eBay spoof emails
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:40 pm 

I have today received 2 emails from "[email protected]" entitled "Subject: TKO NOTICE: Please verify your account" as follows

We are currently performing regular maintenance of our security measures.
Your account has been selected for this maintenance.

Protecting the security of your eBay auction account is our primary concern,
and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Comments are welcomed!

In order to update your account information, you need to complete the following process!
If not, your account may behave unnormally and errors may occur without notification.

Followed by a couple of boxes to confirm eBay name and password.

Hopefully none of the members of this forum are that stupid enough to fall for such a scam.  But its worth mentioning I suppose.

I have reported this to eBay UK who have confirmed that it is a spoof.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:18 pm 

Punctuation gives that one away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it is Game EmpWhorium. But I just CAN'T believe JAMES would do such a THING!

BTW, I bought Longsword from him the other day. He has exactly 2 weeks to put it in my hands. I am looking forward to the results of this experiment.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:21 am 

I really need to keep an intentionally infected word doc, then add that as an attached reply back to every moron who sends me one of those.  "My user/pass is in the word doc!"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:23 am 

I can help you there. I have over 50,000 different viruses. Did I mention I collect those too? Since 1991. I even have the ORIGINAL Stoned virus.
Hey, THAT'S what I'd collect if I didn't do RPG's!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:22 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:I can help you there. I have over 50,000 different viruses. Did I mention I collect those too? Since 1991. I even have the ORIGINAL Stoned virus.
Hey, THAT'S what I'd collect if I didn't do RPG's!

Just curious Frank...how many of those viruses were contracted from your man-friends?  With the recent purchases of the hot panties and all, I am sure your A$$ is in high demand! :wink:

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:32 pm 

Another spoof email doing the rounds.  Supposedly from "[email protected]", Subject "Billing Issues"

Any newbies tuning in, make sure you delete it.

eBay Suspension

Dear valued eBay member,

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the eBay community.

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the update of your actual account.

If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

Please update your records by the 15th of August.

Once you have updated your account records your eBay session will not be interrupted and will

continue as normal.

To update your eBay records click on the following link:

<Deleted>

Regards,

Safeharbor Department

eBay, Inc.