Report sellers who infringe copyrights!
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:43 pm 

I am probaby not the first to bring this up, but is this guy some kind of counterfiter from Hong Kong?

eBay listings

20,000 sellers ratings on loose action figures. Descriptions are even in written in that lovable questionable English that I remember seeing as a kid on catalogs of pirated 5 1/4" floppies from Taiwan. I don't care in the slightest, just curious if I am right.

Zach

P.S. I found him looking for WoTC DnD minis, but his selection of plastic nerdity is impressive.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:53 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I have reported this asshat a bunch of times and eBay always pulls his listings, but he pops right back up. It is freaking ridiculous.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:10 am 

Seller throws up a LOT of copyrighted stuff on DVD. It should be a capital crime to sell Vampirella illegally, she's just too hot to be taken advantage of.
Sadly, the buyer for the Different Worlds lot has purchased several of them; he hit the roof when I informed him that I accidentally listed #6 as being present and it wasn't. Threatened negative feedback and whatnot, and refused to allow me to cancel the auction or offer a partial refund. Some people........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:55 am 

stephenf wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:This has never been "leaked" or "copied" to the Internet by anyone as far as I know.   Grogdog doesn't even have the name's of the round's for instance on his Greyhawkonline.com  

They are by the way:   Whipser of Trouble Round 1, The Other Point of View Round 2, The Truth Revealed Round 3.

Thanks!  Apparently GHO's down at the moment, but I'll add that info for my long-pending tourneys update :D

stephenf wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:The 3 part tourney uses the Circle of Eight characters: Mordenkainen the Mage Level 10, Robilar Level 8, Bigby the Mage level 7, Riggby the Patriarch Level 7, Yrag Level 8, Otis Level 7.  The tournament only used 6 characters.   I have the character sheets as well.   

Which version of the PC sheets?---plain paper, or parchment paper? :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:18 pm 

The seller says that all the items on the CD have fallen into the public domain? Somehow, I don't think that is a valid interpretation of the copyright laws.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:35 pm 

bbarsh wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:

The seller says that all the items on the CD have fallen into the public domain? Somehow, I don't think that is a valid interpretation of the copyright laws.

This is the same guy I've reported time and again and ebay does nothing.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:36 pm 

bbarsh wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:

In the US, author's life + 70 years for stuff published after '78 These were published in the early 80s, so, he's a complete idiot. Like most people who attempt to sell pirated things on DVD.

Poe's collected works? Absolutely. Go nuts lol.

Zen

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:20 pm 

Selling a counterfeit. Even admits as much in the description:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:27 am 

Another one. Admittedly nicely done, but surely this isn't on?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:21 am 

vosarnath wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:Another one. Admittedly nicely done, but surely this isn't on?

reported

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:07 pm 

Blocked now by the Acaeum, and reported at least twice, but the photocopied ST1 is now at £23 with some time to go...

...and he has 19 more (it's a limited edition, don'tcha know).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:09 pm 

vosarnath wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:Blocked now by the Acaeum, and reported at least twice, but the photocopied ST1 is now at £23 with some time to go...

...and he has 19 more (it's a limited edition, don'tcha know).

How on earth has this not been pulled. I am going to see if I can report it twice!!!

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:27 pm 

With respect, how does this eBay listing differ at all from the unauthorized NTRPGCon reprint of Inverness and other similar projects?

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:42 pm 

MetaSigma wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:With respect, how does this eBay listing differ at all from the unauthorized NTRPGCon reprint of Inverness and other similar projects?

"Unauthorized"? I'm fairly certain they contacted the authors and obtained permission. They are hardly unauthorized. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. Also, they aren't PDF printouts from illegally downloaded scans of the original modules.

Zenfinite

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:04 pm 

Some of them were, some of them weren't, including the "Research Copies" of Inverness that Sckterwhisp (sp?) reprinted after being explicitly told by WotC that they were not prepared to authorize a reprint. But memories are short, evidently. Nevermind, I just need to stay out of the Report sellers who are not ourselves who infringe copyrights, thread.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:39 pm 

MetaSigma wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:Some of them were, some of them weren't, including the "Research Copies" of Inverness that Sckterwhisp (sp?) reprinted after being explicitly told by WotC that they were not prepared to authorize a reprint. But memories are short, evidently. Nevermind, I just need to stay out of the Report sellers who are not ourselves who infringe copyrights, thread.

I never heard of any Inverness reprints. I was speaking on the Wee Warriors reprints which I know they obtained author permission. Did he attempt to sell them for profit? If that IS the case, then no, there is no difference, and I'd report that eBay auction just the same as I did this guy for the ST1.

Zen

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:13 am 

MetaSigma wrote in Report sellers who infringe copyrights!:With respect, how does this eBay listing differ at all from the unauthorized NTRPGCon reprint of Inverness and other similar projects?

You do have a point. The Inverness project was indeed similar to this. There are significant differences, though the end the result is the same. With the NTX reprint, there was an attempt - several, in fact, to gain permission. The final stamp would have come from WotC. Clearly that never happened. Also, NTX printed the Inverness to support the convention. Of course, you can say, "so what." Ok, that is fair. But to me, the distinction between the Inverness and this ST1 is minor, but important. The ST1 guy is simply out to cash in. Ebay is supporting his effort no matter how many of us report the item.

You lump  in the "and similar projects?" to your one sentence post. Exactly what other projects? It would seem you are suggesting NTX did other unauthorized projects, but maybe not. Hard to tell when it is included in the same sentence.

All of which is pretty much irrelevant, anyway. The ST1 "reprint" is illegal. I don't care how many other examples of that are out there. The NTX reprint was years ago now. I am not sure why it would be brought up, anyway.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:26 pm 

Some of them were, some of them weren't, including the "Research Copies" of Inverness that Sckterwhisp (sp?) reprinted after being explicitly told by WotC that they were not prepared to authorize a reprint

That not actually the sequence....we never heard any such thing from WOTC before the reprint came out, so we were never "explicitly told" anything before the reprint.    We contacted them about a reprint; they never got back to us.  After the con we contacted them again, they said they would not authorize a reprint (free or otherwise). So that was that, and the rest of the copies were destroyed.  We wouldn't do it again.  

All the Wee Warriors reprints are authorized, as well as any World of Dyon products (if we ever choose to reprint, seeing as how we still have many original copies for sale there isn't any chance of that happening in the near future).  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext