuse. It's almost as if WotC & Paizo believe that they own their own intellectual property, & can choose when or how to enforce their rights without my guidance. Arise, WotC, Paizo, and all of your many lawyers! I command it!

Attachment:
IMG_8710.GIF

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:57 pm 

cdenham wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:LOL... I'm certainly no legal expert, but if I passed a fake $100 bill, the police aren't going to care too much if I actually printed it.  :)

In my mind, this guy is guilty because he knows its fake and most likely, realizes it is not legal.

I just don't understand why people are paying that amount of money for those!! For $200 you can get some things that actually rare and collectible.  :roll:

If you had no knowledge the bill was fake, more likely than not, you wouldn't be arrested for a crime.  You'd just be out $100.  If you have knowledge that a bill you possess is counterfeit, and you still pass it, more of a chance of getting into trouble.  If you printed the counterfeit bill,  most likely you're in some trouble.

Most of the counterfeit bills I've personally seen have been absolutely terrible.  There is no way you wouldn't become suspicious (either by looking at it or by the feel of the paper).

So I don't think the seller is "off the hook" for selling a counterfeit item because they bought it in a lot with other items, especially when he/she has knowledge that it is in possible violation of  copyright laws.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:53 pm 

Here is one.  Amazing they say they are an authorized reseller.  How can they say this?
HUGE collection Dungeons and Dragons materials on DVD - Handbooks, Modules AD&D  | eBay

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:49 pm 

Lord Soth wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:Here is one.  Amazing they say they are an authorized reseller.  How can they say this?

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Just sent a message asking to see pics of the actual DVDs. Let's see what comes of that.  :twisted:

EDIT: The Response:

"They are just plain DVDs, but if you send me your e-mail address, I will e-mail you a couple of sample PDF files."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:44 pm 

Wow this guy has a good thing going.  Since Wizards of the Coast doesn't seem to care maybe I should buy a set and start selling them for $5 less.  Good money!   :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:19 pm 

I'm pretty sure "dandplayer" is the same seller who was selling fakes of Dungeon of Dr. Demento and a couple other small press items a few years back.  Same game different product to rip off.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:06 pm 

I don't know how to report items to Ebay, but here is one of those CDS with a bunch of illegal .pdf on it.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:02 pm 

On the far right of the auction page, below the 'People who viewed this item..." advertisements, is a 'Report Item' link. For something like this, I have been hitting 'Copyright and trademark' under the Report Category, under Reason for Report 'Bootleg records or unauthorised media,' and under Detailed Reason 'Unauthorized media on recordable formats.'

I know this guy has been reported many times, and EBay just keeps collecting their fees. To my understanding, though, they really don't seem to care unless the IP holder contests it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:05 am 

nevcoup wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:I don't know how to report items to Ebay, but here is one of those CDS with a bunch of illegal .pdf on it.

Reported.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:46 am 

Reported this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/90004977997103?ul_noapp=true

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

PreviousNext