One man's junk. . . AKA: FREE STUFF!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:01 pm 

grodog wrote:How was the show mordrin?  Did you get to play in Castle Zagyg/Greyhawk with Gygax and Kuntz DMing???

No - in fact right now is the first I've heard of Kuntz and Zagyg being a part of it.
I normally hate convention role-playing, but I might have done it just to see their DMing styles.

I played all strategy games:
Wreckage, Bridges of Shangri-La (can't remember the last game that good), Titan, Chez Goth, FRAG.  Highlight for me was Big Idea and Give Me the Brain with Cheapass founder James Ernest.

The show was a lot smaller than I expected.  Saturday was about double Friday, Sun I wasn't around.  There were more events offered than players, so lots of events canceled and people drifted over to add to whatever did have enough.

All in all, reasonably enjoyable, and I plan to go back, but I don't know if I'll do F+S, S+Su or just S next time.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:07 am 

Just got my box as well. Thank you for the freebies, I think you just got on my Christmas card list.   :D

Have a great one!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:19 am 

mordrin wrote:
grodog wrote:How was the show mordrin?  Did you get to play in Castle Zagyg/Greyhawk with Gygax and Kuntz DMing???

No - in fact right now is the first I've heard of Kuntz and Zagyg being a part of it.
I normally hate convention role-playing, but I might have done it just to see their DMing styles.

If you're curious, there are some good accounts over on Dragonsfoot at Dragonsfoot • Information

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:19 am 

First Quest Box set: contains the Adventures Book, Monsters & Treasures book, screen, Clerics Spell book, wizards spell boook and a few cards
Basic set Dungeon Masters and Players books (red cover edition). Very Good

Goblins Lair box set: contains all the modules and maps. Also contains the modules and maps for the Dragon's Den box set.
- Players Handbook 1st ed. AD&D. POOR condition.
- Unearthed Arcana. GOOD condition. Some pages separated from binding
World of Greyhawk Gazetteer (the one that came with the original Folio World of Greyhawk)
- Zanzer's Dungeon module pack? (some sort of tabbed adventure booklet in a little boxed sleeve. Also the map for Zanzer's Dungeon.

D&D Basic and Expert Rulebooks (Erol Otus artwork on covers). Fair condition - at best.
- Complete Fightesr Handbook (Fine condition)
- Grenadier Blister pack of two Grunch Warriors (Headless fighters). Unopened.
- Complete Priests Handbook (slight factory miscut on a few pages. GOOD condition.

These are probably all gone but would love these if there still availible

tom green

WWW YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:38 am 

Tom Thumb!  Welcome to the forums!  

For being so bold as to ask for this stuff over 6 months after I posted it, I think I can arrange a few freebies.   I am sure I have several Basic Red rulebooks and a beat up old Players handbook.

PM (private message) me your address - or, you can just post it if you don't care if the forum knows.

Paul

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:50 am 

I have a complete red box basic set in fair condition that I got off of E-Bay not long ago for one penny. 8O  
The books are in good condition, box is basically not good at all, Its a long story.  :roll:  
I would be willing to send it to you for TRUE shipping costs and eat the penny I paid.  :wink: :)

I would want to keep the dice bag and crayon though. PM me if you are interested....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:46 am 

Aneoth wrote:I have a complete red box basic set in fair condition that I got off of E-Bay not long ago for one penny. 8O  
The books are in good condition, box is basically not good at all, Its a long story.  :roll:  
I would be willing to send it to you for TRUE shipping costs and eat the penny I paid.  :wink: :)

I would want to keep the dice bag and crayon though. PM me if you are interested....

Shipping in a padded envelope, right?    :twisted:

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:26 pm 

lol, nope I have a box that the reb box set will fit safely in and the box should keep the red box set fairly safe from additional damage. If he wants I can send it in a padded envelope, but I recommend highly against it. The books are still nice enough to not want them damaged even though the red box is in poor condition. 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:34 pm 

send a 100 bucks too. after all thats what he's really after. 8O

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:11 pm 

Hey!  I started this thread as a nice gesture to fellow members.  Let's try to keep the bickering to a minimum.

Play nice!

:)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:48 pm 

Btb, what do you have left out of your stuff anyway?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:12 pm 

Traveller. . . who knows?  I have tons of odds and ends - some I have been assembling into "junk" lots to sell on eBay when I get a chance.  If you have never noticed, I do a lot of reselling, so I inevitably pick up quite of bit of ragtag items.

I've been thinking about doing another give away soon. . .

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:39 pm 

I'm also passing some old RPG books. The listing of what I currently can be found here:

Pass It On (The Wraith)

Sorry from posting about another message board, but I want people to have an equal opprotunity.

Thanx!

The Wraith - [email protected]

Yin & Yang Productions on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/yinyangpro

WWW ICQ YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:16 pm 

hey, hope I'm not too late...

I'd be interested in that Dragon 148 if it's still around. Even without the insert.

thanks.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:59 pm 

Dude!   8O

Well, I guess it's not too late . . . I still have it around after all .  .  .

Private Message me your address (do you want a few more dragons?  What do you need in the 120-150 range?)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:01 pm 

It's never too late for freebies!!!! :lol:

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:12 pm 

bbarsh wrote:It's never too late for freebies!!!! :lol:

Then again, 6 months might be a bit of a Sttrreeetttccchhhh.  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:58 am 

D&D Basic and Expert Rulebooks (Erol Otus artwork on covers). Fair condition - at best.

-- I need those, my copies were lost a long time ago.

Regards,

Stephen

PreviousNext