Ebay about to shoot itself again
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:44 am 

I didn’t accept the option to connect my bank so will continue to sell or buy with PayPal as my choice

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:58 pm 

ashmire13 wrote in Ebay about to shoot itself again:I didn’t accept the option to connect my bank so will continue to sell or buy with PayPal as my choice

I may be wrong, but I believe a connected bank account will be mandatory starting 2/28/21.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:17 pm 

Skullhammer wrote in Ebay about to shoot itself again:
I may be wrong, but I believe a connected bank account will be mandatory starting 2/28/21.

I was given a more recent mandatory date.  I suspect it's different among sellers depending on multiple factors.   :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:39 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Ebay about to shoot itself again:...depending on multiple factors.   :?

"And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." -Revelation 13:17

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:12 pm 

Skullhammer wrote in Ebay about to shoot itself again:

Just read that whilst not mandatory, eBay may restrict new listings or cancel current ones  :roll:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:10 am 

ashmire13 wrote in Ebay about to shoot itself again:
Just read that whilst not mandatory, eBay may restrict new listings or cancel current ones  :roll:

Which pretty much means it's mandatory.... if you want to sell....   :roll:

I suspect what will actually happen is that eBay will cajole, pester, threaten and whatever for months as some people transition.  They won't actually stop any sellers for months and months.  That's what they've been doing with active content in listings, for example.   :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:58 am 

eBay's Managed payments can be a little cheaper than using Paypal depending on how much you sell
However you are also charged full Final values fees on any Taxes collected and as already mentioned eBay keeps your money for several days

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:59 pm 

I don’t see why they need to hold your money for a few days.

Unless by holding many millions a day means they get more interest paid

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:24 pm 

Exactly. Two days of interest on 29.5 million $$$, every single day, is a hell of a lot of $$$. Why the F wouldn't you delay payment to sellers? There is absolutely no incentive to make anything faster for the seller. It's not like they have any other choice.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:01 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Ebay about to shoot itself again:It's not like they have any other choice.

After an in depth consulting procedure (we sat around and brain stormed ways to make more money so we could hit targets and get paid our bonuses) we have listened to all the feedback (lol.. ) and have now implemented the following new rules (its not like you have a choice hay, you are just going to have to suck it up) We welcome your further feedback (nope.. we will look at the revenue and if it goes up we think of something else to get even more money as that's what we are paid for.. this isn't a charity you know)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:41 am 

I can only assume eBay and Amazon have an agreement not to encroach on eachother's market share.
Amazon already has the distribution network and logistics hub to ship anything from anywhere in the world to anywhere else in the world.
If they set up a auction platform they would noticeably damage eBay in a matter of months.
Provided they could fend off, or delay, any monopoly issues, they would likely reduce eBay to a going concern and be in a position to just buy the at a notable discount.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:58 pm 

Well, without changing anything, minis I’ve sold in the last 48hrs have been paid via eBay process and not PayPal!
So the £50+ is now in the ether waiting to go into my bank. eBay says I’ve been paid and should post the items, but the money isn’t in my hand unlike it would be via PayPal

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:40 pm 

I'm sure everything will be fine, but I do wonder what does happen if the money somehow doesn't turn up. It's bound to happen one day, and it won't be eBay out of pocket. They will say the seller should have factored the risk into their pricing structure and their decision to sell.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:03 pm 

ashmire13 wrote in Ebay about to shoot itself again:Well, without changing anything, minis I’ve sold in the last 48hrs have been paid via eBay process and not PayPal!
So the £50+ is now in the ether waiting to go into my bank. eBay says I’ve been paid and should post the items, but the money isn’t in my hand unlike it would be via PayPal

I've had several transactions like this now and eventually the money shows up in the bank.  I hope your experience is good.   :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:52 pm 

Can you define "eventually"? For the charges (22% of the sale including shipping price IIRC) I expect cash delivered to my door in 8 hours.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:58 pm 

Deadlord wrote in Ebay about to shoot itself again:Can you define "eventually"? For the charges (22% of the sale including shipping price IIRC) I expect cash delivered to my door in 8 hours.

About four to five days.   :(

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:19 am 

Deadlord wrote in Ebay about to shoot itself again:Can you define "eventually"? For the charges (22% of the sale including shipping price IIRC) I expect cash delivered to my door in 8 hours.

12% now taken straight away and it takes 3-6 days I’ve found, in general. Apparently I’m 0.2% better off (or something similar) than using PayPal. eBay holding everyone’s money for 4 days on average probably is considerably more £‘s interest in their bank before sending it out.

It works as a system, but I’d rather pay the extra to get my money straight away.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:00 am 

I wonder what happens if you post a statement on your sales saying, 'eBay takes four days to process your payment. We do not ship goods until cleared funds are received. If you but this item it will not be shipped until 5 days after payment.'

PreviousNext